ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: V Walsall prediction? by Roland RimbsToday 18:40Today at 18:40:02view thread

Oldest article: Late Goals - Points by Old Town Boro11/1 17:34Sat Jan 11 17:34:06 20201 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Have We Gone Backwards? by Boromatt15/1 00:09Wed Jan 15 00:09:41 2020view thread

Re: New signing...........

By Deltic 2114/1 18:41Tue Jan 14 18:41:22 2020In response to Re: New signing...........

Views: 459

I said elsewhere that I wanted to see us gain a goalscorer or two, and was confronted with the ‘where do we get a 20 goal striker from?’

Now, I didn’t say they needed to be strikers as such (I said ‘up front’ which I can see implied out-and-out strikers but actually meant the attacking third of the pitch) and I didn’t say 20 goals, although of course that would be nice. A 10 goal striker and/or winger or attacking mid would all be fine. What frustrates me is that we have had goalscorers before, even on our budgets. Why not now?

We should be able to compete for either experienced scorers finding it hard to re-establish themselves after a hiatus, or goal-hungry players from below who’d be thrilled to play at a higher level. Maybe - as Rotterdam says - persuading a couple of decent appointments to come here may take a bit of extra money, but it could be that or relegation. Our current squad aren’t finding the net, so clearly they are a big part of the lack of goals issue. If it’s formation or management or some other reason, then it needs identifying and sorting out fast, because we need goals from somewhere.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Next article in this thread: Re: New signing........... by Freemo14/1 19:46Tue Jan 14 19:46:11 2020

Previous thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator15/1 10:23Wed Jan 15 10:23:39 2020view thread