ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Jamie Cumming by Chet ManleyToday 00:04Today at 00:04:18view thread

Oldest article: Do you think our current squad would win Conferenc… by Rotterdamboro23/12/2020 15:46Wed Dec 23 15:46:28 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Matchday Thread - Southend (a) by Sev13/3 15:14Sat Mar 13 15:14:59 2021view thread

Worrying times

By jayess13/3 12:03Sat Mar 13 12:03:54 2021

Views: 1020

For those of us convinced that (1) Brexit is the greatest political con trick in post-War history and (2) appointing Revs as manager was the worst example yet of Phil shooting himself in the foot, life is tough right now.

On the one hand we are leaving our European neighbours standing when it comes to rolling out the Covid vaccination programme. And if that isn't hard enough to take, we are seven games unbeaten.

At least there was some light (or should that be dark) at the end of the pessimist's tunnel in terms of team selection at Leyton Orient. Namely:

1. Surely List has done enough to prove that he should always play as a central striker (off the shoulder of the last defender). Which means that
2. Newton and Norris should never play together if it means sticking List out wide.
I would add (perhaps the most contentious) that
3. Read is more liability than asset.
Earlier this season I was a lukewarm fan. But the more I've seen of him the more frustrating his lack of any kind of killer pass becomes. It is almost always sideways or back.
Pett's ability to turn past defenders showed he was in a different class on Wednesday.
Hopefully Lines will be fit to resume his partnership with Pett today. If not, it's time to get the Roles out of the garage.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Worrying times by Bankerbob13/3 17:14Sat Mar 13 17:14:15 2021

Previous thread: BoroGuide Match Preview: Southend (A) by Pete13/3 08:25Sat Mar 13 08:25:59 2021view thread