ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: FL Trophy Third Round by Bladders (Wolfie) Today 19:48Today at 19:48:59view thread

Oldest article: The Word of Wallace by Pete10/9 09:58Tue Sep 10 09:58:32 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: It's a first well at least for me it is.. by Northstandbloke18/9 17:10Wed Sep 18 17:10:36 2019view thread

You reap what you sow

By Rotterdamboro17/9 22:36Tue Sep 17 22:36:56 2019

Views: 1410

You place an order and buy horse manure, you get horse manure. The rot goes all the way to the top. History will show Stevenage FC lost their Football League status due to complacency and mismanagement from Wallace’s office right down. This bunch of fucktards couldn’t beat an egg. What a fuxking shower of shit. You reap what you sow Wallace

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   15 people dislike this 15 people

Re: You reap what you sow

By Boromatt18/9 10:25Wed Sep 18 10:25:08 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 768

How's the hangover??

By Yogi18/9 10:08Wed Sep 18 10:08:47 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 712

What a stupid post.

By Boromatt18/9 10:04Wed Sep 18 10:04:35 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 726

I believe there have been managerial appointments made in the past to save "the budget", however I don't see what last nights match has to do with it? I think Sampson is an extremely intelligent man in football and has experienced managing the elite level in the game. Things will turn around.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)18/9 10:53Wed Sep 18 10:53:16 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 667

I'm backing MS for now and I've watched a fair bit of women's football, but he really hasn't managed at the elite level. When he managed England ladiesthey only just started playing full time football in England, and you simply cannot compare 2014-15 ladies football with the men's pro game, it's a different game played at a different pace and speed.

If you want to compare that to men's football we all know what happened when the USWNT played a male development side.

This is not to decry the women's game, it's improving all the time.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By AgentEves18/9 16:36Wed Sep 18 16:36:20 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 518

Comparing women's football to men's football is the most tedious argument against the quality of women's football.

MS coached at the elite level of women's football. You don't get there by accident. He showed during that world cup that he was tactically astute, and there is no reason why being a good tactician in women's football would mean you're not a good tactician in men's football.

Honestly, the only difference I've noticed, from a coaching perspective, is that men are far more stubborn and revert to habit much more than women. Women, in my experience, are much more willing learners, have less of an ego, and are less likely to ignore tactics and just do whatever they think is best.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)18/9 18:26Wed Sep 18 18:26:25 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 412

I'm not arguing against women's football. It's good for what it is and it's improving all the time.

But there are huge differences between men's and womens games, men tend to be technically better, stronger, faster and more physical and cynical.

Tactics that work great for England ladies cannot simply be transferred to a L2 club. I accept the principles of shape, space and patterns of play aren't that different, but the execution is.

And whilst England may be the elite level of women's football its not the elite level of football that Matt, not you, infer, I have a mate who managed and coached ladies football to what was the highest club level.

He moved on to further his career and had to drop down to 2 levels below the conference to get work before climbing the men's ladder. Because the levels aren't comparable.

No top women's coach has moved across to the PL, Serie A or any other top tier men's league, because the quality and competirion is different.

Hope this doesn't come across as anti-Sampson or anti-womens football.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 18:27:11 on 18th September 2019

By AgentEves18/9 20:21Wed Sep 18 20:21:18 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 348

"Hope this doesn't come across as anti-Sampson or anti-womens football."

No, all good.

"He moved on to further his career and had to drop down to 2 levels below the conference to get work before climbing the men's ladder. Because the levels aren't comparable."

I would gues that a large part of the problem there could have been due to the fact that many involved in the men's game are stubborn or 'traditional' and are often reluctant (or in many cases, outright refuse) to acknowledge that the way things have always been might not be the way they should continue to be.

Two standout examples:
1. Corners. Despite the fact that corners only have a 2% success rate, everyone still thinks that lumping the ball into the box is the best tactic for a corner. People rarely attempt to try anything different. Even the teams that aren't renowned for being strong in the air.

2. If you haven't played at the highest level you can't be a top level manager (or, more frequently, if you're a top level player then you get a job as a top-level manager). This, quite frankly, is utter bollocks and the only real reason why this is a reality is because the players seemingly don't respect someone who hasn't been there and done it. Which, in my opinion, is utterly ridiculous. We see time and time and time again that top level, elite players end up as absolutely diabolical managers, and some of the best managers on the planet never played at a high level.

"Tactics that work great for England ladies cannot simply be transferred to a L2 club. I accept the principles of shape, space and patterns of play aren't that different, but the execution is."

