ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mark Sampson: Stevenage caretaker charged with… by Ratman46Today 13:14Today at 13:14:35view thread

Oldest article: Bury Fallout by dippers17/9 18:16Sat Sep 7 18:16:06 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Another delay coming for the north stand. by WASP26/10 14:44Sat Oct 26 14:44:02 2019view thread

Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)22/10 21:38Tue Oct 22 21:38:33 2019

Views: 1817

3 points or he must go.

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

White plastic

By samborough25/10 10:06Fri Oct 25 10:06:37 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 590

cup sales have increased lately...................................

2 people dislike this 2 people

Adams

By Tony Lynchs left boot (Mr Bean)23/10 21:51Wed Oct 23 21:51:27 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 933

Derek adams Was linked to us a month ago in various Scottish newspapers.

He could still be a contender if Sampson was to go

3 people dislike this 3 people

Re: Adams

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 10:49Fri Oct 25 10:49:09 2019In response to Adams Top of thread

Views: 581

Would be a great appointment for a club who are willing to pay the going rate for an experienced manager

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Thora25/10 14:49Fri Oct 25 14:49:35 2019In response to Re: Adams Top of thread

Views: 480

And why would anyone do that?

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 15:05Fri Oct 25 15:05:33 2019In response to Re: Adams Top of thread

Views: 438

I'll tell Dino we're getting this lad Stimson or whatever his name is in to help with the coaching, tell him we want him to teach the lad about diversity after all that nonsense when he was the women's manager....

Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday

By Popeye5523/10 09:26Wed Oct 23 09:26:50 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1034

It's about time he got the sack

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Pete (PeteH)23/10 09:19Wed Oct 23 09:19:44 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 996

Sampson's Saturday Six-Pointer Showdown, surely?

By Themessiah23/10 11:54Wed Oct 23 11:54:50 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 898

Like someone else has said sampson has been here since pre season and still can't get anything out of the players so what does that prove that he isnt the man for the job and i know what people will say who do we bring in to replace him, surely there is a proven manager out there with plenty of league experience that could do the job, but like i said last night its do or die saturday for Sampson if we lose then wallace will have a lot to think about

Edited by Themessiah at 11:56:07 on 23rd October 2019

Marketing Idea..

By Owen23/10 06:40Wed Oct 23 06:40:56 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1140

All or nothing fixture against Morcambe on Saturday.

- Sampson comes with his wheelie suitcase of luggage
- Win - signs a permanent contract on the centre spot
- Lose - PW does an Alan Sugar impression and Sampson gets in a taxi off into the sunset never to be seen again

I haven't worked out what happens if it's a draw, maybe flip a coin?

2 people like this 2 people   

By Dino Maamria's Goat. (Gaz Murray)22/10 23:57Tue Oct 22 23:57:38 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1228

Fuck him off and bring GW back. At least then we would go down fighting.

10 people like this 10 people   10 people dislike this 10 people

By AgentEves22/10 22:25Tue Oct 22 22:25:25 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1386

I agree. Although I'm not even sure we give him as long as that; I think his time may already be up.

It isn't so much the performances or the results that give me cause for concern, but rather it's a) the way we are setting up (tactically) and b) the apparent inability to change the tactics depending on the way the game is developing.

Our Tactics
We set up with a 5-4-1 today. We started with 6 defenders on the pitch (1 in midfield) and only 1 striker. This is incredibly negative. I understand that we are playing away from home, and I understand that being solid defensively is an important place to start, but you can concentrate on being difficult to beat without putting 6 defenders on the pitch.

I don't have an issue with playing wing-backs. I think if implemented properly, it's actually a pretty solid formation. However, we are essentially playing a flat-5 at the back, with the wing-backs playing more like full-backs than wing-backs. Presumably we changed formations from a 4-3-3 because we were getting overloaded in wide areas, but if you're going to play a flat-5 at the back, then you're not accomplishing anything that a flat-4 wasn't doing already. You still have 3 central midfielders and no-one applying pressure in the wide areas of midfield. If anything (given our specific players) you've made it worse, because you've stopped Stokes getting forward, even though he was proving to be a fantastic outlet down the left.

