ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Our squad by dippers1Today 10:00Today at 10:00:45view thread

Oldest article: Twelve games by P-Dizzle15/2 16:39Sat Feb 15 16:39:48 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Revs new manager. Breaking news by WASP16/2 16:34Sun Feb 16 16:34:48 2020view thread

Re: Embarrassing and clueless

By Deltic 2116/2 18:37Sun Feb 16 18:37:36 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless

Views: 410

Well obviously I don’t have anything concrete as evidence, just, like most of us, gut instincts. Clearly I cannot defend GW’s record this season; I agree it is dreadful on every level and many managers have been sacked for less. But after watching the first half at Bradford, and then seeing him change some players for Saturday, I saw much improved performances. Not enough just yet to win, granted, but like we were going to keep improving and nick points, esp against Macc and Morc when we play them. I do believe the players were showing ‘passion’ on Saturday and that they might be grasping the Westley way. Pleased to see the return of List particularly who I think is one of our most creative players.

What you shouldn’t do is go through 4 managers in a season. Teams that do stink of being doomed. Overall, given the limited choices available, I’d have stuck with GW and if we still failed, give him the chance to rebuild. If sacking him really was the best choice, then why think that the coach below the coach we had before is the one to save the season? If we accept this management team isn’t working, and the gamble on a new manager is worth taking, then it has to be someone new. Granted they would then need their own bedding-in period, but that is surely better than more of the same?? What is Revs going to do any differently?

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Embarrassing and clueless by AgentEves16/2 19:12Sun Feb 16 19:12:27 2020

Previous thread: Mark Sampson by Boromatt15/2 19:03Sat Feb 15 19:03:54 2020view thread