ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Was that the game? by Deltic 21Yesterday 23:54Yesterday at 23:54:03view thread

Oldest article: IFollow Highlights by samborough24/10/2019 09:00Thu Oct 24 09:00:42 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator15/1 10:23Wed Jan 15 10:23:39 2020view thread

Re: Comment

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 17:33Sun Jan 12 17:33:48 2020In response to Re: Comment

Views: 885

Whilst there is a lot I agree with in there, I didn't actually think we were as bad as many seem to think yesterday, and didn't view it as being much worse than other performances (relatively speaking here, none of them are actually good).

It was like most of our recent home games in that neither side created anything or looked particularly better than the other. For large spells of the second half we were the side attacking and looking most likely to score (or at least create something) and had a couple of decent breaks that we should have done better with. We looked solid at the back again, but didn't create anything from midfield or provide service to the strikers, who again didn't create anything for themselves either. I am stunned that Guthrie stayed on the whole match and was very annoyed with his performance yesterday, and Kennedy frustrated the hell out of me, yet again. I didn't understand why our first sub was bringing Timlin on and I would have brought Parrett on far earlier, plus Cowley. We gave their back line a pretty easy ride. But had it finished 0-0 it would have been another where many fans are applauding enthusiastically at FT and feeling chipper about our chances. But the same old problem is we score so little that if our opposition gets any chance, we are going home without anything, and we gifted them that chance.

I still honestly think we'll stay up, and I believe we will get something out of Tuesday night. My biggest concern is whether Morecambe get a result against Port Vale the same night, which I fear they may. If we were to both win it wouldn't be such a bad thing though as those just above us would start getting a little concerned.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Next article in this thread: Re: Comment by Baldock12/1 17:21Sun Jan 12 17:21:13 2020

Previous thread: National league poll? by WASP13/1 17:55Mon Jan 13 17:55:54 2020view thread