Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Borofives? by PaulioYesterday 19:05Yesterday at 19:05:25view thread

Oldest article: BoroGuide Match Preview: Grimblesby Town (A) by Pete29/1 14:28Fri Jan 29 14:28:11 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Vacancy for SLO by Balders26/4 13:04Mon Apr 26 13:04:18 2021view thread

Re: Match thread - Cambridge (A)

By AgentEves24/4 19:04Sat Apr 24 19:04:59 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Cambridge (A)

Views: 834

The point that we were bottom 3 when we signed him is a fair one. We likely didn't have any better options at the time.

But now we're not bottom 3 anymore, we need to be trying to find players who are better than Norris, to take us to the next level. Either in attitude, in ability, or preferably both. Obviously I realise those players don't grow on trees, but that doesn't mean we should just settle for average and shouldn't still strive for improvement.

Like I say, his ability isn't really my biggest issue. He is fine as a player. It's just the way he comes across. He just isn't the sort of player I enjoy having in the team I support. If he scores 30 goals next season, then great. I'd be pleased because it would likely propell us into a promotion spot. But I still wouldn't like him. I'd just find it easier to tolerate him.

It's like Grealish. He's clearly very talented, but he just seems like a total tosser, so it makes it really difficult to cheer for him. If he scores the World Cup winning goal for England then obviously I'd be pleased, but it wouldn't make me like him and enjoy cheering for him. Same with Wayne Rooney. I just find it hard to cheer for players that seem like twats.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Match thread - Cambridge (A) by jayess24/4 19:45Sat Apr 24 19:45:49 2021

Previous thread: Squad for 2021-22 by worrier12/4 12:48Mon Apr 12 12:48:59 2021view thread