ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Go Big Or Go Home? by AgentEvesToday 00:46Today at 00:46:25view thread

Oldest article: Your guide to Yeovil Town by The Daily Stevenage1/2 19:50Fri Feb 1 19:50:54 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: So people are saying... by RockyBottom11/2 07:53Mon Feb 11 07:53:04 2019view thread

Quick message to everyone

By Boromatt9/2 18:14Sat Feb 9 18:14:32 2019

Views: 2075

Today was shit. The referee was diabolical, ruined the game, sending Dino, Ben and Adebayo off, tough game to take.

Right, about Dino,

People that have the audacity to sit here after today and call for the man to leave, I think your everything that’s wrong with our club. The abuse I heard towards Dino was a disgrace. ARE YOU CRAZY?? WE ARE 9th AND 4 POINTS OFF THE PLAY OFFS. Fucking chill out. We have 47 points are no where near going down, means we’re up for our 10th year in The Football League next season, a great achievement for our football club. I went to every game last season and at the moment every game this season. Last season I saw a team dying on its feet every bloody week. To see the progression from this point last season to now, is credit to the club and Dino for the improvement within the team.

We are a small club, we always have been and for however long before an owner takes over we always will be, that’s the way it is. Every season we get games like today, it’s just the way it is supporting a club like ours. Everyone pays their money and therefore has an opinion, but to call for Dino out, I think is an utter disgrace and you certain Boro fans who did that today should fucking know better.

Also, well done to Scotty Cuthbert for showing passion at the end, a brilliant player and should be leading our team out every game, that’s the only thing I disagree with Dino about.

reply to this article | return to the front page

21 people like this 21 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Quick message to everyone

By Rotterdamboro10/2 12:29Sun Feb 10 12:29:48 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1111

As dire as some of the performances have been I think to get an indication of where we are you have to look back at the bookies’ pre-season odds. Most had us, if my memory is correct, among a group of teams with odds indicating lower mid-table - anything from 12th down to 16th/17th. Therefore looking at the current table would show we are performing above expectation. If we finish top half this season then we will have belied our pre season odds in my opinion. If we tail off over the next 3 months and finish 16th then the bookies will have got it right, as they invariably do.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))10/2 20:54Sun Feb 10 20:54:43 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 762

Very good. Very readable, and enjoying your work as ever with the Woking mafia on confforum. Keep it up dear

By Bragbury10610/2 15:25Sun Feb 10 15:25:26 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 929

i think this is the time to bet on stevenage to reach the play-offs top 7.
look at the play-offs for the league none of the teams above us are consistent.
you only need a team to a put few wins together still have a chance of the first two places.
think i will put a few quid on stevenage for a top 7 place,would pay for drinks and tickets for the play-offs.

if you would asked me last-night when coming back from tranmere i would have said ---- ---.

By Sev9/2 20:56Sat Feb 9 20:56:29 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1563

My main criticisms at the moment are the way we approach some games.

Our fans were giving a lot of abuse to their keeper for what he was doing when they were one up, but failed to notice it was no different to what Farman was doing when we were level.

All our players seem to be trying to slow the game down and as a result there is no tempo or pace in our play. That makes it easy for a good opposition to dominate us. We are no threat when we approach games like that unless the opposition are dogshite.

I don't agree with a lot of decisions and where players are being played.

I realise I don't know what goes on in training and we are in an alright league position and can't afford £1milllion losses like Lincoln so it is hard to compete.

It's just incredibly frustrating watching us when we dont win as it's boring and you feel like they could do a lot better but the team isn't set up to go out and win. I'd rather lose having shown loads of fight, lots of attacking play, having chances etc. I don't mind when we win how we play because we won.

If we play like that v Lincoln and react to decisions like we did today, it could be a bigger scoreline than when we lost to Luton the other season.

