Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Danny Newton - My Greatest Moment In Sport (Co… by Stevenage FC InterviewsToday 01:22Today at 01:22:49view thread

Oldest article: Exeter by Rotterdamboro26/1 20:03Tue Jan 26 20:03:06 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tunbridge by Hitchin Callling20/7 14:06Tue Jul 20 14:06:14 2021view thread

Re: New sponsor and Human Rights

By Taz4/7 06:14Sun Jul 4 06:14:38 2021In response to Re: New sponsor and Human Rights

Views: 2306

And this is the whole point of my question.

Kneeling, rainbow flags, social media profiles, it's all easy to do. In fact, it's socially unacceptable not to support to these things. But, when there's something of substance, something that might actually result in a sacrifice, something that may make us unpopular, we ignore it.

The sad reality is that by ignoring things when it means sacrifice, it shows that the things that don't require sacrifice are just show.

Take a knee for equality, but don't call out sponsors for shitty human rights and genocide.

The thing that angers me most about this is that if racism is ever socially acceptable again companies will jump right on it, simply because it's socially acceptable. If we're prepared to accept slavery and genocide, we're prepared to accept pretty much anything.

Unless we, as consumers, and people/companies stop taking money and profiting from slavery take a stand it's just pandering to the masses. It's not actually changing anything. It's nothing but politics. It's a marketing plan to bring in sales. And this pisses me off.

Am I really the only one really pissed off at this?

Edited by Taz at 06:15:23 on 4th July 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: New sponsor and Human Rights by Freemo3/7 21:39Sat Jul 3 21:39:17 2021

Previous thread: PSF - Ipswich (a) by Chuds16/7 14:38Fri Jul 16 14:38:53 2021view thread