ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat
Ronnie Henry - 501 not out.

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Danny Newton by Ratman46Today 10:47Today at 10:47:46view thread

Oldest article: Favourite Album Cover (Way Off Topic) by Roulette Len5/10/2018 23:44Fri Oct 5 23:44:40 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator13/3 07:53Wed Mar 13 07:53:23 2019view thread

Dyson

By WGC299/3 14:28Sat Mar 9 14:28:57 2019

Views: 1284

What's happened to the striker we have on loan from Plymouth? Not even on the bench today but the Fulham one and Gibson are.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Dyson

By Deano (deanos13)10/3 21:38Sun Mar 10 21:38:46 2019In response to Dyson Top of thread

Views: 460

He's not been fit

By Freemo9/3 17:17Sat Mar 9 17:17:28 2019In response to Dyson Top of thread

Views: 1015

Went to Singapore

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Puds (Chuds)9/3 15:56Sat Mar 9 15:56:53 2019In response to Dyson Top of thread

Views: 1090

He isn't remotely good.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By WGC299/3 16:12Sat Mar 9 16:12:18 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 1066

Probably more chance of Henry the Hoover scoring goals for us. Anyway serious question for you puds who would you let go in the summer?

By Puds (Chuds)9/3 16:39Sat Mar 9 16:39:38 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 1036

The North Stand project manager.

Edited by Chuds at 16:40:12 on 9th March 2019

5 people like this 5 people   

By WGC299/3 17:49Sat Mar 9 17:49:31 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 881

Hahahahahaha what about players ?

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)9/3 23:40Sat Mar 9 23:40:13 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 672

The vast majority. Except for the defence.

By Old Town Boro (SFC Interviews)9/3 16:06Sat Mar 9 16:06:15 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 1053

Surprised about this he’s been hoovering up the goals in training

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By WGC299/3 16:12Sat Mar 9 16:12:46 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 1034

Haha now that is a kind of magic answer.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Threshold9/3 17:38Sat Mar 9 17:38:51 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 880

Perfect example today when you get your team game going, played the opposition perfectly both with and against the wind yet lose to a 93rd minute goal.

With absolutely nothing in our forward line and a midfield that couldn't deliver one decent ball into the area all game, whether from a corner, free kick or speculative cross. Guthrie wanders around waiting for the ball to come to him, if he gets too near to closing the oppo player down he backs off just sufficiently while after a couple of games what exactly Gibson gives us can someone tell me? His blinding miss this afternoon says it all but in truth we could have been 2 or 3 goals up had we had an ounce of quality and their 93rd minute goal should have been a mere consolation.

Instead despite all the hype about Bury being a class above we made them look mediocre and in no way did they deserve any points let alone three. Just imagine if Dino had managed to sign a couple of strikers and a midfielder we just might have been looking at the play-offs this season.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Cruffers9/3 18:58Sat Mar 9 18:58:50 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 782

Guthrie was one of our best players today. His work rate on the flank was superb.

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/3 07:42Sun Mar 10 07:42:01 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 635

I was clearly watching a different match.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)10/3 09:52Sun Mar 10 09:52:11 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 567

Enjoyment and excitement is subjective.

The fact that a very large proportion applauded tells me you are in the minority that thought the game lacked excitement and enjoyment.

The ET after a shit or uninspiring performance resulting in a defeat is characterised by muttering, silence, hands in pockets or boos. That simply wasn't evident yesterday. At FT the performance was roundly applauded in a show of gratitude for the (good) performance, and commiseration for fucking it up at the death.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)10/3 14:31Sun Mar 10 14:31:46 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 505

I applauded as I was appreciative of the effort some of them put in.

Edit: It doesn’t surprise me that I am in the minority. C’est la vie. My comment was more in response to somebody’s comment about Guthrie than the match itself. Yesterday wasn’t the worst we’ve played. It held some interest but, in my opinion alone it seems, I felt that we were lacking in certain departments and much of that probably came from the way the team is set up to play. I’ve staunchly defended Dino in the past when some have questioned why we haven’t put 7 past Macclesfield. Or was it Morecambe? I responded to a Bury supporting friend on twitter that it wasn’t as dreadful as usual as a bit of a tongue in cheek comment as he had seen us play, dreadfully, three times himself this season but he was representing Stevenage at hockey yesterday so happened to miss it. It wasn’t dreadful. It was ok. There was little excitement but Chuds has covered that. Anyway, onwards we go. I’ll probably continue to be a miserable sod in the minority but I’m too fucking old to change.

Up the Boro.

