ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Any news from the club.... by WASPToday 05:21Today at 05:21:47view thread

Oldest article: Luke Garrard by Rotterdamboro13/12/2020 14:27Sun Dec 13 14:27:40 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA cup snippet by Deltic 2110/1 18:29Sun Jan 10 18:29:26 2021view thread

Re: Match Thread.

By AgentEves9/1 22:45Sat Jan 9 22:45:50 2021In response to Re: Match Thread.

Views: 814

"Newton isn’t the player he once was"

At this point, Newton is precariously close to the Ben Kennedy category. People keep saying he's not the player he once was. But I keep wondering... what player was that, exactly? I've always remembered him being a player who works hard, is strong, but essentially just runs around with his head down. Most of his goals came from brute force, and he's never exactly looked like a particularly technically skilled player. No different than what we see now.

I don't think he's necessarily gotten worse, because I'm just not entirely sure he was ever that good to begin with. Maybe we just weren't as picky back then because we weren't so shit? He's clearly back to being fit, and has had enough of a run in the side, so it's difficult to argue that his injury has hindered him.

As I've said elsewhere, he wins more than his fair share of headers and flick-ons, but his in-possession play is poor more often than it is good. His decision making is also very poor. He'd make a fantastic Conference striker, but I think that's about his limit, unless his mental and technical attributes improve.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Match Thread. by Tucks11/1 13:06Mon Jan 11 13:06:19 2021

Previous thread: Lee Bozier by Pete11/1 10:51Mon Jan 11 10:51:17 2021view thread