ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat
Ronnie Henry - 500 not out.

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ilias Chair by WASPToday 17:19Today at 17:19:45view thread

Oldest article: Latest L2 Prediction Comp Table by SA Administrator2/10/2018 21:56Tue Oct 2 21:56:57 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: "He is the type of person that the players wouldn't want to cross." (Who Are Ya?) by Vital Lincoln City7/12/2018 19:12Fri Dec 7 19:12:20 2018view thread

Football was the loser

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)8/12/2018 17:14Sat Dec 8 17:14:41 2018

Views: 1920

Unfortunately the vile cheating tactics of Lincoln and their anti football approach to the game paid off for them.
I take comfort in the fact they are only where they are because of FA cup money, and once they've Spunked that they will free fall back to the Vauxhall conference.

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Football was the loser

By Thora9/12/2018 19:37Sun Dec 9 19:37:28 2018In response to Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 569

There was no football.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By RockyBottom8/12/2018 17:45Sat Dec 8 17:45:56 2018In response to Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1676

It's game managememt though, our players would do the same if we were winning.

You can't get worse than a GW team for it!

Edited by RockyBottom at 17:46:41 on 8th December 2018

1 person likes this 1 person   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)8/12/2018 18:23Sat Dec 8 18:23:38 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1514

They were worse than even us under Westley today. It was horrible to be on the receiving end of it.

Granted we played into their hands with too many Nugent chipped long balls forward, and should have expected it.

Sadly we created virtually nothing, so deserved very little but that doesn't make their anti-football any more tolerable.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Puds (Chuds)8/12/2018 18:30Sat Dec 8 18:30:11 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1488

Strange how memories fade with time...

Nugent is fucking awful.

3 people like this 3 people   

By RockyBottom8/12/2018 21:26Sat Dec 8 21:26:00 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1161

Yeah he is, I made that assessment after 5 mins of seeing him play. Reminds me of Phil Jones of United.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Cruffers8/12/2018 19:18Sat Dec 8 19:18:40 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1339

I agree, he was very poor again today.

By SFCfox8/12/2018 19:20Sat Dec 8 19:20:15 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1338

Defensively he's good, his passing is pants.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)8/12/2018 20:11Sat Dec 8 20:11:03 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1249

Passing?

By Sev8/12/2018 21:34Sat Dec 8 21:34:25 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1132

Could not believe how bad our passing was today. Almost every pass from every player was either under hit by 1 or 2 yards or over-hit by 10 yards. First touches were terrible all round. Passed to the wrong team a dozen times. Worst I've seen us pass this season.

I suspect Lincoln could have beaten us 6-4 if they wanted to play any football. Would've been far more entertaining.

Worst thing was the going ahead early. Completed ruined the prospect of anything remotely ressembling a football match.

By SFCfox8/12/2018 17:39Sat Dec 8 17:39:04 2018In response to Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1588

It's a shame really as they have a lot of quality running through their squad. Good luck to them though, they're a very solid well drilled unit. Very similar to our Boro glory days!

I thought we played alright. Our wingers didn't do enough (take on the full back and get in that fucking area lads! It's Lincoln not Manchester City).

For me, Timlin was MOTM. He was outstanding.

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Puds (Chuds)8/12/2018 18:41Sat Dec 8 18:41:38 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1386

They worked far harder than us too, particularly first half, pressing us whenever we were in possession, whilst we gave them time and space.

Wildin was MOTM, but he needs to shoot on his left when it opens up as it did twice today.

Edited by Chuds at 18:43:31 on 8th December 2018

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)8/12/2018 20:13Sat Dec 8 20:13:35 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1192

Agree re Wildin, excellent all game.

First half they were first everything, first and second balls. Second half we bossed it and looked much more 'in the game' - until the final third.

Still Layth said their keeper made a string of excellent saves, so maybe I missed a few of our shots on target.

By Cruffers8/12/2018 23:19Sat Dec 8 23:19:23 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1020

Pieman wasn’t there. He was at home (ie, at The Emirates).

By Owen9/12/2018 07:00Sun Dec 9 07:00:33 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 910

Not sure that would make his player ratings any less accurate.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Sev8/12/2018 21:36Sat Dec 8 21:36:24 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1089

I remember their keeper pushing a dangerous cross out for a corner but that was all. Don't remember Dieng making a save at all. Both sides hit the side netting once (or maybe twice). Given there was about 110 minutes played it was surprising how little action there was, well not surprising to those who witnessed it.

By Owen8/12/2018 20:16Sat Dec 8 20:16:36 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1185

Nope. I don't believe you did miss that string of saves.