Put a run together and we are still within a shout of playoffs and all will be forgotten but at the moment it's not great to watch. Especially when it's cold and you've travelled a long way.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/2 01:43Sun Feb 10 01:43:08 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1295

This is my worry. That we’re not giving it our best shot, especially away from home. Yeah, ok, I get it. We’re 9th. We’re 3 points from hypothetical safety. But has anything really changed over the past 12 months? If we set ourselves up to press teams like Tranmere from the start and take the game to them then yes, we run the risk of getting beaten on the counter. But is that any different to trying to grind out a draw and still losing? Well, yes, because by going out and trying to win from the start gives you, at the very least, the possibility of getting a win.

I fully understand home advantage etc. but 2 shots (none of which are on target) is unacceptable. But neither is it unusual with us.

Edit: and this from Sev perfectly sums it up for me:

“I'd rather lose having shown loads of fight, lots of attacking play, having chances etc. I don't mind when we win how we play because we won. “

I know that some would say they’d take a win over entertainment, but we’re not even playing for the win.

Edited by Geoff Wode at 01:47:16 on 10th February 2019

4 people like this 4 people   

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))10/2 20:57Sun Feb 10 20:57:17 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 729

This thread is a copy from 13 years ago

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/2 21:57Sun Feb 10 21:57:23 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 683

And every year since bar 2009-2011.

By RockyBottom10/2 13:59Sun Feb 10 13:59:19 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 908

That is the argument summed up perfectly.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)10/2 08:37Sun Feb 10 08:37:12 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1118

Agreed comrade.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Ratman4610/2 08:40Sun Feb 10 08:40:45 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1087

And me Comrade

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/2 09:17Sun Feb 10 09:17:52 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1060

Me as well. By the way, I’m not looking for regime change. That’s getting boring. I just want Dino to play more positively and to learn from his mistakes.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Ratman4610/2 10:50Sun Feb 10 10:50:12 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 986

Nope, no change in regime for me as well, not even a year, football is insane now how success has to be instant.

Would like to see on the pitch what Dino says, playing on the front foot, pressing attacking football. We just don't see it.

By Deano (deanos13)10/2 15:52Sun Feb 10 15:52:17 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 856

I get the view. I've said it in commentary.

However. I took off my mic at Port Vale in that bastard snow and said to his nibs 'i ain't doing next week'. I'd had a titful

I haven't said that yet. Because I know we'll win the next one.....

And for those amongst us that agree I'm a Dino bum licker I think it is, I'm not. We've had lots of debates. He doesn't always agree with me. But I'm saying things you guys have said today. He does listen and he will learn from this season. Next season will be the tester for him.

Rotterdam sums it up quite well at the top of this thread.

By Ratman4611/2 08:57Mon Feb 11 08:57:33 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 610

Don't disagree with you. We'll win when not expected and lose when not expected.

Danger is always saying we're going to do one thing but not seeing it on a matchday, thats the one thing that I criticised DS for and to be fair Dino has repeatedly said the same thing about playing on the front foot, attacking etc which we generally don't. I do accept we probably don't have the players to play that way but still.

By wavy9/2 20:04Sat Feb 9 20:04:54 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1538

As a Tranmere fan who has seen Dino on a number of occasions ,I have to agree. Dino is a character who wears his heart on his sleeve. There are too few of them. I enjoy watching his antics.

The ref did not ruin the game. It's a MINIMUM of three minutes added time not three minutes exactly. Nugent should have been off earlier for his assault on Norwood .

As far as I am aware,no other team has had anybody sent off against Tranmere this season

By Boromatt9/2 20:13Sat Feb 9 20:13:03 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1514

What I found a little strange, was into the third minute of injury time we cleared the ball up to the left side near the dugout, a perfect opportunity for the ref to blow but didn’t? There was no need to add another minute on the 3 minutes as the game flowed perfectly through the 3 minutes, so why not blow when the ball was cleared?

Norwood had as much shirt on Nugent as Nugent did on Norwood. Your players tried getting him another yellow because you all knew he was one away from a sending off.

But, good luck for the rest of the season!

Edited by Boromatt at 20:13:52 on 9th February 2019

By wavy10/2 00:34Sun Feb 10 00:34:01 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1209

But the MINIMUM 3 minutes could mean 3 minutes and however many seconds up to 59? You can't show that on the board.

