ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: League 2 Goals of the Season by FingersLilyToday 15:43Today at 15:43:34view thread

Oldest article: Happy Belated birthday Will Appleyard by fox y2/1 22:26Wed Jan 2 22:26:06 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Your guide to Excreter City by The Daily Stevenage22/4 09:07Mon Apr 22 09:07:22 2019view thread

Exciting times ahead

By Boromatt25/4 09:54Thu Apr 25 09:54:50 2019

Views: 672

My first post in a while. It's been quite nice to sit back and read a lot of comments and threads on the forum rather than being involved in main discussions. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have along with me, I've loved the last 4 games! To see the team perform consistently of late which has been my only issue this season has been most pleasing. 3 wins in a row, when was the last time we did that? It's been superb recently and to see the club involved in The Play Off race with 2 games to go, who would've thought that back in January?

To me, being up at Grimsby that day, it seemed that all the pressure was taken off the side after the two silly results against Macclesfield and Notts County. I thought those silly results was purely down to the side panicking about both of those games being "must win" games in order to challenge for The Play Offs and it told. Prior to Grimsby Dino and Mr. Wallace both echoed the fact that the Play Offs were too far to claw back and we would probably look to build for next season, which took the pressure off a bit. Both Grimsby, Carlisle and Port Vale were superb performances along with the result. Implementing Joe Martin and Vancooten back into the side IMO was an excellent move by Dino. Martin brings a wealth of experience and have always liked his ability, the same for Vancooten just being a younger player, but still has so much ability. Allowing Luther to play more forward on the right, but also making sure our wing backs tuck into to make a 5 at the back is how we played at Lincoln and it works. I got slated for calling Guthrie a goal scorer before Grimsby, say no more. What I've loved about Kurtis the last 4 games isn't just his goals, 6 in 4 to be exact with 4 assists, but the passion and hard work his showed. His attitude since Tranmere has changed and now looks to be a real dangerous centre forward. One I would certainly keep for next season. Although we didn't win on Monday, I still thought it was a really good point. We could've lost that game and if it was 3 months ago we probably would've lost it, I think that shows how far the team has come in a short period of time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "Meet the Manger" event last night. It was good to listen to Dino talk and answer questions about this season, along with our plans for next season. Some questions were really good, some I thought were quite harsh, but everyone pays their money and has an opinion. I was reluctant to ask two, one being about building the club for next season along with what players are likely to stay, the other being if Dino thought it would be sensible to have another season in League Two and build the club rather than making that huge leap to League One. It was great to hear him say Cuthbert was staying along with Nugent, two big players. I was also chuffed to hear him say that he thought it would be sensible to stay in the league and build before we make that leap up. It showed me that his feet are firmly on the ground and although we are well in the race for The Play Offs, deep down I think he feels that if we didn't make it, it wouldn't be a terrible thing.

2 games left, starting with Saturday, should be fun. A cracking game to see our club involved in, a win could put us in The Play Offs with one to play, a win for them could firmly put them as promoted with MK still to play, game of the season IMO. For me however, rather than itching to make The Play Offs, I'm quite happy wherever we end up, whether that's in The Play Offs or not, I think it obviously would be huge to make the Play Offs, but also important for us not to and build for next season. A win win in many ways.

I think the support from all you guys over the season has been excellent! Even through some of the poor performances we've stuck with the team and have been able to enjoy the excellent ones also. Dino if your reading, like I said to you last night, Thanks for all of your efforts this season mate! From where the football club was a year ago to now, has changed hugely. I remembered standing at Wycombe that day thinking, "My god you've got a job to do next season". The job you have done with budget you were given should be applauded. Good luck for the last 2 games of the season, I am extremely enthused about next season and shall be there every week following the journey, hopefully we're in for an exciting one! Good luck also as the number 9 for Teddy's team in the testimonial!

COYB

Edited by Boromatt at 10:01:02 on 25th April 2019
Edited by Boromatt at 10:08:59 on 25th April 2019
Edited by Boromatt at 11:39:28 on 25th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   

Re: Exciting times ahead

By RockyBottom25/4 15:00Thu Apr 25 15:00:01 2019In response to Exciting times aheadTop of thread

Views: 328

I have to say Matt, while I'm negative on here a lot of the time, the Port Vale game did feel like a return to the happier times of previous seasons. It felt like the Stevenage of old.

It's in there somewhere and I really hope it comes out again next season.

Edited by RockyBottom at 15:00:29 on 25th April 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)25/4 11:52Thu Apr 25 11:52:29 2019In response to Exciting times aheadTop of thread

Views: 449

Can I reply to stop you editing

By Thora25/4 11:56Thu Apr 25 11:56:08 2019In response to Re: Exciting times aheadTop of thread

Views: 449

I absolutely knew what this post was going to say before I opened it. Good lad.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Handyandy125/4 12:42Thu Apr 25 12:42:11 2019In response to Re: Exciting times aheadTop of thread

Views: 408

Could have gone into a bit more detail there Matt but great post. I've missed your optimism!

Previous thread: Seddon scores late on by RockyBottom24/4 08:58Wed Apr 24 08:58:04 2019view thread