Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: John Coleman or Steve Evans? by Rob SBFCYesterday 21:05Yesterday at 21:05:28view thread

Oldest article: Cheltenham prediction by Bragbury10620/4 09:06Tue Apr 20 09:06:57 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tunbridge by Hitchin Callling20/7 14:06Tue Jul 20 14:06:14 2021view thread

Re: New sponsor and Human Rights

By Sev4/7 22:04Sun Jul 4 22:04:22 2021In response to Re: New sponsor and Human Rights

Views: 2586

Won't particularly care. This is an area where it is virtually impossible not to be a hypocrite.

I don't get involved with actively promoting all these social media gimmicks because like you I think it's hypocrisy. I'll go along with them so not to be attacked by the ones who think doing that is enough to make them a good person but I don't believe it'll change anything.

Like the vast majority I am clearly not willing to give up my first world privilege to actually make a change to the world. I was born into my fortunate circumstances (in a rich country with everything you could want if you work for it) and I don't have aspirations to change the world.

I give a bit to charity, main one WaterAid as I believe water is the most basic human right (second to air) and can't believe people still don't have access to it. But even that pisses me off as I know about half of what I give just pays for advertising and wages of first world country people.

Amazon seem to have a reasonable human rights policy. So the thought is there just like those who display a rainbow or take a knee (as examples) A gesture, that's all society requires, right?

https://sustainability.aboutamazon.com/people/human-rights?workerCount=true&engagementProgram=true&productCategory=true

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: New sponsor and Human Rights by Handyandy15/7 12:40Mon Jul 5 12:40:28 2021

Previous thread: PSF - Ipswich (a) by Chuds16/7 14:38Fri Jul 16 14:38:53 2021view thread