Borochat

Proud sponsors of Paul Tisdale & Shianne Swarres

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Youeevilll prediction by BankerbobToday 15:57Today at 15:57:51view thread

Oldest article: North-stand bar by Bragbury10622/8 14:14Sun Aug 22 14:14:56 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Is Revs the one? "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Is Revs the one?

By Boromatt19/9 14:33Sun Sep 19 14:33:07 2021

Views: 955

Very disappointing afternoon yesterday. That was one of our worst performances for a long long time and to see us back 21st place after 8 games (yes it’s still early) is very frustrating.

I’ve been mentioning on here for quite a few weeks about the fact that we have been an easy team to play against. We’ve missed that strong foundation which we had at the back end of last season, difficult to play against and therefore picked up many good results, with some good stats to show. This season it just seems we’ve ignored all of that and have adopted a new style of play. A style of play which after the recent results suggests it isn’t working and there needs to be a change in the teams set up.

1. I watch the highlights every week in League Two and the amount of goals that are scored from crosses into the box is abundant. I look at a lot of the goals we’ve conceded this season and quite a few from memory have been from crosses into the box. But yet, we leave our flanks isolated to play this new system. We have some really talented players, but play with hardly any width at times.

2. I think teams have also sussed us on how we play out from the back. The last two games I’ve seen us pressured immensely and we’ve given the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas, just like yesterday. To me there doesn’t seem to be a plan B and it’s like we’re only trying to play one way at the moment.

The penultimate question, is Revs the man for the job? Yesterday was appalling, however, I don’t think our situation is as bad as feared. We have some really good players, something which we haven’t had in the past. I believe there is good enough players at the club to see us mid table/above. It’s just the tactics IMO. I do believe Revs can turn this around, but only with finding other ways to play rather than the same style, BUT, he has to make us hard to beat, like last season. I would certainly give Revs October and into the winter months, but a win now is even more important to get things back on track.