Good luck to you too for the rest of the season

By Boromatt10/2 00:40Sun Feb 10 00:40:17 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1207

It’s very simple, the fourth official puts up 3 minutes, that’s how much time you play, if it goes a little over 3 minutes, that’s fine. But 4 minutes and 22 seconds? (Yes i stopwatched it) That’s taking the piss.

Thanks mate.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Owen10/2 08:26Sun Feb 10 08:26:17 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1099

Minimum means 'minimum', i.e. not less than. I think we're really clutching at straws if we're attaching some blame for a poor performance to a referee adding another 1 minute 22 seconds injury time.

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deano (deanos13)10/2 15:53Sun Feb 10 15:53:33 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 840

But there was no further stoppage according to Steve and Dan.

So hold fuckin 4 up then!!!!

By Sev10/2 21:27Sun Feb 10 21:27:01 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 728

I don't think it helps when Farman is wasting so much time. The ref probably added the extra on for him taking long at goal kicks etc.

The sad thing for me yesterday was that I didn't even bother watching most of the game. I could tell early on we had no intention of trying to force a win, we were never going to score and it was more interesting to go on whatsapp group chat and check on the other games scores. There was no point us being there.

But Rome wasn't built in a day. We go again etc.

And like you say you know we'll win one lose one draw one throughout the season so accept it this season, the first season of change.

By RockyBottom11/2 15:27Mon Feb 11 15:27:37 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 488

Yeah it was clear he was told to slow it down right from the outset. It's like they go into the game being told to play for the draw. Dino's post match comments reflect this.

By Deano (deanos13)10/2 23:14Sun Feb 10 23:14:00 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 636

Your most important sentence there is 'there was no point in us being there'.

That'll hurt him and it hurts me. But its poignant. And I hate it. But I can't argue.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))10/2 22:13Sun Feb 10 22:13:54 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 662

Too busy eating creme eggs at Tranmere

By Sev10/2 22:31Sun Feb 10 22:31:05 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 655

The good old days.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)10/2 10:43Sun Feb 10 10:43:04 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 987

This.

By Jenks839/2 19:33Sat Feb 9 19:33:47 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1561

Hi my first post. Been watching Boro since 1983 when everything was very different. Regularly read the forum and finally decided to register.

Football is all about opinion. I don't agree with everything Matt said but agree with a lot of it. We simply have constraints that mean our realistic ambitions will always be limited. Most of the town supports Arsenal or Spurs and have no interest in Boro. Growing the crowds will be very difficult without playing flowing football. Doesn't really happen in League 2.

But you gotta try and Dino is certainly a Boro man.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)9/2 20:15Sat Feb 9 20:15:54 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1451

It's his being a "Boro man" that is buying him time with a lot of fans.

If he were a cold fish with no affinity to the club I'd wager there'd be more on his back.

We aren't going up or down, give him the summer to offload and strengthen, then for me he gets to November/December to show real improvement, either in style or points, (preferably both but beggars can't be choosers).

By Sev9/2 21:30Sat Feb 9 21:30:45 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1327

It's his league position that is keeping him in a job. Whilst we are in reach of the playoffs you can't really justify a dismissal because you disagree with his decision making or tactics.

Often in the past such as Westley and Sarll I would see their logic and agree with a lot of what they do so would always defend when people twisted things or ridiculed them. I'm finding I disagree with a lot of what I see this season in terms of team selection and positions. And today, the substitutions (but that might not have been Dino as he got himself sent off for shouting at the ref at HT).

We go again. There will be good weeks and bad weeks. This was a bad one.

I want Dino to be a great success and bring back the good old days. There are elements, but after today I think there are two groups.

You've got people like Cuthbert Henry Revell Timlin Byrom, Wildin, Nugent who are professional hard working and loyal. That I'm guessing is why he picks them. He can trust them.

Then I think there's a slightly more free thinking group, more laid back or "fun loving" with their own ideas and these aren't doing the business the way Dino wants.

Then we have lots of loans. Which Dino said he doesn't like but a necessity due to injuries/budget.

