ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mark Sampson: Stevenage caretaker charged with… by bcb1994Today 14:54Today at 14:54:45view thread

Oldest article: Bury Fallout by dippers17/9 18:16Sat Sep 7 18:16:06 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The Stevenage FC Podcast: #20 by Boromatt7/11 10:26Thu Nov 7 10:26:59 2019view thread

Re: Yesterday

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)4/11 06:53Mon Nov 4 06:53:42 2019In response to Yesterday

Views: 925

What astounds me most is those chanting we want Sampson out was so proud of themselves. It’s like they want him to fail to prove a point. I’m not telling anyone to like Sampson. But for me supporting the team includes the manager, it’s not like we want him in to fail (I hope) . Then again they was off their faces on drugs and was threatening to beat up 16 year olds for no reason (until I made a rather loud point about how very high and mighty they was.) This club was all about together and unity, clearly that’s gone. I thought more of the people who claim to support the club. Shame

As for the game. It was alright. Can’t miss the chances we did and expect to win games. Scunthorpe beat Exeter 4-0 and Northampton 3-0 in recent weeks and only lost two at home this season. Do believe that they’ll be the team to be in the play off picture come April. We didn’t give Novak and Van Veen a sniff. I think it’s a good point if we come to beat oldham. We won the midfield again, it was far from aimless hoof ball , Farman has had one save from the free kick, and as I say we really did have the chances to win it

Thought the tactics was spot on mostly. For the sub debate, I really don’t think anyone would of made a huge impact, people will say Cowley but for who, Watts and Parrett was on the wing so then you have to change the system, why would we change the system, we wasn’t giving them chances and we was creating good ones and there would of been meltdown if we subbed striker for striker. The bench is very week but with Sampson freezing Kennedy and Taylor out. I suppose we’re asking for that

As for Mark, PW has backed him for the next few weeks with Oldfield returning and Coppell still in the picture. We’re creating chances and we’re becoming hard to beat. Run of decent enough form. Think we’re 11th in the form table. For those asking is he the long term answer, Is this the time to answer that?, let’s get out of this mess first before we ask that. He’s adjusting his focus from long term to short term to get these results. Definite upward trend, is it fast enough? For now. Two big league matches for the club coming up. For now my faith lays with Mark.

To the how far we can go. I don’t think these players are far away from pushing on. I’m not saying we will push on. I’m saying we’re not miles away. Finishing chances would help. I know we say it every week but still big players to come back. I think the squad will be significantly trimmed. One or two reinforcements would make a huge difference. A winger, A striker and Lakin (My MOTM Saturday) was always a view in January to a loan extension. But we’ve got such a talented squad. That amongst other things need confidence

I’ve been to every game this season and I’ve only once thought we’re screwed. Something from the team is still wanting me to get up and go to Scunthorpe. And it’s certainly not the sight seeing. So I believe in the team (including the manager) to get the results. The major positive is every single one of those players care and work their absolute hardest. As long as you have that, you have every chance and until that drops I’ll be supporting them at every game with every fibre in my body

Up the Boro

reply to this article | return to the front page

13 people like this 13 people   8 people dislike this 8 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Yesterday by Deano4/11 14:25Mon Nov 4 14:25:40 2019

Previous thread: Rollinson by Bladders5/11 21:21Tue Nov 5 21:21:35 2019view thread