ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mark Sampson: Stevenage caretaker charged with… by Ratman46Today 13:14Today at 13:14:35view thread

Oldest article: Bury Fallout by dippers17/9 18:16Sat Sep 7 18:16:06 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: We've missed the boat by Rotterdamboro7/11 15:14Thu Nov 7 15:14:50 2019view thread

Re: Herts Senior Cup Tie Postponed

By Puds (Chuds)7/11 14:34Thu Nov 7 14:34:07 2019In response to Re: Herts Senior Cup Tie Postponed

Views: 262

I would be genuinely interested in further information on this as I have only missed one of those events in the last six or seven years, I always tweet every question asked and answer given throughout them, and I do not recall this ever being discussed before.

This is the first time we have played a home game at an alternative neutral venue and have previously played our games at our stadium in both the HSC and the FA Youth Cup if drawn at home. Last season we were drawn to play at home to Berkhamsted in the HSC but we moved our match to be played at their ground (all other away games in it we were drawn away anyway), however in all previous seasons we have played our home matches in both competitions at our ground, including last season in the FA Youth Cup.

I get the financial cost of us hosting games and I get the financial benefit we get of hosting Spurs' games (which PW has said multiple times is very lucrative). I personally have no issue with us not playing our HSC games at our stadium and always want us to be drawn away in it anyway as it is far more fun.

I am very disappointed in the club for their stance with regards to the FA Yourh Cup though. We have hosted a lot of matches in this down the years, always get decent crowds and it gives our fans a chance to see and support the youngsters whilst also giving the players a chance to play at their club's home stadium in front of their home fans, which is not a small thing. Revs himself was talking about what a key thing it is and how great an experience it is for them to play in front of a crowd under the lights. Even if it lost a couple of quid, the experience should not be removed from the academy players IMO and this should be their reward and their chance to put on a show for our fans to support them. Very poor to switch it IMO, especially by using the line about fixture congestion.

Edited by Chuds at 15:59:26 on 7th November 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Herts Senior Cup Tie Postponed by Cruffers7/11 14:47Thu Nov 7 14:47:31 2019

Previous thread: Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fine by Bladders7/11 17:23Thu Nov 7 17:23:56 2019view thread