If we want to see what he can really do we have to give him more than 9 months. But fans won't wait 3 seasons in this day and age so we never progress.

By SFCfox9/2 22:06Sat Feb 9 22:06:41 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1278

We HAVE to keep the core players this season, i couldn't deal with another year of rebuilding.

Johnny Hunt has to be added to that group, he's been immense recently.

Dino's downfall for me is his lack of flair players. Luton have about 10 surely we could've pinched 1 or 2 on loan.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)10/2 10:41Sun Feb 10 10:41:59 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 981

Flair player you say?

Didn't we have one a couple of weeks ago that everyone said was a luxury we couldn't afford?

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SFCfox10/2 10:49Sun Feb 10 10:49:38 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 956

I presume you mean Kenners?

I was gutted about his departure! Against FGR he was the only player looking to create something. Our rubbish top goalscorer...

Chair looks capable of creating something as does Gibson. I'd like to see Makasi play infront of Joel and Timlin if he is apparently an attacking centre mid.

By Sev9/2 22:48Sat Feb 9 22:48:48 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1214

Yeah Huntys done well since getting back in he side and seems like an obeyer rather than a dissenter.

By Jenks839/2 20:26Sat Feb 9 20:26:15 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1403

Yeah I think that's a fair point

By Boromatt9/2 20:18Sat Feb 9 20:18:57 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1415

I totally agree with this. I think if we can keep the team together and strengthen over the summer, next season could be a very promising 9 months?

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/2 09:20Sun Feb 10 09:20:23 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1032

We should install one of those Domesday clocks, but in reverse, counting up all of our points towards the fabled 50, cos that’s what every season’s success should be based on. We could put it where the scoreboard is.

By chazofazo (Albert Hall)9/2 19:30Sat Feb 9 19:30:33 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1527

Have to say Matt your loyalty to the club is beyond doubt, the way you stick by the team, but I am wondering if Dino has the quality at this level.

This squad should have 8 to 10 more points then we have. If Dino would be a bit more pragmatic away from home, I think we would have those extra points. Playing 4 4 2away from home is fantasy football, very naive and nearly always results in defeats, where a tighter, harder to break down set up, would glean more away draws.

That's my gripe with him. Perhaps we are spoilt with our league position, but some of the football this season has been awful and a real turnoff

By Boromatt9/2 19:49Sat Feb 9 19:49:40 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1458

Thanks big man! Means a lot! My point on Dino is I don’t particularly think the football club has the money to pull in a really experienced, top level manager. Could you imagine if we did take a risk to afford one and it didn’t work out? Would leave the club probably in more debt. His tactics in away games could be better, certainly on bigger pitches at bigger grounds, but when you see Northampton go there on a Tuesday night and end the game with playing 4-3-3 winning 2-1, surely that can work for other sides too? Also considering Northampton we’re missing their two pacey wide players Tuesday also.

By Puds (Chuds)9/2 19:10Sat Feb 9 19:10:19 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1537

There has been absolutely no progression from last season.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By worrier9/2 19:43Sat Feb 9 19:43:50 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1449

Today we had more people sent off than shots on target and corners put together.

By Boromatt9/2 19:15Sat Feb 9 19:15:22 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1520

But you will confirm that we are in a better position in the league with more points at the moment compared to last season at this point?

By Richie Rich C9/2 20:22Sat Feb 9 20:22:23 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1405

Not wishing to get caught in the Puds Matt cross fire , Matt I think usually you make fair points as does Chuds. But I have to take Chuds point here . Look at the teams at the top of the table and compare them to the teams at the top of the same league last year. Simply comparing our position to last year isn’t a true comparison given the league is easily worse this year.

We play with no true pattern of play , what young players are progressing and thriving above natural growth under Dino ? I can name a few who have got worse if pushed as much as it would be unfair to name them

I no longer look forward to away games for the football , I like the craic but might as well go for the road trip and the giggles before and after the game with Ogs and not bother going through the turnstiles for all the fun that that is , never ever felt like that in the last 40 years.

