ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Was that the game? by Deltic 21Yesterday 23:54Yesterday at 23:54:03view thread

Oldest article: IFollow Highlights by samborough24/10/2019 09:00Thu Oct 24 09:00:42 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator15/1 10:23Wed Jan 15 10:23:39 2020view thread

Re: Comment

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 16:25Sun Jan 12 16:25:20 2020In response to Comment

Views: 1117

My actual thoughts. Not that any of you care but I want to rant

I used to be the most optimistic fan (Farley aside), but I have come to terms with relegation. I’ve been to every game this season including leasing.com. I’ve said “Luck will turn” since August. I have seen all 36 players in the squad. I have seen every formation. I have seen every type of loss and draw you can imagine. Scrappy, undeserved, bore draw, full of chances. I’ve seen high press, low press, long ball, tika taka. I will of course still be hoping that we do win and stay up. But That’s all it is now. Hope.

I often gauge where I am as a fan from the manager's interview where I lose my hope. With Sarll it was the I Phone comment, with Dino it was him saying we need to work harder when the players at Cheltenham was clearly exhausted, Sampson it was Peterborough saying we need to be better 1000 times without saying how. GWs interview yesterday was worse than them all

“Vale had a clear week” - They didn’t. They played Tuesday

“The M4 closures affected us” - In Energy at best. In terms of selection, substitutions, set up and tempo. That isn’t the M4s fault

“We had lots of chances” - No. We had one good chance

However, I did agree with him when he said it was a big game.

A game that we didn’t show attacking intentions in till after the penalty when they all lined up on the halfway line. A game that we had no grip on at any point. A game where we always attacking in or defending in. A game where we made subs sake rather than in order to change the game. Why change the system so significantly from Wednesday where Bristol who plays the same formation as Vale didn’t have a sniff. This isn't experimenting time Graham. We need points

I just watched Watford Bournemouth. For Watford, the players have bought into him and the system and show the intent to attack games despite being in trouble, every player knows their roles to a T, they know what they’re doing. Proper management by Pearson. As for Bournemouth, players are trying. But look mentally fragile, lack tempo and lack an identity out there & are in big trouble. It was like watching what we should be and what we aren‘t

Don’t let this post let you think the players haven’t got the blame from my view, of course, they do. But we’ve seen the players are capable so why isn’t it working?

In all honesty, I think we filled the gaps we had from last season. But we didn’t step up. Everyone else did. I don’t think we solved pre-existing issues that your Chair and Seddon types did

I also think the players are so so mentally weak and fragile. It takes some very good management to eradicate that considering how long it’s gone on for. I watched an amazing video from Wenger a few weeks back. He was essentially saying it’s never about the mentality itself. Saying it’s not about the intensity of motivation, it's about the stamina of the motivation. It's all good going to places like FGR and playing them off the park. That shows the intensity is there. But the longer goals may take, the quicker the intensity dies out. The frustration sets in and we then crumble in the second half, the dying minutes or the next game. Let's compare to Liverpool. Lost CL final against Madrid. Did that demotivate them? No. Finished league with 96/97 points, won CL following year. Now they've just won Club world cup, on their way to win PL. Relentless motivation. The mentality of the highest order. In fact, let’s compare to the Golden era Stevenage. Every single one of those players was ready for war. They believed going into every match they're gonna batter their opponents. They were hungry & ruthless. They had the "stamina of the motivation." Never settling and we implemented an addiction for winning. Look at Darius at Wycombe. That squad have no right to be second in league one. But they live by the “This is our house, you play by our rules mentality”. It all takes the right players and the right management. Can that be implemented? Of course. Look at Watford for example. But we are no closer to it than we were after Salford for example

Do we need signings? Yes, Do players need shifting? Yes Has recruitment been to blame? Yes. But why is everyone figuring this out now? Under Sampson, it was his fault and now it’s the players? Makes sense

I have given up on FL safety. I love this club and it hurts me deeply to say that.

Tuesday is our biggest game of the season, maybe even more than that and I couldn’t be less confident or up for it.

I’m hoping for the love of God that we turn it around. Or Solihull away will be fact and there’s no arguing that one

Up the Boro

Edited by Donnelly at 16:26:17 on 12th January 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

13 people like this 13 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Comment by Donnellyrd14/1 23:52Tue Jan 14 23:52:52 2020

Previous thread: National league poll? by WASP13/1 17:55Mon Jan 13 17:55:54 2020view thread