ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The Gary Smith era by SFCfoxToday 17:43Today at 17:43:45view thread

Oldest article: Do you think our current squad would win Conferenc… by Rotterdamboro23/12/2020 15:46Wed Dec 23 15:46:28 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro picks by footballfan11/3 12:12Thu Mar 11 12:12:35 2021view thread

Re: National League N&S declared null and void

By Taz21/2 18:05Sun Feb 21 18:05:19 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and void

Views: 858

Was debating whether or not this is true, and I've decided it's not. It is very much worth a discussion on this subject, in every single forum it can be had because the insanity and disregard for psychological health of the British government (and many others) is literally killing people, and will continue to do so.

An unpopular opinion from 2016:
"The key findings—that social isolation was a predictor of mortality on par with smoking, obesity, elevated blood pressure, and high cholesterol—were therefore particularly robust. And the policy recommendation, that health care providers assess isolation in their regular patient examinations, has clear potential to save, or extend, lives."
/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4985072/

Between Jan 2019 and Jan 2021 anxiety levels have increased by almost 400%. /www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/the-implications-of-covid-19-for-mental-health-and-substance-use/

Anxiety can lead to a number of physical sicknesses and chronic illnesses, including heart attacks and increased stress can also be a factor in cancer. It also reduces the immune system effectiveness, making people vulnerable to all the sicknesses people normally die from but we've forgotten exist like flu and pneumonia.

And then there's hope. The simple fact that hope is being taken erodes resilience. There are countless studies on this, but the most cause/effect study is a very old one with Dr. Richter and his rat studies. A lack of hope is absolutely devastating, people need a reason to live or they simply don't continue on.

I remember a while back you shared some reports from a guy advising the government, Dr. Reicher, he works with social identity. I remember thinking 'If I was in a position of authority and wanted to create sheeple, I'd do exactly what he's suggesting.' The constant pressure, anxiety, and stress, along with a reassuring government that "we can fix this", carefully worded propaganda to create a 'them and us' turbo-powered curtain-twitching society, all the while giving and taking away hope is essentially how narcissists and abusive spouses behave. It's dangerous, it's abusive, it's killing and will continue to kill people.

The research on isolation and hopelessness is abundant, but it seems that only the science that supports the popular opinion is spouted. For a year I've been saying this. For a year people have ignored me. An increasing number of reports are surfacing, and still people don't listen. In 5 years time when everyone is walking around in a zombie-like state waving a "Freedom-Pass" (could a more oxymoronic name be used?) in the same way lepers used to ring bells, they still won't listen.

I get it, people are dying from COVID, but what kind of post-COVID, joyless, bleak, zombie existence are you working towards?

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people

Next article in this thread: Re: National League N&S declared null and void by Balders22/2 12:11Mon Feb 22 12:11:15 2021

Previous thread: Where are they now - Furlough edition by Chet Manley8/3 18:53Mon Mar 8 18:53:17 2021view thread