ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Sarllz by OgsYesterday 23:28Yesterday at 23:28:21view thread

Oldest article: Chair by WASP2/2 16:55Sat Feb 2 16:55:40 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Warning - lock up your swear boxes by worrier2/4 16:31Tue Apr 2 16:31:13 2019view thread

Clapping at the final whistle...

By Cruffers1/4 12:43Mon Apr 1 12:43:29 2019

Views: 726

Just a thought, I'm genuinely intrigued to know why some supporters on the ET were clapping the team when Dino and the players came over after the final whistle on Saturday, as I'm struggling to understand what was worthy of the applause. I will never 'boo' my own team and I think that no applauding after a completely sh*te performance would be much more effective and powerful.

So, if you were there and applauded, why did you feel the need to do so? Did you think:

A) The players really tried and put a shift in (unlikely answer for Saturday unless you know nothing about football).

B) Dino is our manager and deserves applause no matter what.

C) I'm a loyal supporter.

D) It's a butt-kissing exercise to get Dino and the players to like you.

reply to this article | return to the front page

6 people like this 6 people   

Re: Clapping at the final whistle...

By Copeysaurus1/4 14:48Mon Apr 1 14:48:55 2019In response to Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 534

Probably C.

Odd behavior to clap after a performance like that.

By Puds (Chuds)1/4 13:57Mon Apr 1 13:57:56 2019In response to Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 545

LOYAL SUPPORTERS *clap clap clap clap*

Love you Dino.

*dribble*

3 people like this 3 people   

By Boromatt1/4 13:09Mon Apr 1 13:09:24 2019In response to Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 561

To be quite honest, I always clap the team after any game. As long as the players try and put effort in, I’ll always clap. Saturday, I actually felt a little sorry for a couple of players who quite evidently care about the club and put in 100% every week. Cuthbert, Newts, Revs for example. I was clapping for those boys.

Edited by Boromatt at 13:11:31 on 1st April 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Lops (lopo)1/4 12:54Mon Apr 1 12:54:44 2019In response to Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 564

I was already half way back to the car.

By Cruffers1/4 12:56Mon Apr 1 12:56:30 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 566

You were the majority by the look of it. And those people leaving early were definitely not clapping.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Lops (lopo)1/4 14:04Mon Apr 1 14:04:20 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 513

The sad part is I only left 2 minutes into injury time. :(

By Sawyer1/4 13:24Mon Apr 1 13:24:43 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 551

I rarely leave early, but did so on Saturday out of protest as the performance was so awful. I won't boo the team but I certainly wasnt going to clap that dross either

2 people like this 2 people   

By Bragbury1061/4 17:53Mon Apr 1 17:53:12 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 458

i clapped at the final whistle you may have heard a delayed appluse from the Mutral friend.
Rearly think the players are not intrested in playing for dino anymore ,if he stays a couple of players should leave
before the end of this season as they were an insult to ware the stevenage shirt on saturday.

By Telboy1/4 22:07Mon Apr 1 22:07:09 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 373

Booing is a new phenomenon at Boro, whether you like it or not it shows how bad our performances have become. Our supporters have been so patient but, unsurprisingly, have come to the end of their tether. Having suffered two seasons of indifferent performances some who would have remained silent, and even some who would have clapped for effort, are now booing. Booing at the end of a match is a way of venting disapproval, not at one player but at the whole team (team = players, manager and coaching staff). Booing during a match at the team or individuals is very negative and should be frowned upon as it will not improve play. I must admit to booing on one occasion when we lost at home to Northampton…another of many dire performances.

By Northlondonboro (Adam M)2/4 10:55Tue Apr 2 10:55:38 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 297

Booing is not a new phenomenon at boro.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)1/4 22:35Mon Apr 1 22:35:59 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 361

I have never boo'd. I came very, very close at half-time Satdi.

I said to my daughter, "they deserve to be boo'd", she's as positive as they come, but even she agreed.

Silence and moody glowering as we walked out at FT.

By Sev1/4 22:54Mon Apr 1 22:54:15 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 350

Cheering substitutions is the new booing.

Disrespectful.

By Lops (lopo)1/4 23:02Mon Apr 1 23:02:37 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 345

Unless it’s Mark Hughes.

By Sev1/4 23:10Mon Apr 1 23:10:42 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 351

Good point. I think I might have even cheered that one.

By Puds (Chuds)2/4 07:39Tue Apr 2 07:39:30 2019In response to Re: Clapping at the final whistle...Top of thread

Views: 316

Scum.

LOYAL SUPPORTERS *clap clap clap clap*

Previous thread: Seats Available by SA Administrator2/4 10:47Tue Apr 2 10:47:40 2019view thread