BOROCHAT

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Alex Revell - convince me... by BedsBoroToday 09:59Today at 09:59:12view thread

Oldest article: Barnsley by RockyBottom13/1 19:48Sat Jan 13 19:48:47 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: List by haribo13/2 22:20Tue Feb 13 22:20:46 2024view thread

Reality check here...

By Northstandbloke11/2 09:52Sun Feb 11 09:52:08 2024In response to Re: Has Big Steve taken us as far as he can?

Views: 1128

Whilst I cannot agree with the point that's been made here I do think that there some hard thinking can't be avoided.The objective of every footy team and its executives has to be how far can we go. With our ground and fan base today it would be unrealistic to think that we could survive in the Championship. Yes, small teams have done it but mountains of cash would have to go alongside to pay for suitable players and managers and this brings me to my central point. If the objective of getting into the Championship let alone doing well doesn't stand up to reality then what manager will want to work with us,.

Steve Evans is ambitious, he, I'm sure ,wants to take us as far as he can but I'm certain that the one reasons that will take him elsewhere will be our limitations. It's the same with new players, The problem is not with Steve but with Phil Wallace, what to do?The extension of the Lamex is both contentious and expensive, finding and building a new stadium is an very unlikely option given the perception of the Local Authorities attitude to such an idea and the cost , well ....

Maybe a tacit acceptance that we might have to yoyo up and down into and out of the Championship until land and money comes available. Sorry to be such a party pooper but sometimes hard decisions have to be considered.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Reality check here... by Tucks11/2 16:13Sun Feb 11 16:13:53 2024

Previous thread: Probably nothing but was wondering by StirlingBoro9113/2 17:08Tue Feb 13 17:08:33 2024view thread