ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: WATN by Old Town BoroToday 02:31Today at 02:31:21view thread

Oldest article: TSFC Podcast “Boro Fan of The Season”. by Boromatt13/2 14:12Thu Feb 13 14:12:39 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Stevenage For League Football tees by Thora18/2 20:30Tue Feb 18 20:30:10 2020view thread

Black day

By jayess17/2 22:25Mon Feb 17 22:25:30 2020

Views: 1577

Exhilaration at Wembley, tears of joy at Kidderminster, pride at White Hart Lane, despair at Cambridge.
From Accrington to Plainmoor I’ve experienced the full gamut of emotions supporting Stevenage, and driven countless, mainly solitary, miles in the cause.
Just about the only thing by wife and my ex have in common is complete bewilderment at my decision to make an eight-hour round trip to Port Yesterday I felt a new emotion. Shame.
Suddenly it is the season of the four managers. How village. How non-league. How Notts County. How they must be loving this in Woking.
How on earth did we get here?
We have put up with Phil Wallace’ s serial inability to differentiate between a decent manager and his own backside because of his undoubted skills in non-football areas.
But this is a pantomime.
Dino no good? Sack him and give Mark Sampson a go. Not quite up to it? Let’s get Wezza in then. So GW takes a look at what he’s got and thinks perhaps Kennedy and Parrett can fix the complete lack of creativity. Once they prove they can’t he starts recruiting. Can you imagine just how difficult that is in the January window when you are bottom of the league? Anyone who is any good is already locked down under contract, so you beg one here and you borrow one there and you probably pay over the odds for a non-league centre forward because everybody knows you are desperate.
Then you roll the dice again and you are winning at Bradford. The boos are ringing out for the home side until Tyler Denton, inexplicably, makes the most fundamental error and out of nowhere they are level.
As Steve said on commentary at the time: “As a manager, I’m not sure what you can do about that.” Then your best defender limps off, they score again and you’ve lost again. Tiny, tiny margins.
So, less than two months after we hired him, we fire Graham Westley.
Irrespective of what you think of the man, this is so, so bloody shabby.
Now Revs gets a turn…just about the only one who hasn’t had a go so far. He’s bright (I think) and personable and just maybe he can find a silk purse or two among the plethora of sows ears that our recruitment team has gathered together this season. Perhaps he can keep us up after all…given Macclesfield’s run in and depleted team we might need fewer points than we imagine.
But if he doesn’t, will he still be here next season? What if he loses a few on the bounce? Will it become the season of FIVE managers?
What about me? Has the M3 got too long, and the M25 just too crowded? Do I actually want to do this any more? I’m beginning to think that maybe I don’t.
And isn’t it time the chairman asked himself the same question?

reply to this article | return to the front page

11 people like this 11 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Black day by Westley is God18/2 18:53Tue Feb 18 18:53:48 2020

Previous thread: This Forum... by boroinyc19/2 23:59Wed Feb 19 23:59:28 2020view thread