BOROCHAT

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: 95-96 by BaldersYesterday 18:49Yesterday at 18:49:55view thread

Oldest article: Barnsley by RockyBottom13/1 19:48Sat Jan 13 19:48:47 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: P.Wallace by PuddingPigs17/4 19:40Wed Apr 17 19:40:45 2024view thread

Re: Evans gone. Official.

By AgentEves17/4 13:13Wed Apr 17 13:13:47 2024In response to Evans gone. Official.

Views: 1950

I don't actually think this is the worst.

I know I have been pretty negative towards Steve in general, but hear me out...

We have grown massively over the last two seasons. Obviously, Steve and his staff have been the ones to take us from the absolute shit, to where we are now, but that hasn't been without the negatives.

I fully, fully appreciate what Steve has done to turn the club around, but I absolutely will not miss all the bullshit antics that come with it.

Hopefully the last two seasons have shown that this club does have some potential, given how well our crowds have improved with some sustained success, and we are in a pretty good position to recruit a good calibre manager who can stabilize us in League One.

Now is the time for someone who has a track record of stability with a smaller club, and not the time for a gamble. Hopefully Phil has learned that going out and getting the best person available worked with the appointment of Steve, and that saving money on the manager recruitment isn't the strategy for success.

I feel cautiously optimistic that we can take all the momentum of the last two years, find a manager that can keep us competitive in this division, and enjoy success without the bullshit.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Evans gone. Official. by SFC Jonny17/4 13:31Wed Apr 17 13:31:45 2024

Previous thread: Plastic by samborough17/4 22:59Wed Apr 17 22:59:41 2024view thread