ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Cowley by Owen BToday 20:18Today at 20:18:25view thread

Oldest article: Oldfield is back officially by Donnellyrd5/11/2019 15:59Tue Nov 5 15:59:07 20192 people dislike this 2 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Jerome Okimo by Rotterdamboro10/12/2019 20:33Tue Dec 10 20:33:55 2019view thread

Re: Next League Win

By AgentEves10/12/2019 21:31Tue Dec 10 21:31:52 2019In response to Re: Next League Win

Views: 403

What exactly has shown that we are better against the better teams? A 1-1 draw against a Peterborough side that were probably highly complacent heading into the game? A 3-1 win against Colchester in the Mickey Mouse Tinpot Trophy?

We are shit. We have been shit all season. We are slightly less shit at conceding goals now than we were under Dino, but really the benefit is marginal because the overall product is equally shit.

This is, by far, the most tedious shit I have ever had to watch. I preferred it under Smith because at least, on occasion, we scored (or came remotely close to scoring) even if we were trying to defend at the other end with 3 of the worst players I have ever seen play for Stevenage.

I don't love any of our players, but I don't hate any of them, either. Most of them actually seem to be somewhat competent. We don't have any major liabilities, which wasn't the case under almost every single manager we have had previously, but fuck me, it's boring. We have no blood-and-thunder in the midfield, we have no exciting skillful players, we have no striker banging in goals all day long, we have nothing. Just a bunch of 6/10s with no personality and a 6/10 manager who has no personality because he's on his best behaviour. At least Haber had a fucking personality, even if that personality was 'utter prick'.

I like Carter and Lakin. They seem decent, but that really is about it. The closest the rest of them have to evoking any sort of emotion is when they piss me off with their stupid fucking hand gestures on Instagram.

Just out of curiosity, why do we have to 'battle on and support our players and management' if they're consistently putting out utter turgid performances? Why aren't we allowed to ask for more? Why can't we expect better?

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Next League Win by Stevie Wonder11/12/2019 10:00Wed Dec 11 10:00:26 2019

Previous thread: Training by WASP9/12/2019 20:24Mon Dec 9 20:24:39 2019view thread