ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: This concert / club nite thing by Chet ManleyToday 23:37Today at 23:37:11view thread

Oldest article: Match thread by BasingstokeBoro26/12/2020 14:05Sat Dec 26 14:05:02 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: BoroGuide Match Preview: FGRrrrrrr (H) by Pete2/3 09:46Tue Mar 2 09:46:52 2021view thread

Re: Match Thread - Newport (a)

By AgentEves27/2 18:02Sat Feb 27 18:02:34 2021In response to Re: Match Thread - Newport (a)

Views: 699

Youre right, it's the 0-0s that are brutal. I'd rather a 1-0 win against Crawley followed by a 0-1 loss to Bolton. I actually think our hand was forced in the Walsall game because of the early goal, otherwise that would probably have been another 0-0 too.

Grinding out 0-0s is for when you've tried to play a little more expensive and have had no luck doing so. It seems that we started the season with the game plan of grinding it out (with the odd exception), likely because of how shit last season was. But I the management should have done a better job of trying to dispel the bad mentality from last year, especially since the majority of the squad was new. Instead, the Barrow game has set the tone for much of what we have seen this season.

Look, if we finish above the relegation zone, it's an improvement from last year. And as long as we see improvement year over year, it's difficult to complain too much. I just hate settling for mediocrity. We used to be a club that tried to be better than that. Now we are just another Morecambe, Crawley, etc. A team that no-one gives a fuck about, including our own fans half the time.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Match Thread - Newport (a) by Sev27/2 18:52Sat Feb 27 18:52:35 2021

Previous thread: WATN Manager Edition by Hitchin Callling28/2 17:38Sun Feb 28 17:38:49 2021view thread