This team and the way they play is absolutely sucking the fun out of football

Rich

5 people like this 5 people   

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/2 09:02Sun Feb 10 09:02:12 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1035

You said ‘craic’. Lol.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)10/2 15:47Sun Feb 10 15:47:15 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 789

I thought he meant Craig. I was trying to work out who he was on about.

By Sonic7410/2 08:26Sun Feb 10 08:26:26 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1063

I no longer look forward to away games for the football

This.

I take my 12 y/o daughter to games, we used to do a couple of away games every season - new grounds, different atmosphere and a great Dad/Daughter bonding time. We have not bothered this year - she just doesn't fancy travelling for hours to see turgid football and then be miserable about it on the way home...

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)10/2 10:46Sun Feb 10 10:46:02 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 997

I have taken my daughter to 8-12 away games a season for years.

I still do.

It's character building.

By Pat (PatJ5)12/2 11:33Tue Feb 12 11:33:05 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 357

And she certainly is a character ;-)

By Ratman4610/2 10:51Sun Feb 10 10:51:19 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 996

Bordering on cruelty that.

By Deano (deanos13)10/2 15:55Sun Feb 10 15:55:49 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 848

That's why she sends tweets to Geoff Doyle.

By Puds (Chuds)9/2 20:46Sat Feb 9 20:46:41 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1343

No crossfire at all from my end.

I disagree with his faux positivity and wish he would take on a more realistic view to things a lot of the time, but you cannot knock his enthusiasm and commitment.

And much of the post cannot be argued with, but I really do not think we are in a more progressive place than a year ago. The football style, the attacking intent, the pace, the entertainment and the enjoyment is worse, IMO, and the crowds are awful. Whilst we might have more quality on paper (which makes it even more infuriating), it is not evident during matches. Many players look worse now than before. Any improvement in terms of league table or points is entirely a result of the league being so poor this season. If our side at this stage last year played our current one, would many be backing the current lot? I don't know.

By Sonic7410/2 08:23Sun Feb 10 08:23:13 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1034

Depends on which version of us was at home - I'd pick that one to win...

By Owen9/2 20:47Sat Feb 9 20:47:51 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1343

That would be a fucking terrible match.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Puds (Chuds)9/2 21:12Sat Feb 9 21:12:14 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1291

Ha! YES.

By Copeysaurus9/2 19:19Sat Feb 9 19:19:15 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1475

League position is irrelevant mate as the outcome will be the same as last season.

By Puds (Chuds)9/2 19:17Sat Feb 9 19:17:57 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1477

I neither have the inclination to look, nor to care.

We are shit, we are boring, we are no better than last season. The league is far worse.

By Boromatt9/2 19:19Sat Feb 9 19:19:34 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1485

But obviously we are in a better position with more points than last season, so surely we’ve improved? Also, didn’t we go 10 away games in a row with no results?

Edited by Boromatt at 19:20:07 on 9th February 2019

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Sonic749/2 19:39Sat Feb 9 19:39:29 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1432

we are in a better position with more points than last season, so surely we’ve improved?

Nope. We are about the same - the level of the league this year is abysmal - had we improved we would be easily in the playoffs, and possibly in the auto promotion slots.

Year on year points comparisons are baseless as it assumes all teams are playing at the same level as they did in previous years...

By RockyBottom9/2 18:59Sat Feb 9 18:59:12 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1519

I'm sorry but today wasn't good enough.

Tranmere have lost the last 3 games and were below us in the table. Again we made them look like a side 3 leagues above us and we didn't have any efforts on goal for the whole 90 minutes.

I could have played in goal against us.

People have the right to ask questions following that. It's far from the first time it has happened this season.

His antics today have again made the club look bad. He never learns.

Edited by RockyBottom at 18:59:57 on 9th February 2019

By Ratman469/2 18:31Sat Feb 9 18:31:29 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1588

Thanks Matt

I agree btw

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)9/2 18:31Sat Feb 9 18:31:26 2019In response to Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1581

Well said. Don't agree with every point you make but I agree with the overall thrust of your post. Some counter-questions...