By Tinpot8/12/2018 17:34Sat Dec 8 17:34:47 2018In response to Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1575

What a whining snowflake you are ...thanks for the points ..and kicking 2 of our players off the park and trying to decapitate the keeper ....John Beck appears to have take over the teenage pregnancy capital of the South :-)

10 people dislike this 10 people

By SFCfox8/12/2018 17:39Sat Dec 8 17:39:59 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1549

That's a massive nibble! Good work WASP 😂😂

6 people like this 6 people   

By Rotterdamboro8/12/2018 17:21Sat Dec 8 17:21:02 2018In response to Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1646

Nothing worse than losing to a John Akinde-Penalty penalty. But our long coach journey may have had something to do with it?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 218/12/2018 17:26Sat Dec 8 17:26:15 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1602

Wasn’t it in the Daily Stevenage or the Boroguide to Lincoln or some such that said he was adept at ‘winning’ penalties? All so predictable?

By Threshold8/12/2018 18:39Sat Dec 8 18:39:37 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1397

To coin a very old and well worn phrase, "cheats never prosper".

Well today they managed to even if it was only a well orchestrated penalty which should have given a clue as to the intent yet to come.

Without doubt the worst side I have seen for gamesmanship in many a season which can only be "credited" to the Lincoln Management. Having spent the cup money on the playing squad they then coach them on every aspect of cheating imaginable just to build in a guarantee. Today was one of those days when their opposition attempted to get something going to be stopped by just about every aspect of timewasting you can think of and apart from one player being left to squirm on the floor the referee did his best to collaborate although doubt he knew he was doing it as away with the fairies most of the match.

If it's too late to see them relegated they will have to "do a Luton" and get promoted assuming we don't go up as well this season. They arguably may win some games this year but very few friends.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))9/12/2018 09:25Sun Dec 9 09:25:21 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 866

This post made me laugh

By Jas798/12/2018 19:40Sat Dec 8 19:40:15 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1268

Thing is we did it to level the playing field and hold our own as one of the smallest clubs in the division. They do it even though they have a top 5 budget, crowds to match and some of the best players they could ever need. How bout playing some football lads - you are all paid well enough.

By Sev8/12/2018 19:42Sat Dec 8 19:42:15 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 1237

Cowley isn't good enough. He only knows how to copy Westley from 8 years ago.

Woth the players they've got today could have been a cracking game like the MK Dons games but they weren't interested once they went one up. All about the winning.

By sonicmoose9/12/2018 11:10Sun Dec 9 11:10:00 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 771

They were a very ‘professional’ outfit tbf. Just didn’t let us get going for the first 35 minutes.

I was sat behind Cowley. He spent a lot of his time winding people up (feigning outrage at every challenge, wouldn’t leave the ref/4th official/lino alone) and turning round and smirking at the crowd. Also his drinks break call wasn’t very subtle: he shouted “Toff go down!” about 5 times, then Toffolo went down injured. I’d like to think Westley was a bit sneakier!

By Impimp9/12/2018 12:19Sun Dec 9 12:19:25 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 755

Some balance from an imp....

''Toff go down'' ...Hary Toffolo limped through most of the game and was eventually subbed due to injury.

Lincoln didnt play well yesterday, generally this season we have played much better football. Id rate yesterdays game as the second worst game of football of the season. I think the wind was a factor but players didnt seem to click, or get into it. I dont think it was a management tactic to pass it so badly.

Danny Cowleys touchline enthusiasm and game management approach is close to the line, but the positivity he brings in other areas is unquestionable. And believe it or not some of the football this season has been very easy on the eye.... obviously not yesterday.

Edited by Impimp at 12:22:29 on 9th December 2018

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Sev9/12/2018 17:13Sun Dec 9 17:13:20 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 576

The "eventually subbed due to injury" is another trick.

It wastes more time if the player you are going to sub goes down first and the physio comes on and he has to be subbed due to injury. Even though the decision to sub him has been made some minutes ago. It's another classic way to disrupt the flow of the game.

We used to do it.

One of many thing you do that we used to when we were up against a threatening team and had the lead.

By Puds (Chuds)9/12/2018 17:51Sun Dec 9 17:51:01 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 569

In what way were we a threatening team?

By Sev9/12/2018 18:36Sun Dec 9 18:36:41 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 551

We weren't yesterday but on paper they might have seen us as a threat given we'd beaten MK Dons when they tried to play football. So the approach to win the game was to not try and play football.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)9/12/2018 16:34Sun Dec 9 16:34:17 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 590

If Toff was injured he had plenty of other stoppages when he could have been subbed. Being told to go down at a convenient moment is gamesmanship pure and simple.

