ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Jerome Okimo by TucksToday 07:42Today at 07:42:56view thread

Oldest article: WATN Goalkeeping Coach Special by Old Town Boro14/9 16:03Sat Sep 14 16:03:01 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Match Thread"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Match Thread

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)19/10 22:12Sat Oct 19 22:12:51 2019In response to Re: Match Thread

Views: 725

It all changed when I shouted "Just pass the fucking ball".

That was precisely when we started trying to pass the fucking ball, and dominated the last 15. Don't know why Sampson didn't say that, what with his coaching badges and everything.

CMS was good, right call to sub Cowley.

I'd have also bought Byrom on for Timlin or Watts to try and get some decent passes going and hold onto the ball better. (Assuming Parrett wasn't fit enough to come on, I can't see any other reason why we didn't introduce him).

Good to see TVC back, looked really good.

Denton was ignored first 15-20, everything was down the other side, but when he did get the ball he tried to do things, one of his best performances going forward. Although even he annoyed me twice when he played a short pass to CMS who then returned it to complete the 1-2 only to find Denton had stopped, so wasn't where the ball was played.

Guthrie, despite not winning much in the air was very good when he got the ball down, great feet. Thought he'd missed the penalty, luckily right side of the post.

Woeful defending for their goal, time and time again we failed to close down their wide players and they got balls across the six yard line or crosses in.

In truth the first 75 was extremely poor, treated the ball like a grenade, everyone just got rid. Except Carter who tried to carry it but almost always lost it.

Timlin has the first touch of a trampoline, anything more than a slow pass and it just bounces off him. Always chasing the action, doesn't read the play and get into position, he reacts to the play. His only saving grace is that he can tackle and has a decent engine.

We never kept players wide enough, on that pitch we should have got Denton running on the wing far more.

Superb one handed reaction save from Farman kept us in the game.

Ref was clueless, he was guessing half the time. We got decisions that were never fouls, so did Vale. Not often both sets of fans slate the ref.

And the all day breakfast was poor, but that's Sev's fault, not Sampson's.

The positive is that we'd have probably lost that earlier in the season, and we finished very strongly.