ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat
Ronnie Henry - 501 not out.

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Well by CopeysaurusToday 18:21Today at 18:21:01view thread

Oldest article: Boro Fives Table by Sev27/10/2018 18:31Sat Oct 27 18:31:05 2018view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Next Season's Squad by Old Town Boro23/3 23:23Sat Mar 23 23:23:42 2019view thread

Michael Thalassitis

By Sev16/3 18:43Sat Mar 16 18:43:38 2019

Views: 1981

I can't believe this tbh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6817341/Tributes-paid-Love-Island-star-Muggy-Mike-Thalassitis-26-year-old-dead.html

RIP

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Michael Thalassitis - Paying respects

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)18/3 22:22Mon Mar 18 22:22:34 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 822

1- If you haven’t seen on twitter. If you are coming to the Macclesfield game Saturday. We are going to start a minutes applause in the 19th minute (Thala’s number whilst at Boro) in the away end.

It would be appreciated if you could join in as we show our respects. It has been shared By macclessfield account and many Macclesfield fans too aswell as ofc Stevenage fans

2- Macclesfield have asked me to write a piece of Thalesittis’s passing to stand in solidarity with Stevenage & talk about mental health for Saturdays programme

If any of you have any memories or comments on Thala’s character or him as a player.

Please do reply or message me. I’ve already spoken to Joel and a few former team mates and supporters. Just a few words will be enough

You won’t be named. It’s just for the Macclesfield programme. And once again if you are coming please buy a programme

3- Was thinking of buying a banner or book of condolence or maybe a brick on the boro wall for us to remember him. If anyone has any thoughts, please advise

4 For the Notts Home Game, on the 19th minute they’ll be chanting of his name. Feel free to join in or clap as hopefully a bigger crowd than Saturday can Pay their respects

As I say any memories, thoughts on Thalasittis as a character or him as a player please reply or message ASAP

Thank you

Edit: I have been told that Macclesfield have other plans for Saturdays game to pay tribute to Thala. The media manager is staying a bit tight lipped but he is on the case. He went through a very rough time himself so this is a subject he treats with dignity and sympathy. We shall see what he has in mind come Saturday. I must say Macclesfield have been nothing short of brilliant with regards to this. Seems like a great club

Edited by Donnelly at 23:09:08 on 18th March 2019

6 people like this 6 people   

By RockyBottom25/3 16:56Mon Mar 25 16:56:49 2019In response to Re: Michael Thalassitis - Paying respects Top of thread

Views: 257

Have to say Macclesfield were top class about this and their announcer/ PA was very good.

By AgentEves20/3 20:02Wed Mar 20 20:02:53 2019In response to Re: Michael Thalassitis - Paying respects Top of thread

Views: 610

I'd start by spelling his name correctly.

6 people dislike this 6 people

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)19/3 07:26Tue Mar 19 07:26:25 2019In response to Re: Michael Thalassitis - Paying respects Top of thread

Views: 684

Can I suggest you write from the heart and draw comparisons with your experiences as a young man facing a different set of challenges, and what helped you.. We don't know what Mike was going through, we can only assume from media reports.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)19/3 07:31Tue Mar 19 07:31:34 2019In response to Re: Michael Thalassitis - Paying respects Top of thread

Views: 661

From a mental health perspective I can do that. It’s what I was going to do anyway. I was more asking what he was like as a player/character if anyone could help. If not don’t worry, I’ve got some ideas

Re: Michael Thalassitis

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)17/3 08:31Sun Mar 17 08:31:55 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1109

Awful news. I feel so much for his family. They will never recover from this. Sad, very sad.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Goolies16/3 23:17Sat Mar 16 23:17:25 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1226

Genuinely distraught at this news. Maybe more than I should be given that I didn't know Mike personally. To think someone so young could end up in a place so hopeless is incredibly harrowing.

He'll be remembered fondly for that goal against Southampton and hitting the bar against MK. I thought he was going to be the next big thing.

A reminder to anybody going through a difficult time- please don't be afraid to talk to anyone. The world may seem bleak at times, but it can be beautiful as well.

RIP Thala

6 people like this 6 people   

By Lops (lopo)16/3 21:44Sat Mar 16 21:44:48 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1267

Sad news. Didn’t know him but I’m sure his persona on TV was far from the man he was.

RIP Thala.

By Owen16/3 20:35Sat Mar 16 20:35:03 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1360

The number of his ex teammates tweeting about him so positively is a good indication about what he was like as a friend and colleague. RIP. Too young, he's only a kid.

