ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The Gary Smith era by SFCfoxToday 10:02Today at 10:02:04view thread

Oldest article: Ian Holloway by Balders23/12/2020 10:03Wed Dec 23 10:03:19 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Difficult to judge against 10 men by Balders20/3 18:54Sat Mar 20 18:54:17 2021view thread

Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season

By AgentEves18/3 18:42Thu Mar 18 18:42:39 2021In response to Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season

Views: 474

We have lost 3 games out of 19. There's no 'if' about that.

You're also missing the point. We were capable of producing the results over the last 19 games, so it isn't outrageous to suggest that we could have produced similar results for the first 17 games as well. We haven't added that many new players. Norris is a downgrade from Newton. Martin has barely played. Neither have the loanees. The only addition that has featured regularly and improved the team is Lines, and our form had already turned a corner before he joined.

It's not like I'm saying "if we won more games, we'd be in a better position!" or even "we have won 6 in a row, if we had done that all season, we'd be top!" Clearly this team is capable of putting together results that are good enough for 7th, because we have produced those results for over 50% of this season. 19 games is a long enough stretch to suggest that our results are more than a temporary uptick in form.

Being content with our results over those 19 games isn't fake hope. Our results are fact. Losing 3 games out of 19 is legitimately good form. We have the 6th best results over that period since December 12th.

We need to add a few more players, agreed. I made that point originally. But the core of the squad is competent enough, and just needs to be supplemented. The players aren't shit. They're just not. You saying they are is just you being a negative Nancy.

I'm not sold on Revs, as I've clearly pointed out. Every negative setup edges me closer to writing him off completely. But Wilkins is clearly a positive influence and maybe, just maybe, his influence will help Revs turn a corner and not be so negative.

Our objective this season was to not repeat last season. We haven't repeated last season. Now we need to push on. Hopefully Revs soon realises that we are better than defending 0-0s every week and our results will improve even further.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Our Mentality / Moving into Next Season by Chet Manley18/3 18:59Thu Mar 18 18:59:00 2021

Previous thread: POTS so far? by Copeysaurus22/3 09:57Mon Mar 22 09:57:53 2021view thread