Why? It's all relative. I mean, with the exception of exploiting particular weaknesses in the women's game (such as hitting high looping crosses, or shooting high into the net having a better chance of resulting in a goal) I don't really see what would be so completely different that it couldn't be transferable. Men tend to be technically better, stronger, faster and more physical and cynical... absolutely. But with the exception of the last two, all the other points are relative. It's not like you're talking about getting a women's team to be competitive with a men's team.

The opposition are technically better... than who? Than women? Why is that relevant? You're coaching players who have been deemed to be sufficiently competent (debatable, of course) at the level in which they are playing... so why does the fact that you're coaching technically superior players to those in the women's game make coaching different? It's not as though training sessions consist of coaching the actual technique required to kick a football. And even if Mark was doing that with the England Ladies, then he just wouldn't run those sessions with the men.

I strongly believe that the fundamentals of coaching would be exactly the same, and the only differences would be for the few specific nuances, such as men being more physical, cynical and the examples I mentioned above. Maybe I'm completely overlooking something really obvious, but the points you've made don't cover any reason why a successful coach from the women's game couldn't be a successful coach in the men's game, other than purely because the players are arseholes and refuse to listen to someone they don't respect because 'they are only a women's coach' - in which case we need to seriously be looking at the way footballers are coached from a young age.

Edited by AgentEves at 20:21:52 on 18th September 2019

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)18/9 21:41Wed Sep 18 21:41:56 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 280

You make some good points.

But if the skills are so transferable and a good women's coach can be equally good at coaching men why aren't successful women coaches being poached left right and centre by men's teams?

Can't just be because arseholery and sexism abound.

By AgentEves19/9 17:27Thu Sep 19 17:27:22 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 243

"Can't just be because arseholery and sexism abound."

Can't it?

Remember when England tried to play something other than 4-4-2, and how pissed off everyone got at them employing 'stupid foreign tactics'... I think you're underestimating how retarded many people involved in football are.

Like I say, there could be something else that I'm naively overlooking, but I wouldn't be surprised that it's just a simple case of stubbornness towards anything new/unknown.

That said, I think a large part of it is down to the risk involved. If a chairman hires a manager previously successful in women's football, the moronic minority of the fan base will be up in arms about it. Then, if that manager does anything other than hit the ground running, the fans will be going ballistic. It's completely understandable, it's just a big shame. That said, with the success and growth of women's football, over the past 5 or so years, I don't think it will be long before we start seeing more crossover.

By Paulio18/9 18:49Wed Sep 18 18:49:02 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 390

Just cause she wouldn’t sleep with you.

By Puds (Chuds)18/9 18:29Wed Sep 18 18:29:09 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 402

You xenophobic sexist PIG.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)18/9 19:36Wed Sep 18 19:36:39 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 348

Next he'll be saying they don't need a kit man/lady in womens football because the wash and iron their own kits and tidy up the dressing room after a game.
Cant believe he could even think that!

2 people like this 2 people   

By Boromatt18/9 13:41Wed Sep 18 13:41:43 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 569

I do agree with you Balders on the football being different. I'm coming from an angle with management and that he has experienced managing teams in the past who started off similar to ourselves. The management side of things IMO stays the same for every level and how you communicate with the players.

By AgentEves18/9 16:53Wed Sep 18 16:53:48 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 478

In an astonishing turn of events, I actually agree with you Matt.

That said, I think there are subtle differences in communication methods between coaching men and coaching women.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)18/9 19:37Wed Sep 18 19:37:40 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 358

Yes, because if you get across the wrong message they won't speak to you for the rest of the day.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Puds (Chuds)18/9 19:42Wed Sep 18 19:42:32 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 356

LOL.

By Deano (deanos13)18/9 18:54Wed Sep 18 18:54:04 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 387

I don't know much about Mark prior to England

but Matt said ''and that he has experienced managing teams in the past who started off similar to ourselves.''

Who would this be?

By Pete (PeteH)18/9 19:53Wed Sep 18 19:53:50 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 353

Bristol Academy (women's) and Taff's Well.

EDIT - Oops. Didn't read the last bit of that. But still...

Edited by PeteH at 19:54:26 on 18th September 2019

By Freemo18/9 12:33Wed Sep 18 12:33:39 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 597

I still think Alex Morgan could do a job for us.

By Puds (Chuds)18/9 13:04Wed Sep 18 13:04:30 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 553

I'd be more, ahem, up, for games too.

