ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Match thread by Bragbury106Today 04:39Today at 04:39:07view thread

Oldest article: New Signing - Dan Kemp by Pat31/1 11:23Fri Jan 31 11:23:07 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: National league suspended indefinitely by FootyIQYesterday 16:45Yesterday at 16:45:10view thread

Re: Looks like we have another season in L2

By Deltic 2125/3 18:06Wed Mar 25 18:06:02 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2

Views: 1428

Let’s just hope that if we retain our league status (well done coronavirus, never doubted ya!), that Phil takes this season as a glimpse of what can happen if we don’t recruit properly, to both management and playing staff. I for one would NOT want Revs to continue, but think a whole new start with an experienced league manager, OR a motivated success from the lower leagues and an overwhelmingly new squad is what is needed. The need to rebuild a completely new team is a challenge many managers would jump at.

At a tough financial time such as this I can hardly demand we increase our playing budget, but solid funding is clearly needed to compete. Not squandering the playing budget on 267 hopeless shirt-thieves would be a start, but this will mean addressing who is in charge of recruitment. If strict limits on playing numbers can be set, with some intelligent recruitment, then the budget really may be made to work as it is. It is not essential the budget be increased, just used better. I absolutely do NOT want to go through this kind of shit again.

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Looks like we have another season in L2 by Freemo25/3 20:25Wed Mar 25 20:25:09 2020

Previous thread: Alphabet challenge by Baldock29/3 20:19Sun Mar 29 20:19:35 2020view thread