ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Stevenage Programme/Teamsheet Help by BaldockYesterday 19:46Yesterday at 19:46:18view thread

Oldest article: O Goals by Willo915/2 17:58Sat Feb 15 17:58:48 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Lost again by haribo22/2 16:55Sat Feb 22 16:55:09 2020view thread

Re: Revell's First Game

By AgentEves21/2 22:48Fri Feb 21 22:48:16 2020In response to Re: Revell's First Game

Views: 773

"I'd imagine I could do the B licence exams without the course."

There's no 'exam' per se. It's a one day assessment. You're given a coaching topic (shooting, long passing, etc.. mine was defending) and then you're watched while you give a 1 hour session which has to include various elements (that you learn about during the course).

It's 5 full days of learning, then you have about 12-weeks where you are supposed to keep a log of all the sessions you have run with the team you coach. You then go back for two days for the assessment (each person gets 1 hour to coach the rest of the group as if they were their team).

It's not complicated, but I don't think you could just rock up and pass. There's a pretty set structure that you have to follow and certain components that you are expected to include (and a bunch of other things that you're penalised for doing). I didn't actually complete my log book, because I wasn't actually coaching a team at the time (I did my course while I was back from Canada for a few months, and the team I had been coaching was in Canada). I was allowed to essentially 'plan' 12 sessions that showed progression, rather than making a log of what I actually did.

Level 3 / UEFA B is a bit more complicated. There's no definitive time frame, as far as I know. You have to do a LOT more paperwork, draw up all your drills and session plans, and show an advanced knowledge of coaching. Admittedly, it's not rocket science, but you have to show knowledge of how to coach certain elements that are significantly more complex than simply shooting, passing, defending, etc (such as patterns of play, playing between the lines, counter attacking).

The main issue with the courses is that beyond Level 2, they're fucking expensive. They mentioned on the radio that Revs did one of his badges (presumably Level 3 or 4) through the Welsh FA instead of the English FA. The Welsh (and basically any other country that isn't England) FA offer the same courses for substantially less, plus they're not as oversubscribed so they're easier to get onto.

I'm currently doing the paperwork to do my Provincial B licence in Canada. It probably won't be worth the paper it's written on outside of Canada, but it's the only courses on offer unless I fly back to England or go through the US system (which I suspect probably isn't much better than Canada's). The plus side is that I'm getting my courses paid for through the club I coach for.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Revell's First Game by Baldock21/2 23:44Fri Feb 21 23:44:45 2020

Previous thread: Simeon Jackson by Paulio25/2 22:55Tue Feb 25 22:55:38 2020view thread