1. Do you think we are better than a year ago? (For me it's marginal but our league position is so that'll do)

2. Do you think another affordable manager could get more out of this squad, with different tactics? (I'm not sure).

3. Do you think Dino can get us promoted this season or even, without significant extra funds, next? (I don't, but I'm not that fussed as we'd likely get murdered most weeks in L1 and that would be even worse than our current inconsistency).

By Puds (Chuds)9/2 19:17Sat Feb 9 19:17:04 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1493

1. The league is far more shit this season. We are no different to last season, and are certainly in absolutely no regard any more entertaining, enjoyable or better to watch. Worse, IMO. Especially away.

2. Yes. Definitely. But DM is manager and should remain so.

3. No. As I said earlier in the season, he will never get us promoted. Us not going up isn't necessarily a measure I would go by, however, but when you are offering up absolutely dire football, no pace or attacking intent whatsoever, a stark inability to alter things and turn games around and all the time boring your fanbase to bits whilst getting a player sent off every three games and not showing any learning or development game on game, then results become far more important.

They better get that north stand built by the start of next season and offering cheap as hell tickets or no fucker is buying a ST, that's for sure.

5 people like this 5 people   

By worrier9/2 19:54Sat Feb 9 19:54:53 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1404

Whilst everyone speaks up for dino and our league position. The real measure of that success is the crowd

Since dino has come in with his style of performances average home gates have dropped from 2700 to now about 2200 so facts talk

3 people like this 3 people   

By RockyBottom9/2 19:18Sat Feb 9 19:18:31 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1469

His post match interview today says a lot.

By Boromatt9/2 18:41Sat Feb 9 18:41:58 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1599

1. 1000% better than last season. More experience, more quality. Our points total proves that.

2. Good question. I think there possibly could be, but I believe Dino is the man for the job. A Stevenage legend and also has put this team together, his project. A project that looks very promising, especially if a lot of our marque players stay for next season.

3. Of course Dino can get us promoted. If the team are good enough they’ll find a way. However, promotion this season? I don’t think that’s a good idea just yet. Let’s get our financials and fan base improvement sorted first before we start thinking about that. Also, not to mention the north stand being finished.

Good questions Baldock!

Edited by Boromatt at 18:43:18 on 9th February 2019

By jayess10/2 08:01Sun Feb 10 08:01:03 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1086

1000% better, Matt? In that case we should have clinched promotion by the beginning of October.
I don't have the stats to hand, but I suspect we've already clocked up the biggest number of Stevenage nil scorelines since we reached the EFL.
I don't entirely disagree with your original post, but I'm with Chuds on this one.
Thankfully couldn't make it yesterday as I'm in Morocco. I'll ask around and see if Chair has any brothers.

By RockyBottom9/2 19:02Sat Feb 9 19:02:20 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1495

'fan base improvement'

Good luck with on these sort of performances.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)9/2 18:53Sat Feb 9 18:53:54 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1532

If we're gonna wait till we've 'got our financials and fanbase sorted' you'll have to dig me up for our promotion party.

By Ratman469/2 19:02Sat Feb 9 19:02:28 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1490

From under the North Stand as well

By SFCfox9/2 18:44Sat Feb 9 18:44:56 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 1583

Here here Matt.

Good stuff!

By Northstandbloke10/2 19:09Sun Feb 10 19:09:50 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 752

I'm actually quite pleased that this is at the end of this thread because it might not attract the usual abuse from a fan who does not buy the vast majority of the 'it's really alright rhetoric'.

Dino does not have a positive track record as a league manager, he's presented us with a level of inconsistency that comes close to record breathtaking and in my view if allowed to will take us back to the National League.

It's only thank to the incompetence of other league 2 managers and their very poor teams that we haven't been found out yet. Dino is at best an assistant manager and I'm sure tries his best but have no doubts that we will not make the play offs. I think that once we have a ground that identifies with our ambitions a manager will emerge with aspirations and drive towards the higher leagues.

Sorry, but it's an honest point of view and Dino's departure probably at the end of this season will endorse this.