Secondly, playing a centre back in midfield is another unnecessarily negative tactic. I get that he's trying to experiment and try something new, but Watts doesn't have the distribution required to play centre mid. He was a bit of a liability at the back because he kept giving the ball away, so while putting him in midfield means his mistakes aren't happening on our last line of defence, you're creating a midfield that can't retain possession.

On the subject of players out of position, I also don't think Sonoupe is a no.10/attacking midfielder. He doesn't have the distribution/creativity to play there. Sure, he's quick and seemingly half-decent running at players, but that's what wingers are meant to do. In a related point, I think we are limiting what we can get out of Charlie Carter by playing him as a traditional central midfielder. If you let him play slightly further forward, I think you'd get much more out of him and I think he could be a good link between the midfield and attack.

We don't appear to have any idea about how to transition when we eventually win the ball. It seems that our tactic is to soak up pressure and let the opposition have the majority of possession. That's fine, assuming that when we do win the ball we a) attack clinically and b) have players that can retain the ball. We don't really do/have either. I think this lack of ability to transition is largely down to the way we are being set up. I've nothing against defending first, but you have to have an idea of what to do when we eventually break, and I just don't think the players have been given a solid plan. (Even if it's down to the player's inability, then the manager should devise a tactic that mitigates the weaknesses of the players).

Our Inability to Adapt
Swindon had a lof of possession tonight and had us on the back foot, but we were getting a lot of space to counter attack. Parrett had a number of good opportunities, but they didn't quite come off. The game was there for the taking and, in my opinion, was crying out for Cowley to come on around the 65 minute mark. What is the point in bringing CMS on in the 85th minute? If you're gonna go for it, fucking go for it. Give the team a chance to go for it. Don't wait until the 85th minute. And why CMS and not Cowley? Cowley has shown he can chase and hassle defenders, so surely he's the player to bring on? Not a 34 year-old washed-up middle-of-the-road striker who we probably should never have signed in the first place.

Week after week we have seen bizarre substitutions which don't add any value to the game. I honestly can't think of a single sub, with the exception of Parrett coming on today, which was actually an attempt to positively impact the game. And even with Parrett's sub, I think it was more because he was the only player who could have realistically come on for Sonoupe that wasn't a striker or a defensive midfielder.

The players we have aren't that bad, but literally every single other team we have played this season has passed around us with ease. We show no intent on winning the ball back, are excessively defensive, and when we do get it, we don't look like we have any clue of what to do with the ball in transition. All of those things lie with Sampson.

I wanted him to succeed so badly, and maybe he still will, but I, personally, have seen enough to suggest that he is excessively negative when I just don't think we need to be.

Edited by AgentEves at 22:26:52 on 22nd October 2019
Edited by AgentEves at 22:28:18 on 22nd October 2019

12 people like this 12 people   

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)23/10 00:25Wed Oct 23 00:25:49 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1179

Good post. Couple of observations...

It was a cagey first half from us, sensible away performance. Second half we needed to be braver. But we're always in with a shout and it genuinely could have gone either way. We hoofed it far less than Saturday.

Sonupé is not a favourite of mine, but I think he's better where he played today than wide, he needs to see a lot of the ball to have any impact.

Agree with the back 5, neither Wing backs got forward enough first half, might as well have played 4.

Stokes dropped 5 yards before the rest of the defence so many times, rendering any attempt to hold the line further up ineffective.

Parrett looked good, he can create space and pick a pass. We have to keep him fit to win a few games. Without him our midfield is Conf standard.

Byrom, and later Timlin outplayed by Anthony fucking Grant, who didn't break sweat, let alone break into a jog tonight. Doughty can still pass a football mind you.

