ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat
Mitchell Cole Tournament - 18th May

Return to front page

Newest article: FA Trophy Final by RobW SFCToday 16:00Today at 16:00:43view thread

Oldest article: History by Rob SBFC22/12/2018 22:49Sat Dec 22 22:49:16 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: My view on recent form"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: My view on recent form

By Sev7/1 20:58Mon Jan 7 20:58:48 2019In response to My view on recent form

Views: 816

Some good points. About changing your team to counteract the opposition... some managers believe you focus on yourself and own strengths and let the other team change to adapt to you.

I'm not sure where I stand. I think I would like to adapt my team to use our strengths rather than try to come in the opposition. Subtle difference.

So if you know the opposition has a slow right back, you play a quick winger. Or if they play long ball you stick some big header winning players on.

But equally if you've got better players, you play them and let the opposition change their team to try and stop you.

I'm certainly frustrated at the lack of width, lack of defensive protection down the wings and the slow midfield. We just don't create anything exciting because it's slow predictable play. Only when someone lile Newton gets the ball and runs at players is it exciting. But then no one is backing him up to pick up the ball when he gets tackled, they're sitting 30 yards back.

Same with Wildin. When he runs forward it's exciting and quick. But he will a lot of the time get tackled. If you have someone 10 yards behind him, they'd pick up the loose ball and continue the attack. But there's no one around. So the other team pick up the ball and attack us.