Looking at the table after tonight’s 0-0 all but confirms our place in the EFL for next season. Win Saturday and I think that’s it!
Just a post to discuss this season and how well the team have done, not only to survive, but to climb the table with some impressive results.
A massive well done to the management staff... Let’s be honest coming into this season, we were probably one of the most challenging clubs to manage after last season. Signed a group which could compete in both divisions, but we very clear by October that a lot of the players we had just weren’t good enough. The recruitment in January IMO was superb. Brought players to the club who have tasted success in recently in the division, Chris Lines to be exact, with other top level players such as Joe Martin and shipped the lads out who joined at the start. Wilkins joined and within weeks we were showing progress. Made us hard to beat (which has been a constant theme this season) and the team started to play with an identity. Along with this, showed belief in the players to start winning games.
This season IMO was all about staying up and building the start of a team at the club to hopefully kick on in the next few seasons and see us enjoying some successful football at Boro. I think we’re on track.
Win Saturday, 16 points clear, 45 points on the board, I think we’re there for next season. Something which I’m proud to say, because back in November that’s something we weren’t sure we’d be able to say!
Edited by Boromatt at 22:14:38 on 9th March 2021
Next article in this thread: Re: Well done! by Hitchin Callling10/3 14:03Wed Mar 10 14:03:35 2021
- Well done! by Boromatt9/3 22:12Tue Mar 9 22:12:21 2021 8 peopleview thread
- Re: Well done! by Hitchin Callling10/3 14:03Wed Mar 10 14:03:35 2021 2 people
- Re: Well done! by Pete10/3 08:35Wed Mar 10 08:35:12 2021
- Re: Well done! by Boromatt10/3 09:19Wed Mar 10 09:19:52 2021 4 people
- Re: Well done! by SFCfox10/3 09:28Wed Mar 10 09:28:06 2021
- Re: Well done! by Freemo10/3 11:24Wed Mar 10 11:24:19 2021 2 people