Byrom's dead ball deliveries are Sunday League standard, so many wasted floated or overhit free kicks. We must have someone who can whip a decent cross in surely?

Our ability to switch play from left to right at pace is non existent, we need to move the ball across the pitch quicker if we want to create some space. It was pedestrian.

So wanted Cowley on for the last 20. Should have benched Byrom or Watts for him and taken the gamble.

Cuthbert should have buried his free header however.

3 people like this 3 people   

By SFCfox23/10 09:36Wed Oct 23 09:36:58 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 904

Byrom's delivery isn't the issue, he puts in some beauties. No fucker moves for it. The game plan is to aim for Nugent. For some reason Nugent and Cuthbert win headers for fun in their own half, in the opposition area though don't win a thing!

By Pat (PatJ5)23/10 09:24Wed Oct 23 09:24:43 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 908

I think Sonupe is best when he is played not at all...

There's no excuse for poor delivery from free kicks and corners. It's something that even a talentless schmo like me can practice and get good at.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Deano (deanos13)23/10 09:51Wed Oct 23 09:51:26 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 904

Depends on where you are told to hit them.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)23/10 10:35Wed Oct 23 10:35:42 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 853

*overhit

High, looping, slow, not whipped.

By Dino Maamria's Goat. (Gaz Murray)23/10 00:02Wed Oct 23 00:02:06 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1139

Post of the season ^^^^^

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SFCfox22/10 22:38Tue Oct 22 22:38:19 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1300

Good post. I want Sampson to succeed so badly. I'd take a modern day manager at the helm over a washed-up journeyman any day.

The football has got a lot better since Mark has been in charge, we just can't put the ball in the net. Annoyingly we finally get the core players back fit making us hard to beat but now we're lacking attacking options due to injuries, sigh.

I honestly think Sampson will get us out of this shit. What would be nice is if the retards would stop losing their minds every time we lose.

9 people like this 9 people   9 people dislike this 9 people

By SFA22/10 23:30Tue Oct 22 23:30:04 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1171

Is there any need to call people retards? How many more losses are necessary before you'll find it acceptable for people to complain?

7 people like this 7 people   

By SFCfox22/10 23:35Tue Oct 22 23:35:39 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1157

OK perhaps my choice of language was a little off. I haven't got a problem with sensible, constructive complaining.

It's the people that lose their minds that wind me up. As soon as it's full time they're on here "omg we need a new manager now!! get Ian Holloway lol" types.

By Ratman4623/10 19:44Wed Oct 23 19:44:11 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 739

What's your opinion on the ones who see only positives in every game and think MS is the second coming?

By Deano (deanos13)22/10 22:51Tue Oct 22 22:51:44 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1238

I wanted Sarll to succeed so badly. He had Stevenage at heart and I wasn't his biggest fan. Probably looking back, unjustified. I don't understand why you want Mark to?

The only injury I can think of in an attacking sense is Newton. And yes sigh. Who else?? List?? who we know runs fast.

There is no evidence to suggest he'll get us out of this. I think your post is just words and almost Farley-esque

11 people like this 11 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Pat (PatJ5)23/10 09:26Wed Oct 23 09:26:13 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 895

"Farley-esque" Brutal :-o

By Puds (Chuds)22/10 23:30Tue Oct 22 23:30:05 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1200

I forgot about List!

Damn. I like him.

By AgentEves23/10 21:44Wed Oct 23 21:44:14 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 690

This surprises me. I always thought your opinion about football was pretty spot on. I guess not. :)

By Puds (Chuds)23/10 23:00Wed Oct 23 23:00:33 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 656

He run fast. Vroom vroom.

We need fast running man in team as we gots none.

By Sev23/10 23:13Wed Oct 23 23:13:59 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 654

My first impression of him was good, but he hasn't done a lot since, but first impressions last. So I still consider him good.

By SFCfox22/10 22:56Tue Oct 22 22:56:38 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1189

I'm just having a bit of blind optimism, not on Farley's level though!

