Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: New Kit by PaulioYesterday 10:47Yesterday at 10:47:03view thread

Oldest article: Crusaders by Sev23/1 13:25Sat Jan 23 13:25:58 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: University Questionnaires for Stevenage FC fans by Ed House16/2 12:44Tue Feb 16 12:44:22 2021view thread

Re: WARNING: DO NOT READ IF NOT AGENTEVES

By jayess22/2 22:10Mon Feb 22 22:10:12 2021In response to Re: WARNING: DO NOT READ IF NOT AGENTEVES

Views: 434

Right, I would much sooner read your posts than most on here because (a they are well written and b) well reasoned (usually) even if I don't agree with them. Just lighten up a little.
You labelled my post Moronic after the Crawley game because I chose to illustrate my contention that Wildin and Coker are at least adequate by pointing out that our defensive record is up there with the best in this league.
Consequently, as they form 50% of our back four (and have actually played more games than any other outfield players this season) that is reasonable prima facie evidence that they are up to it.
Your opinion is...an opinion. Our goals against column is a fact, and what's more has largely been achieved without the 90 minute Farman heroics that characterised most of last season's clean sheets.
Now I'm aware that it isn't quite as simple as that, but moronic? I accept your apology when offered.
On to Norris. No, he isn't the next Morison or Godden, but he has a pretty sound pedigree at this level, with a reasonable goal return at Swindon and Colchester. And he offers something different.
Watch the highlights from the Crawley game and you will see he created our best two chances. At Bolton his near post back header would have brought a goal if the player behind him had gambled.
He is limited, but management new what they were signing, so cut him a little slack. Plan A (Newton) has had all season to work. The result is one moment of magic...and it's almost March.
What else are you wrong about? Pett average? No, he's better than that. He and Lines are comfortably our best centre midfield pairing, even if the latter looked like he had his boots on the wrong feet on Saturday.
Life is looking up. Osborne's return means we no longer have to pretend that List and Carter are wingers, and I'm actually looking forward to matches again instead of wondering whether to record them in case I have trouble sleeping later.
And keep on posting. Just leave the M word at home.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Walsall Match Thread by AgentEves22/2 23:02Mon Feb 22 23:02:59 2021

Previous thread: Newport by Copeysaurus21/2 21:04Sun Feb 21 21:04:45 2021view thread