ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ticket Pricing by PaulioToday 07:30Today at 07:30:24view thread

Oldest article: Oh well... by RockyBottom7/3 16:35Sat Mar 7 16:35:56 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Where did it go wrong ? "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Where did it go wrong ?

By peanut9/3 16:04Mon Mar 9 16:04:42 2020In response to Re: Where did it go wrong ?

Views: 550

I don't see how Wallace or Alex T can get slated for the commercial side of things when, as Thora said, they've built a pretty impressive club off the pitch (although as we know, that's ultimately not important when the team is diabolically bad on it) and have set the club up to avoid the situations that Bury, Macclesfield etc find themselves in. You'd probably struggle to find many other clubs in League 1 or League 2 that offer as many activities and incentives to the community. Unfortunately, the town seems be either too apathetic or too wedded to Spurs/Arsenal etc to take advantage of it which is why attendances haven't grown. Yes, the football does also play a part but I would hardly describe their attitude to fans as shit, quite the opposite in fact.

It's obvious the issue is on the pitch and that side of things does come down to Wallace to a degree, because he appointed and continues to employ Leon Hunter. He clearly doesn't have scooby - i know being booted out of Forest is nothing new but the alarm bells should have been ringing when he only lasted a few months. I remember seeing a list of the players we've brought in during his time a few weeks ago and it was shambolic and that comes down to him and him alone.

I'd also be very surprised if, as the football 'expert' within the club, he isn't involved in appointing managers but i couldn't say that for sure. If he is then he's doubly liable. With the Wilmot money and income from the stand we had a real opportunity to buy some quality players (for this level) with resale potential. All we seem to have done is recruit anyone who's available for fairly cheap for a number of seasons which is ultimately why we are on the verge of getting relegated

Looking into this too deep is pointless, it comes down to recruitment of players and managers and whoever is responsible for that shouldn't be here next season (but probably will be)