As much as GW is a hero, what makes others think it'll work with a squad that isn't his? His teams go backwards before they turn upwards which we haven't got time for.

Edited by SFCfox at 22:56:49 on 22nd October 2019

By Deano (deanos13)22/10 23:02Tue Oct 22 23:02:30 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1210

Notts County had 12 points from 15 last season. I said to Dino after 5 that this could be another one. He obviously disagreed. But it will be. This can't and won't continue. God knows what's next.

Coppell didn't materialise. We have no league 2 experience in that dugout. Revs is a great human being. But is he what we need? Right now?

This squad WON'T work with GW. Obvious. There isn't enough grafters. There's no Mous. There's no Ronnie. There's no Beardo. There's no Boz.

This squad actually could do with a Ronnie at Bragbury every fucking day.

By Ratman4623/10 19:52Wed Oct 23 19:52:07 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 719

Agree.

But what about Parrett? I'd expect him to step up to the plate, played his best football under GW, would surely support him and should be someone who knows what it's about and lead others, as should Joel.

Interesting that PW put AR as MS number 2 and not Ronnie. It seems as we're desperate to get discard what made us so good.

Ronnie as GW's assistant anyone?

By East Coast Boro23/10 22:29Wed Oct 23 22:29:50 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 650

Ronnie is still playing @ Billy Ricky

By Telboy23/10 09:24Wed Oct 23 09:24:48 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 903

In this post you have knocked the nail on the head (not in Sampson’s coffin).

Although GW gave us amazing times, he has had his day and given us ours. It really is time to move on.

In a modern young manager he or she (why not) will be in tune with the young players and have modern techniques. ( I know what some of you are thinking but let’s be serious)

Frustrating as it is we are not doing very well which is probably an understatement but Sampson will hopefully be our saviour. If it fails with him at the helm it will fail with any manager.

None of us really knows what is going on behind the scenes with this group of players but what I see game after game is a team absolutely invigorated for the first 15mins of a game then it falls away.

This tells me the manager we have has the skills to give this set of players a positive attitude but then it wains when things do not pan out as expected.

When it wains it seems as if any game plan goes to the wall and we fall apart.

How can that be down to the manager.

As mentioned before you cannot make a silk purse from a sours ear.

A win on Saturday will be just the tonic.

COYB - which is one thing we all agree with!

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 15:09Fri Oct 25 15:09:50 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 360

I think Sow's ear..

yours,

P Dant

By Deltic 2126/10 09:29Sat Oct 26 09:29:35 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 210

And *wane(s)...

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Jonnym823/10 21:09Wed Oct 23 21:09:50 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 675

I read a good article recently about how teams that are struggling often start games strongly because they spend the week building themselves up and working on a game plan as to how they can improve but after 15/20 minutes they redress to their level, because they’re actually not very good.

By Sev23/10 09:53Wed Oct 23 09:53:45 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 860

My concerns about Samspon are he has been here since day 1. He was part of the problem so not sure he can be the solution. If he came in as a new manager I wouldnt even be entering the thought of dismissing him so early buy he has been here since the summer.

I've also been concerned about the subs he makes.

But as I said elsewhere, may as well give him the chance to prove himself in some more winnable games.

By Deano (deanos13)23/10 09:53Wed Oct 23 09:53:38 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 869

I was more aiming this at the playing personel we have now.

Personally if Phil rang me and said go pick GW up from Westley Towers, i'd be in the old Sportage and drop everything.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Telboy23/10 19:20Wed Oct 23 19:20:34 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 734

God forbid if you do pick GW up, please Deano, don't drop him!!...we have enough injuries on our hands :0

It is so easy to say get GW back but would he want to come back or does he need to come back. He has achieved more than any other manager in our history so he could be setting himself up to fail.

My guess is he doesn't need the money. I would suggest it doubtful if he even wants to come back? Who knows, maybe PW does.