What about Andrade going down twice in two minutes?

And the player rolling about clutching his leg who jumped up when he realised he wasn't getting a free kick?

And every throw-in, free-kick and goal-kick pushing time-wasting to the limit.

We used to do it and were vilified for it. Rightly. (Although we didn't moan too much when it delivered us results, it doesn't make it ok).

Shame the ref was so lenient.

Watching that, as an imps fan must be frustrating when you have so many good mobile players who are capable of playing it on the deck where the wind ain't a factor.

It was horrible to watch, and yes, horrible to be on the end of. Last year it was mostly just Rhead being an elbowing injury-feigning cock, yesterday it appeared to be a clear tactic to spoil the game.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)9/12/2018 16:51Sun Dec 9 16:51:11 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 579

They will crash and burn when the FA cup Money fizzles out.

By Puds (Chuds)9/12/2018 11:24Sun Dec 9 11:24:54 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 749

GW didn't have to, we had the same player at the same time every game, it was ingrained in them!

They were absolutely horrendous, with no interest in anything other than slowing everything down and seeing out the 1-0, from the minute Akinde (pen) went down and slotted away the pen (it was a foul, mind) early on. We created nothing all game though and had no obvious plan or tactics going on. Granted nor did they after their goal.

But that is exactly what we used to do, to the same extent, and whilst it frustrates as hell, it works. If their fans accept it and enjoy the results then fair play, if they try to pretend that is not what they are/do, that is hilarious. Like some of ours pretended we didn't do the same.

The thing is they have no need for it. They have some really good players. You aren't going to get better options than Andrade, Frecklington, Pett, Anderson and Akinde all attacking together at this level. And for a ten minute spell when they were actually trying to play they tore us apart with one-touch quick attacking passing. We couldn't get near them, they looked quality.

My main credit to them is, again like us in our prime, their work rate and organisation was top notch. They gave us no time in possession at all and always had at least one player on us, harassing us, forcing us into misplacing our passes all game long. Whereas we have them time and space on the ball, enabling them to pick out passes far more easily. Second half we had a lot more control, but as I said elsewhere, they have played twice in the ten days since we last played so you would expect us to show superior energy levels at the end. Sadly we did nothing with it.

I backed them to be promoted in the summer, nothing I saw yesterday makes me think they won't go up. They did exactly what they came to do and left with a pretty comfortable three points.

By Owen9/12/2018 11:23Sun Dec 9 11:23:43 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 741

I think the issue is that referees are really thick. Of course some managers are going to try this if they can get away with it.

By Puds (Chuds)9/12/2018 11:27Sun Dec 9 11:27:57 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 747

How does an official prevent it or prove it isn't genuine?

So long as he adds on the time it isn't an issue, and like we always said when it was us orchestrating the drinks break, the opposition should use it to have a drink and revisit their tactics at the same time rather than bitching about it.

By Owen9/12/2018 11:53Sun Dec 9 11:53:42 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 729

No, that is true. I think it's just frustrating as a spectator, as it is generally pretty obvious. Yes we used to have drinks breaks, but I don't think we did quite so much play acting.

Your general point is fair, if we were 1st or 2nd in the league we, as fans, probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)9/12/2018 12:01Sun Dec 9 12:01:09 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 729

What annoyed me most -and what Chuds pointed out - was that with the quality of costly players on their team they could have given us a thrashing. They chose to play act to a 1-0 win though. Same 3 points I guess, but a bad sporting spectacle.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)9/12/2018 12:13Sun Dec 9 12:13:56 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 718

To misquote Sev from back when he was still a fresh-faced GateSeven, "as long as we win the manner of the victory is secondary"

Doesn't make it any more palatable to be on the receiving end of such shit-housery.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))9/12/2018 21:10Sun Dec 9 21:10:11 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 483

Appalls me that we were second best at gamesmanship. Dino should be sacked if it ever happens again.

By Sev9/12/2018 21:42Sun Dec 9 21:42:21 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 462

I'm confident if we had gone ahead we'd have given them a taste of their own medicine.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))9/12/2018 23:07Sun Dec 9 23:07:49 2018In response to Re: Football was the loserTop of thread

Views: 451

Amateurish to wait that long. I am disgusted to hear we’ve been done on this (at the home of skullduggery). Funnily enough yesterday was my own personal celebration of negation and nihilism so I try to celebrate with an appropriate activity. I spent the day at home in abject desolation burning my arms, and was annoyed to learn I could’ve had a worse day at Broadhall Way watching Stevenage play Lincoln.

Previous thread: Revell by PotHole898/12/2018 17:29Sat Dec 8 17:29:41 2018view thread