ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Season ticket gestures of goodwill by Chet ManleyToday 20:56Today at 20:56:06view thread

Oldest article: Match thread by BasingstokeBoro26/12/2020 14:05Sat Dec 26 14:05:02 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Difficult to judge against 10 men by Balders20/3 18:54Sat Mar 20 18:54:17 2021view thread

Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season

By AgentEves17/3 21:12Wed Mar 17 21:12:06 2021In response to Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season

Views: 699

The jury is still out on Revs, for me. I can't help feeling like he is a more cautious/defensive minded manager and that we will always see the team set up with the primary objective being not to concede. I also have question marks on what he considers a decent striker. If List is played on the wing for any of our remaining games, I think I will probably be firmly moved into the "he's a shit manager" camp.

I simply can't agree that the team is shit, though. It's just not true. We aren't top-of-the league quality, but we certainly aren't shit. We have some weak links, and our strength outside our starting 11 isn't great, but there are a few decent players in there, and some very good ones. Cuthbert and TVC is an excellent L2 CB partnership. List is good for 15-20 goals a season if he is played up front consistently. Pett is top-end League Two quality. Wildin would make an excellent League Two winger. I also think Osborne will become a quality player for us, whether that's as a wide-playmaker or in the middle. We need to fill in the gaps (full backs, left wing) and add another hard-working pressing forward (so we aren't so reliant on Newton playing 90 mins every game) as well as a combative midfielder to replace Vincelot. But the foundations are there for us to push on next season. We just need to be more ambitious.

My only question mark is whether Revs is the man to push us forward, or if he is going to continue with the 'we are a small team and should be happy with a point' mentality. I think if we start next season with a negative approach to games, I will lose faith in Revs pretty quickly, and I suspect many others will too.

Edited by AgentEves at 21:13:13 on 17th March 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season by BuccyPrague18/3 15:12Thu Mar 18 15:12:15 2021

Previous thread: POTS so far? by Copeysaurus22/3 09:57Mon Mar 22 09:57:53 2021view thread