ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Match Thread - Newport (a) by WASPToday 09:29Today at 09:29:47view thread

Oldest article: Buying a ticket (ST holder) by Eazy29/11/2020 13:29Sun Nov 29 13:29:16 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: University Questionnaires for Stevenage FC fans by Ed House16/2 12:44Tue Feb 16 12:44:22 2021view thread

Re: Walsall match thread

By AgentEves21/2 23:53Sun Feb 21 23:53:26 2021In response to Re: Walsall match thread

Views: 212

I'm not stubborn ;)

In all seriousness, some of the things people post on here just make absolutely no sense, and it just winds me up. Even though it shouldn't. I'm all for people having an opinion, and I enjoy debating it. But when people say that someone is good just because that's their opinion, there's no way to debate/discuss it. So if there's no way to discuss it, then what's the point in putting it on a message board? And then there are the other posts which, in my opinion, make no sense. Such as the idea that we brought a centre back on as an attacking defender. It's just devoid of all understanding of football. If Martin came on at left back, then fine (although I'd still argue he's no more attacking than Coker is), but he didn't. He played centre back, so therefore it makes no sense.

So yeah, I can be stubborn, but generally it's because I feel very strongly the opposite of what some people post. I try to admit when I have been wrong, I just don't consider someone having 2 good games as proving me wrong. It takes a little longer than that. I also like to think that I get it right more often than I get it wrong. It just usually takes some time (either way) for that to become clear (whether that's me being right, or being wrong).

I think I just need to learn to stop engaging with posts which I think are so far from my opinion that there's never going to be a middle ground. People are entitled to their opinion, and I should probably stop trying to prove everyone wrong.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Walsall match thread by Freemo22/2 09:12Mon Feb 22 09:12:09 2021

Previous thread: Newport by Copeysaurus21/2 21:04Sun Feb 21 21:04:45 2021view thread