If he does come back, I would be relieved for a while. After the initial razzmatazz and excitement of our hero coming back to save us; what would we feel like if he fails to get to grips with this group of players and it all turns sour? What then? Get Sarll back, get Dino back or maybe Stimmo...yes Stimmo for me if we have this scenario.

In the meantime, we are not in dire straits so I would say give Sampson at least until Christmas.

By AgentEves24/10 18:30Thu Oct 24 18:30:52 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 533

"would he want to come back"

Yes.

"does he need to come back"

Yes.

"He has achieved more than any other manager in our history so he could be setting himself up to fail."

He wouldn't fail, if given enough time. I don't know what it is, but has obviously has a screening process that weeds out the riff-raff players from the good ones. Sure, there's a fair share of players that don't work out in terms of ability, but their attitude/effort level is almost always unquestionable.

He hasn't only achieved more than any other manager at Stevenage, but also more than most managers at this level, and with a team with a modest budget compared to most.

It's not about going backwards and longing for the past, or not being able to move on, it's about recognizing that he is one of the top managers at this level (at least with us/with a Chairman who isn't trigger happy) and wanting to bring someone in who we can be confident in. I'm all for trying new managers and trying to move forward, but if all the other managerial options are crap, then why wouldn't you bring in someone who's proved that he can achieve something at this level? Everyone says they want someone experienced in League Two... but who else fits that bill (that is willing to come to Stevenage)?

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By MSFC (MSFC)25/10 17:08Fri Oct 25 17:08:04 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 332

His record with other teams apart from us in the league is pretty bad. If we get relegated to the conference I would entertain the idea. Give him a two year project to get us back to the league. At the moment though I just can't see it working.

This squad and Westley just wouldn't get on. It would be a bloodbath with half the squad playing with the under 12 team and us signing players willy nilly in a scatter gun approach. Dino couldn't play Westley style football with this squad. Do you think Westley would do any better?

If Sampson fails and I think we will know by the latter parts of November then I am all for someone like Adams who we have been linked with being given a chance.

By AgentEves25/10 20:55Fri Oct 25 20:55:11 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 269

If you went to the shop and bought an imitation pair of Nike trainers, and they gave you blisters, would you claim that a pair of proper Nike trainers would surely give you blisters too?

Dino isn't Westley. There was almost nothing about our play that suggested that's even what Dino was trying to imitate, either. So yes, I do think Westley would do better. We have a January transfer window coming up, so even if he didn't like the players, I'm sure there's plenty of players floating around in Non-League that could be put to good use.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 15:07Fri Oct 25 15:07:50 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 360

You said he's one of the top managers at this level. Then you qualified that statement. You probably needed to. Because he isn't one of the top managers at this level.

By AgentEves25/10 16:51Fri Oct 25 16:51:15 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 327

Just out of curiosity, who do you consider to be a top manager at this level?

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 20:34Fri Oct 25 20:34:54 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 270

Cowleys are the new Wezza shirley?

Derek Adamz

By Paulio25/10 00:41Fri Oct 25 00:41:47 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 462

“ I don't know what it is, but has obviously has a screening process that weeds out the riff-raff players from the good ones. Sure, there's a fair share of players that don't work out in terms of ability, but their attitude/effort level is almost always unquestionable.”

He falls out with more players than any other manager I know 😂😂😂

By AgentEves25/10 16:52Fri Oct 25 16:52:05 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 319

"He falls out with more players than any other manager I know"

Because they don't meet his standards? Is that not part of the screening process?

By Paulio25/10 16:58Fri Oct 25 16:58:05 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 317

Poor Matt Hocking 😢

By Pat (PatJ5)25/10 18:34Fri Oct 25 18:34:30 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 278

Hocking by name, Hocking by nature.

By Deano (deanos13)25/10 10:00Fri Oct 25 10:00:38 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 436

Trouble is, we don't know all about other clubs. Let's see how many of our old boys stay at Ebbsfleet now Kevin Watson is in charge......