By Ratman4616/3 19:20Sat Mar 16 19:20:27 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1519

RIP, sad news.

By Old Town Boro (SFC Interviews)16/3 19:18Sat Mar 16 19:18:37 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1511

Such tragic news, he had his whole life ahead of him, R.I,P Mike thoughts go out to all his friends and family at this devastating time.

By Danny-da-Bass16/3 19:09Sat Mar 16 19:09:48 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1544

Very sad news

RIP muggy

By Copeysaurus16/3 19:01Sat Mar 16 19:01:19 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1562

Crikey. RIP

By tosspot16/3 18:58Sat Mar 16 18:58:18 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1569

Horrific news.

By Tucks16/3 18:54Sat Mar 16 18:54:44 2019In response to Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1604

Horrible news. RIP Mike.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)16/3 18:55Sat Mar 16 18:55:51 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1578

Indeed. RIP.

By RockyBottom16/3 20:41Sat Mar 16 20:41:44 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1328

That's awful. Wonder what happened? RIP.

By Sev16/3 21:44Sat Mar 16 21:44:13 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1243

Found in a woods and no mention of any police investigation or suspicious circumstance suggests it was suicide. Sad that a person's mind can go that way.

No matter how much people say seek help or talk about it, if you have mental illness then those things aren't necessarily options because you aren't thinking like a 'rational person'.

By Thora18/3 07:32Mon Mar 18 07:32:35 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 855

"No matter how much people say seek help or talk about it, if you have mental illness then those things aren't necessarily options because you aren't thinking like a 'rational person'."

Often, there's nothing to talk about. Talking as someone who has mild issues myself, 99% of the time I couldn't tell you what the problem is.

Always seems very little point in telling someone you feel sad when you can't give a response to the inevitable "Why?"

Edited by Thora at 08:07:27 on 18th March 2019

3 people like this 3 people   

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))23/3 00:18Sat Mar 23 00:18:34 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 381

Very good bit in Harry’s Heroes where Drewe Broughton works with Merse, made me think of this thread.

Love it when men talk about MH problems. It’s incredibly hard to do, but it helps other men.

By AgentEves20/3 20:06Wed Mar 20 20:06:59 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 586

For the sake of discussion/awareness on this topic:

What do you think is a better response than "Why?"

How do you think people can be more supportive of those who might be struggling? How do you think they could be better encouraged to speak up?

By Old Town Boro (SFC Interviews)21/3 00:23Thu Mar 21 00:23:13 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 506

Excellent questions, as someone who suffers from Mental Health myself a lot of it is support and understanding based, If someone understands the issue and can see you are suffering they are more able to point you in the right direction, there are a number of organisations and charities in this area that are able to support people with their mental health including the Wellbeing team, Mind and the new group Stand By Me which has been featured prominently on Facebook the last couple of days and will be featuring next week on the Sports Scene Show on SG1 Radio. From the perspective of someone who deals with it myself and also supports others who deal with it too its all about getting it out there in the open knowing your not alone and that support is on hand and readily available.

Edited by SFC Interviews at 00:23:41 on 21st March 2019

By Old Town Boro (SFC Interviews)21/3 00:30Thu Mar 21 00:30:31 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 524

It basically stems from knowing what to say/do in terms of supporting the individual and treating them as exactly that because each need is complex and can effect individuals in different ways so therefore treatments and coping strategies need to be adapted too in terms of ways and means of supporting them.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)16/3 21:58Sat Mar 16 21:58:27 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 1270

IF it's suspected suicide there will be a police investigation as a matter of course.

Even if it isn't, because it's sudden and unexpected, i.e. He wasn't suffering from a terminal illness or serious condition*, there will be one, conducted by the Police as representatives of, and as directed by, the coroner for the location of the discovery of the deceased.

*That's not to suggest MH is not a serious and potentially deadly condition, IF that is found to be a factor.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 11:39:53 on 17th March 2019
Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 11:41:40 on 17th March 2019

By Old Town Boro (SFC Interviews)24/3 17:16Sun Mar 24 17:16:06 2019In response to Re: Michael ThalassitisTop of thread

Views: 330

https://www.gofundme.com/pu6b92-mike-thalassitis. Came across this on the Chelmsford city twitter feed for his funeral costs and the rest going to a mental health charity of their choice.

Previous thread: Score predictions by Charlie.22/3 08:09Fri Mar 22 08:09:59 2019view thread