Edited by Geoff Wode at 19:46:05 on 10th March 2019

By Ratman4611/3 13:59Mon Mar 11 13:59:00 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 284

See you tomorrow night you miserable old sod

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)11/3 18:30Mon Mar 11 18:30:30 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 253

I’ll be the one in the minority.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)11/3 20:32Mon Mar 11 20:32:12 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 244

I'm excited just at the thought of driving 80 miles in the rush hour to see a thrilling game, with light drizzle to make the pitch shimmer, and with a solitary half-chance at one end, which may or may not be squandered depending on who it falls to.

Followed by a drive back where no doubt there'll be an overnight motorway closure extending my journey by 20 miles and 40 minutes, meaning I'll never complete it without at least one wee stop.

By Sev12/3 13:09Tue Mar 12 13:09:46 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 186

A1 was always shut northbound after a Tuesday night game. Now I've stopped going to them.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)13/3 00:28Wed Mar 13 00:28:41 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 140

M1 closures screwed me going back to Cov again tonight, as usual, had the delight of 47 MK roundabouts again.

Still at least I don't have to negotiate them again in a few days time... Oh.

By Puds (Chuds)12/3 13:25Tue Mar 12 13:25:39 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 180

Convenient

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)11/3 23:18Mon Mar 11 23:18:55 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 227

Surely the excitement of your journey will be sufficient and you’ll be content with an absence of it at the match. I have a 6 mile round trip. Potential for excitement is limited unless I see the fella in the sailor’s hat walking down Valley Way.

2 people like this 2 people   

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)12/3 06:53Tue Mar 12 06:53:52 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 223

I only wear that sailors hat when I'm going to the Blue Oyster Bar.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Puds (Chuds)10/3 10:59Sun Mar 10 10:59:41 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 559

You can have a good performance that is enjoyed and warrants applause, without there being anything to get anyone excited.

Yesterday being the perfect example.

Edit: Probably the best way to explain it is that regular fans (those with an affinity to us, regardless of frequency of attendance) will have been content with yesterday and appreciated the hard-working, organised performance that nullified a good side for 93 minutes, and could/should have won it via Gibson. I enjoyed our performance.

However, floating/neutral fans will have found it rather dull and lacking in any excitement as it was very uneventful. Very little in the way of goal mouth action, genuine chances created, good saves, potential penalty or red card incidents, goals etc.

The quality of football is unlikely to be good, certainly for sustained periods, as this is L2, and that is fine, but you would hope for more events to get everyone going and excited. To get people jumping up. It is this that brings people back to games, and simply because it is L2 in no way means there shouldn't be plenty of those. Games like yesterday will do nothing to bring neutrals back, but will keep us regulars happier. Take my attendance at Biggleswade when we have shit away games for instance. Why do I go there instead of staying at home? Because games are eventful and excite me, there is always plenty of action and talking points. If there wasn't, regardless of dogged displays by them, I wouldn't go. We need to be the same to people who could come to us ten or so times a season, and need to give them that excitement and reason to attend.

Of course it could be argued that the manner of our performance prevented that and that both sides' organisation cancelled each other out, and that had we been more gung ho to create these exciting moments they may have won 3-0 and nobody would be happy.

Edited by Chuds at 11:32:12 on 10th March 2019

4 people like this 4 people   

By Sev10/3 10:06Sun Mar 10 10:06:32 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 546

Indeed. No one is claiming those who didn't find it enjoyable is lying. Simple a difference of opinion. But to insist something isn't something because you yourself don't like it is a bit much.

Millions of people love coffee, I hate it. Does that make coffee shit? No it means I have a different opinion to the majority. But no one is going to convince my taste buds that coffee is nice.

Personally I don't think excitement is the right word to use. I've probably only genuinely been excited by football a couple of times a year. Enjoyable or interesting absolutely.

I wonder if those who didn't fund anything exciting yesterday, enjoyed the game (before the goal) or not?

And I think as Chuds pointed out elsewhere it's a lot to do with expectation. Decades of watching non league and league 2 football have led to my expectations being met generally. Those wanting an adrenaline rush from it may always be left disappointed and miserable sounding.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)10/3 12:51Sun Mar 10 12:51:36 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 512

I quite like a Cappuccino, but wouldn't have a regular white coffee.

By Ratman4611/3 14:01Mon Mar 11 14:01:30 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 275

Thought you'd be a Flat Whites kind of guy

By Sev10/3 09:02Sun Mar 10 09:02:53 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 575

Evidently.

By Bankerbob9/3 23:26Sat Mar 9 23:26:52 2019In response to Re: Dyson Top of thread

Views: 650

You assess donkeys on the hoof, not on the flank.

Previous thread: Craig Hicks is tonights Referee by WASP12/3 17:45Tue Mar 12 17:45:52 2019view thread