ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Season ticket gestures of goodwill by SevToday 21:52Today at 21:52:04view thread

Oldest article: Match thread by BasingstokeBoro26/12/2020 14:05Sat Dec 26 14:05:02 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Roles and Hector-Ingram by Chet Manley9/3 18:44Tue Mar 9 18:44:14 2021view thread

Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A)

By AgentEves9/3 21:14Tue Mar 9 21:14:17 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A)

Views: 630

Luther is very inconsistent. I have turned the corner on him as a player, to some degree. I think he can be great going forward. There are games where he drives inside well, and games where he gets a lot of decent crosses into the box. Tonight wasn't one of those nights, and was coupled with him making a few mistakes. Given the way he plays, I feel like he is one of the players who would benefit from not playing 90 mins twice per week, and it could be that his below-par performances are down to tiredness. I'm not making excuses - he still has a lot of improving to do - but I think he is definitely capable. I still stand by the fact that I think he'd be far more useful as a right winger than a right back, and right wing back could well he his best position.

I thought Read looked like a player who hasn't played in weeks. I'm not sure why he has sat on the bench and hasn't played a single minute recently, after being one of our better players. I understand why he might not be starting, but you can't sit a player on the bench for the entire game for 4/5 games in a row, then dump him in for 90 mins and expect him to play well.

Playing on the counter attack, and being happy to give up so much possession, required a better final ball. We just didn't have it tonight. I think we severely missed List up front, because his speed gets him into positions where he can cause problems and he often recovers poor final passes. He is also completely ineffectual on the wing.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) by Bankerbob9/3 23:04Tue Mar 9 23:04:42 2021

Previous thread: 0-0 Record/defence by NPHBoro10/3 05:05Wed Mar 10 05:05:48 2021view thread