ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The Gary Smith era by Ratman46Today 08:35Today at 08:35:57view thread

Oldest article: Ian Holloway by Balders23/12/2020 10:03Wed Dec 23 10:03:19 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Difficult to judge against 10 men by Balders20/3 18:54Sat Mar 20 18:54:17 2021view thread

Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season

By AgentEves18/3 17:19Thu Mar 18 17:19:32 2021In response to Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season

Views: 476

"Look at this season. Up until January / February we were shit."

I have. I literally talked about it in my original post. Things turned around after the 4-0 loss to Carlisle. In the 19 games since then, we have only lost 3 times. I'm not glossing over us being shit, there are facts that prove we are not.

Again, as per my original post, if our form from those 19 games had been the same all season, we would be 7th. And, if we had turned 1/4 of our draws into wins by going for it (off-set by 1/4 of our draws ending in losses where going for it doesn't pay off) we would have an additional 4pts which would put us 3rd.

Our form over the last 19 games isn't gloss. It's fact.

I don't like the 0-0 draws. I'm also frustrated with Revs and I do have question marks over his ability. I am closer to thinking he's shit than I am to thinking he's good. I am almost certain that our turn in form and results is down to Wilkins and that we have been playing better in spite of Revs, not because of him. But there's nothing to prove that. It's pure speculation based on the fact that we were playing badly before Wilkins came in, and we haven't been playing badly since.

I'm not happy with what's on display at the moment, overall. Like I said, I'm frustrated with how negative we are. We should be trying to win more of the games where we seemingly are happy with a draw. But my point was that things are better than they were last season and at the start of this season. The results don't lie. I also went on to say that we need to see more next season, and we need to be less negative. So, honestly, I'm not sure what you're arguing about.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season by BuccyPrague18/3 18:04Thu Mar 18 18:04:05 2021

Previous thread: POTS so far? by Copeysaurus22/3 09:57Mon Mar 22 09:57:53 2021view thread