Borochat

Proud sponsors of The Next Boro Manager & Shianne Swarres

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: GAME OFF by Ratman46Today 06:37Today at 06:37:38view thread

Oldest article: Anang by Fatman---117/8 21:14Tue Aug 17 21:14:21 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sacked by Stevenage fan20/10 12:14Wed Oct 20 12:14:07 2021view thread

Re: Match thread. Losing 1-0

By AgentEves18/9 22:41Sat Sep 18 22:41:44 2021In response to Re: Match thread. Losing 1-0

Views: 451

"We started last season poorly and turned it around so he has some credit for that."

Wilkins coming in and things completely transforming was prob just a coincidence.

"You’d have to be a fool to not see that things aren’t working"

Yep. And yet Revs is just banging the same drum over, and over, and over, expecting different results.

"I think some of the early season performances were decent and showed promise"

We scraped past Barrow who are 15th and beat Bristol Rovers who are 3rd bottom. I'd also argue that the warning signs that we would be very vulnerable down the wings were there even after the Barrow game.

"Today was really bad, but I would like to see how react over the coming games."

Why do you think it will be any different to our reaction in the games after getting bummed by Bradford?

"If there was to be a change in the management team, who would you like to see come in ( assuming that Wilkins would not want to take on the role)?"

Off the top of my head, I don't know. I think someone who's overachieving with a Conference team (maybe someone who has taken their team as far as they can go) or maybe we should look abroad and see what's going on there. MK Dons just hired an English guy from some team in Belgium. And Notts County hired Ian Burchnall from some team in Norway. It isn't really my job to find a replacement, and just because you, me, or anyone else on Borochat doesn't know a manager off the top of their head doesn't mean we should continue to flog a dead horse. I'm gonna do some research though, cos I'm sure there's plenty of options about.

I'm sorry to pick apart your post, but I just think the blind persistence with Revs is infuriating. There is nothing to suggest he can turn it around, and he basically admitted today that he has no idea how to change things. I just dont see why we should continue with it when it's clearly not working, and arguably never has worked.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Match thread. Losing 1-0 by Jonnym818/9 22:59Sat Sep 18 22:59:34 2021

Previous thread: The proper answer by Paulio20/10 14:11Wed Oct 20 14:11:21 2021view thread