By SFCfox18/9 13:02Wed Sep 18 13:02:33 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 552

Rules FFS!

By East Coast Boro18/9 09:56Wed Sep 18 09:56:18 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 666

Dear Rotterdamboro

Now you have calmed down, had a sleep, taken your tablets, would you like to reconsider (and maybe edit) your daft post from last night.?

There is a lot I've disagreed with Phil about over the years but overall he is a decent Chairman, unlike many of the Fckwit L1/L2 chairman/owners at many other clubs. (ask Bury/ Bolton / Blackburn/ Blackpool fans!).

There are still 37 more games left -111 points to play for (and only 1 relegation place!),
So come on everyone, back the players, management and chairman. This when they need our support now, not when we are doing well. (unless you are a trolls from other clubs of course - I do hope not)

DON'T PANIC .

COYB

Edited by East Coast Boro at 09:59:06 on 18th September 2019

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Rotterdamboro18/9 14:39Wed Sep 18 14:39:48 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 523

I stand by every word. The buck stops with Wallace. End of. Doesn’t matter if it s Stevenage FC or a blue chip FTSE listed company. He is the ultimate decision maker in the organisation and therefore responsible for the calamitous mess we find ourselves in. Anyone arguing otherwise is off their rocker.

By East Coast Boro18/9 15:20Wed Sep 18 15:20:49 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 509

"I stand by every word. "

Fine if that what you really think.... but some of remember MR Victor Green or Stevenage Athletic (RIP) & Stevenage Town (RIP)

BUT be careful for what you wish for!

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By AgentEves18/9 16:55Wed Sep 18 16:55:23 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 453

Just because what you have now is better than what you had before, doesn't make what you have now good.

By Rotterdamboro18/9 16:20Wed Sep 18 16:20:18 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 496

So the buck stopped with Victor but doesn’t stop with Wallace who is absolved of all blame for this mess we’re in. Is that what you’re saying?

By East Coast Boro18/9 17:11Wed Sep 18 17:11:31 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 469

I'm saying Its a long season with 39 games and 111 points to play for. A turn of luck, a few key players returning and the backing of real SUPPORTERS and it may look a lot different by the end of October.

...Or would you rather another new manager (who?) and a new Chairman (Glen Tamplin maybe)? .... Or maybe you think GW could be both at the same time (that always goes well).

Which games have you been to this season when we have been really turned over?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)18/9 19:38Wed Sep 18 19:38:55 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 346

A turn of luck and I might marry Jennifer Aniston.

By Ratman4618/9 20:17Wed Sep 18 20:17:19 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 324

I'm not divorcing her anytime soon your lucks out

By Paulio18/9 19:08Wed Sep 18 19:08:29 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 365

I’d take a couple years of Glen Tampon. Mix things up a bit.

By Rotterdamboro18/9 18:19Wed Sep 18 18:19:52 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 395

You didn't answer my question

By East Coast Boro18/9 18:13Wed Sep 18 18:13:19 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 393

typo indeed But still plenty of games to turn it round providing the team gets support

By Sev18/9 17:46Wed Sep 18 17:46:55 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 426

37 games, 111 points is correct though. So must be a typo.

We have come to expect great things at Boro and what would be more incredible than after this unbelievably bad start, we did something notable.

Once we win a game, and coincide with players returning we will be unstoppable.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Thora18/9 17:32Wed Sep 18 17:32:36 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 425

I like you.

By Thora18/9 08:04Wed Sep 18 08:04:52 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 804

Wouldn't have worded quite like that but he's right you know.

How long does "Oh, but you wouldn't have a club without him blah blah" last?

Fantastic businessman but jesus wept has he run out of ideas on how to run a football club.

There's only so long you can blame the manager(s) when it's the same time and time again.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)18/9 08:48Wed Sep 18 08:48:42 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 735

Yes, but, shiny new stand.

By Ratman4618/9 08:49Wed Sep 18 08:49:21 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 720

Does look good tho

By Thora18/9 08:55Wed Sep 18 08:55:42 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 712

At the risk of being a negative Ned and Len jumping all over me again, does it?

By Ratman4618/9 09:01Wed Sep 18 09:01:57 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 700

I think it does, finishes off the ground, what don't you like about it?

Needs some lights outside mind, very dark at night.

By Thora18/9 09:19Wed Sep 18 09:19:21 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 689

Just looks a bit soulless. Maybe once the advertising boards etc go in it'll brighten it up a bit.

