ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: I Get Brainwaves, I Get Visions. by CopeysaurusToday 02:00Today at 02:00:28view thread

Oldest article: 8 years tonight by WGC298/1 13:40Tue Jan 8 13:40:58 20191 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Our Goal on Monday? by WASP23/4 15:26Tue Apr 23 15:26:33 2019view thread

How about the performance then?

By Copeysaurus22/4 21:00Mon Apr 22 21:00:57 2019

Views: 655

Lucky to get a point.

Thought Timlin and Wildin were poor.

Wilkinson misplaced every single header.

Nugent switching off nearly costs us and terrible In possesion. Does the basics in a theatrical fashion so he looks better than he is.

Martin and Farmin done well.

Joel was ok. But having Timlin next to him makes like look poorer since they don’t compliment each other at all.

Guthrie won a lot of headers. Did ok.

Sonupe anonymous.

Chair was Chair, we don’t get him on the ball enough. perhaps play him more central?

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

Re: How about the performance then?

By Tucks23/4 10:55Tue Apr 23 10:55:44 2019In response to How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 256

We needed a second during the spell in the first half where we had them on the ropes. Once their goal went in they looked more likely to score again than we did.

We didn’t move the ball forward quickly enough, which is often the case. They were very industrious in getting their men back behind the ball quickly when we had it but there seemed little to no threat of a quick counter for us in the main. One instance where Sonupe had a chance to take on a defender on the break but chose to slow the play down comes to mind in particular.

Sonupe was getting into decent enough positions through the middle but his touch let him down more often than not I thought.

Chair was marked out of the game. Every time he has the ball he seems to be able to do something with it still however.

I’m not particularly a fan of Wilko but don’t think he did badly.

There seemed to be effort on the pitch yesterday. That’s all I ask for from a Boro team. The play offs are possible but unlikely now. The last few weeks have got me feeling slightly more optimistic about next season however.

Williams for them was a shithouse. Can we sign him (and get his hair cut)?

2 people like this 2 people   

By Cruffers23/4 11:07Tue Apr 23 11:07:08 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 242

I thought Wilko did well when he came on. And Williams was their best and most dangerous player. I always wondered what happened to the bad guy from Crocodile Dundee.

By Copeysaurus23/4 11:17Tue Apr 23 11:17:38 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 228

Bowman is what I wish Revell was.

By Tucks23/4 15:17Tue Apr 23 15:17:03 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 202

Eight years younger with crap hair?

By Cruffers23/4 11:18Tue Apr 23 11:18:53 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 219

What, a nasty moany shite?

By Lopo23/4 09:19Tue Apr 23 09:19:47 2019In response to How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 315

Slow start for the first 15. Very good spell for about 25 mins then dropped off.

Second half didn’t really get anything going.

Guthrie spent more time moaning at everyone else around him. Chair got marked out of the game. Sonupe couldn’t make the impact he would’ve liked.

Frustrating given the circumstances as we needed to win to stand a chance of making the playoffs. Now Mansfield away is must win which will be tough.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Cruffers23/4 09:56Tue Apr 23 09:56:08 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 275

I thought Guthrie was superb yesterday with his work rate, and had a right to moan about some of the balls being played forward. He was making the runs and the pass wasn’t accurate enough.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Lopo23/4 11:02Tue Apr 23 11:02:31 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 231

Had to work hard as he got little support.

With Timlin and Byrom in the middle you don't get much support going forward from the midfield so relying on Chair and Sonupe to go beyond.

By Cruffers23/4 11:04Tue Apr 23 11:04:50 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 230

Or a better quality of pass from the wing backs, which was the main thing winding him up. However he was getting angry with himself a couple of times as well. I like that.

By Copeysaurus23/4 10:07Tue Apr 23 10:07:37 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 272

Agreed

By WGC2923/4 09:35Tue Apr 23 09:35:19 2019In response to Re: How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 290

Very tough game indeed considering Mansfield are in with a great chance of automatic promotion which is what they deserve. Unfortnaley my gut feeling tells me we've blown our chance yesterday.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 2122/4 23:58Mon Apr 22 23:58:06 2019In response to How about the performance then?Top of thread

Views: 452

Thought a large chunk of the first half was bloody good actually. A bit too much standing-back-letting-everyone-else-take-responsibility for their goal, weakly conceded, as is so often the case. A fair bit of unnecessary buggering about from some, granted, but some good effort too from others.

Previous thread: The Run In by Sev22/4 19:22Mon Apr 22 19:22:47 2019view thread