Ciao

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))10/2 20:55Sun Feb 10 20:55:48 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 698

He isn’t going to get sacked

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)10/2 19:34Sun Feb 10 19:34:20 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 786

Dino doesn't have a negative record as a league manager either.

Because he has no record.

His win % isn't that bad. Yes the inconsistency is infuriating. But in his defence he's new to FL management.

Your assessment that he'll take us down has no basis in fact, there is no evidence whatsoever to support this assertion. He probably won't take us to L1 anytime soon, but he won't take us down based on the evidence available.

By Deano (deanos13)10/2 23:16Sun Feb 10 23:16:46 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 700

He won't. And it's posts like this that infuriate me.

Look where we are. Look where we should be.

I don't want to look back, but I will, look where he had Nuneaton this time last year. Look where they are now..........

Edited by deanos13 at 23:18:51 on 10th February 2019

By RockyBottom11/2 16:39Mon Feb 11 16:39:36 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 517

Yeah but to be fair he did pull in a few players that were arguably way too good for that level.

He won't go and he shouldn't at the moment, I just wish he would learn and not keep blaming refs etc, or saying we did well, when we were total dogshit.

I also hope the level of enjoyment us supporters get from watching us play (particularly away from home) is miles is better next season.

I have massive respect for anyone who attends the Lincoln game following what was witnessed on Saturday. I can't get any enthusiasm for it at all.

By Deano (deanos13)11/2 19:40Mon Feb 11 19:40:44 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 497

Who did he pull in that was too good for that level?

By RockyBottom11/2 23:00Mon Feb 11 23:00:18 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 437

Players like James Ferry would have been a class above that level.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deano (deanos13)11/2 23:15Mon Feb 11 23:15:14 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 435

That's where he's playing now. So there's one x (that's a cross not a kiss)

I don't know all the players Dino bought in at Nuneaton so I was expecting a list. Not 'players like James Ferry' absolute kop out and just usual bollocks of you talking off the top of your head.

Edited by deanos13 at 23:18:32 on 11th February 2019

By Puds (Chuds)11/2 23:27Mon Feb 11 23:27:16 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 412

No he isn't, he's at Halifax in the Conference.

By RockyBottom11/2 23:30Mon Feb 11 23:30:22 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 408

I honestly can't remember off the top of my head but I remember thinking at the time that there were players there way too good for the level.

Didn't Jon Ashton go back there in a player/ coach role as well?

By Puds (Chuds)11/2 23:40Mon Feb 11 23:40:49 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 420

You simply cannot compare Nuneaton last season to them now, purely because of the absolute shit they have gone through on and off the pitch.

The whole drama with the owner and them almost going bust (again), the takeover, them closing down their academy side, slashing their budget and going to PT. Of course they are going to be miles worse off.

This is by no means intended to take any credit off Dino's achievement there, he did a very good job indeed, but their current situation is simply not comparable.

Edited by Chuds at 23:42:27 on 11th February 2019

By RockyBottom12/2 08:25Tue Feb 12 08:25:33 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 382

Yeah exactly. I do think he did a good job there, my point is that putting a couple of decent players in a side at that level will make all the difference. It was just good use of his contacts more than anything.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)11/2 21:22Mon Feb 11 21:22:20 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 444

Amos, Sheaf, Seddon, Dieng?

Maybe.

By Puds (Chuds)11/2 21:34Mon Feb 11 21:34:08 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 442

Must have missed them all playing for Nuneaton.

Mad that they all played there and here.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)11/2 23:06Mon Feb 11 23:06:11 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 418

We don't all have time to read the post before the one we're blindly replying to.

I've still got half a tube of Pringles to finish before I get out the bath.

Yes, I'm posting nekkid.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 23:06:50 on 11th February 2019

By Puds (Chuds)11/2 23:07Mon Feb 11 23:07:07 2019In response to Re: Quick message to everyone Top of thread

Views: 437

Sour cream and onion bollocks. Tasty.

Edit: We all are, all the time, aren't we?

Edited by Chuds at 23:07:50 on 11th February 2019

Previous thread: I love Dino. by WASP11/2 17:54Mon Feb 11 17:54:12 2019view thread