By Puds (Chuds)18/9 12:09Wed Sep 18 12:09:46 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 586

It has a sandpit FFS! I am going to make a massive castle at the Cambridge game.

What more do you want?

Edited by Chuds at 12:10:15 on 18th September 2019

By East Coast Boro18/9 15:28Wed Sep 18 15:28:36 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 481

"It has a sandpit"

Somewhere for Rotterdamboro and the Wallace haters to throw their toys/keyboards around in!

By Ratman4618/9 15:50Wed Sep 18 15:50:22 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 483

And season tickets

By Ken Jude18/9 17:33Wed Sep 18 17:33:31 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 422

Tradition says they go elsewhere!

By Paulio18/9 18:48Wed Sep 18 18:48:45 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 362

Dunno what you’re talking about.

By Ratman4618/9 09:45Wed Sep 18 09:45:58 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 650

Add some North Stand fans

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)18/9 08:51Wed Sep 18 08:51:47 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 696

It does. It won’t half look shabby when all those North Terrace tramps and £99 tight arses are allowed in there.

By Freemo18/9 08:32Wed Sep 18 08:32:09 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 731

Four successive managers with zero minutes experience managing League clubs, three of whom have been sacked from previous or subsequent roles for misconduct, starts to look like a pattern.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Thora18/9 08:33Wed Sep 18 08:33:44 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 719

He's made two good managerial decisions in his whole time here and one of those was on a plate for him.

It's a definite pattern.

By Handyandy118/9 00:25Wed Sep 18 00:25:35 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 848

Oh give it a rest. I'm sick of hearing your whinging.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Copeysaurus17/9 23:49Tue Sep 17 23:49:06 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 870

Chill out fella

By Cruffers17/9 23:11Tue Sep 17 23:11:44 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 946

Stop talking horse shit.

By Rotterdamboro17/9 23:46Tue Sep 17 23:46:23 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 869

Horse shit? I don’t think so pal. That’s why you and other cockwombles on here can’t bare to be told it. Because you know it’s right. You just don’t want to see it.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Roland Rimbs (BD)18/9 08:33Wed Sep 18 08:33:34 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 720

Whoosh.

By Cruffers18/9 08:14Wed Sep 18 08:14:37 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 732

Hey kids, I’m a cockwomble!

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)18/9 08:49Wed Sep 18 08:49:36 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 690

Great Uncle Bulgaria?

By Thora18/9 08:56Wed Sep 18 08:56:03 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 671

*Ballgaria

By Cruffers18/9 08:50Wed Sep 18 08:50:43 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 683

I loved him!

By Richie Rich C17/9 22:40Tue Sep 17 22:40:26 2019In response to You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 1071

Why is it Wallace fault? Withought him you probably don’t have a club, unless you got 400 bags of sand a season going spare ?

By Puds (Chuds)18/9 00:13Wed Sep 18 00:13:55 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Because he gave the go ahead to our FUCKING HIDEOUS BADGE, which we are yet to win whilst wearing.

We tried to tell them, but they went ahead anyway with the shit demented fucking cartoon deer.

Edited by Chuds at 00:14:04 on 18th September 2019

By East Coast Boro18/9 15:31Wed Sep 18 15:31:36 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 465

......don't forget the Tree Gods are angry too!

By Rotterdamboro17/9 22:50Tue Sep 17 22:50:17 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 1041

Whose fault is it then chief? The Archbishop of fucking Canterbury? Benjamin Netanyahu? Dolly Parton? Who do you think gives the green light on transfers or the revolving door of coaches? The buck stops with him.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By fatcakzsfc18/9 10:12Wed Sep 18 10:12:36 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 622

"You're always going on about Benjamin Netanyahu, ya never going to meet him"

By Richie Rich C17/9 22:54Tue Sep 17 22:54:37 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 1008

I think it’s yours

4 people like this 4 people   

By Paulio17/9 22:43Tue Sep 17 22:43:49 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 1017

Without Jimmy Savile we wouldn’t have had top of the pops.

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)17/9 23:10Tue Sep 17 23:10:30 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 935

Yeah, but without Top of the Pops we wouldn’t have had Michael Jackson.

By Deltic 2118/9 00:10Wed Sep 18 00:10:54 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Or Pan’s People.

By Bork17/9 23:06Tue Sep 17 23:06:14 2019In response to Re: You reap what you sowTop of thread

Views: 945

A fair point that.

Previous thread: Michael Timlin by WASP17/9 18:25Tue Sep 17 18:25:56 2019view thread