By Cruffers25/10 10:06Fri Oct 25 10:06:28 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 416

I’d disagree with that. There’s a few people on here that claim to know everything about every game and every player every week from Championship down to Conf South.

By Owen23/10 19:22Wed Oct 23 19:22:16 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 737

Why would we get Sarll or Dino back when they failed? The whole point of GW is that he was a success.

By Puds (Chuds)23/10 21:22Wed Oct 23 21:22:12 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 712

Not in his last spell.

By AgentEves24/10 18:32Thu Oct 24 18:32:35 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 515

Name another Stevenage manager who has gotten us into the League Two playoffs.

By Paulio25/10 00:42Fri Oct 25 00:42:27 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 465

Gary Smith would have, but he never got relegated from League One.

By AgentEves25/10 16:53Fri Oct 25 16:53:32 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 314

Didn't answer my question, did you?

By Paulio25/10 16:57Fri Oct 25 16:57:34 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 315

That wouldn’t benefit my trolling.

By Pat (PatJ5)25/10 07:14Fri Oct 25 07:14:27 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 442

His recruitment did.

By Paulio25/10 08:26Fri Oct 25 08:26:26 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 441

Leon Hunter’s.

By Owen24/10 06:38Thu Oct 24 06:38:58 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 623

Wasn't really my point though. Never mind.

By Telboy23/10 19:25Wed Oct 23 19:25:46 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 714

We are also aware that GW failed to keep us up when he took over from Smith when Boro were on freefall.

By AgentEves24/10 18:38Thu Oct 24 18:38:06 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 500

That may be true, but it was also League One, where we were, let's be honest, a little out of our depth.

We are in League Two, where the "attitude is more important than ability" mantra still works well.

Looking longer term, I genuinely think that if we go into League One with momentum and a solid squad, I think we would fair much better.

Westley picking up a small team in League One and trying to transform them is a huge ask. Many many managers would struggle. I'm not making excuses, I just don't think his competency as a manager in League Two should be measured by his ability to transform a small club in League One.

By Owen23/10 19:28Wed Oct 23 19:28:12 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 709

That wasn't last time though. My point is that he has been successful in the past. There would be no reason to go back to Sarll or Dino.

By Puds (Chuds)23/10 21:24Wed Oct 23 21:24:41 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 694

I'd rather we didn't go back to anyone. Likewise with our old players every time one of them leaves a club and our fans clamour to sign them again as if they would suddenly create their success from seven years ago.

By Paulio23/10 21:32Wed Oct 23 21:32:40 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 667

Bring back Stimmo

By Telboy23/10 19:29Wed Oct 23 19:29:17 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 712

However, for whatever the reason GW took over he had no interest in his inherited players. I remember his defeatist body language. It seemed like see this season out and go again next.

Is that what we want?

By Ratman4623/10 20:06Wed Oct 23 20:06:26 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 695

Disagree, the team/performance up until DP busted his knee cap against MK at home when 2-0 up for me sealed our fate. I think we'd have stayed up if DP hadn't got injured and we'd been awarded the penalty and Bira didn't have a 50p head to concede that corner.

Fine margins.

The week after at Northampton was when we knew we where going down.

By AgentEves24/10 18:46Thu Oct 24 18:46:15 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 508

That loss against MK was DEFINITELY the turning point. We were unbeaten in the previous 5, with 2 wins and 3 draws, and we had built up a little momentum. I remember thinking at the time that even if we had of only picked up a point in that game, we would have stayed up. You could tell when that final goal went in, that it was all over.

Look, Westley isn't perfect, but at least he has shown he can achieve things. Most other managers at this level are imperfect and have no previous successes to claim.

We can either keep trying new managers, for them to potentially all turn out to be shit, or we can try Westley again. Either he turns out to be shit, the same as every other manager we have hired since, or he turns out to be great. He's less of a gamble than someone completely unknown, and, at absolute worst, he turns out to be just as bad as one of the unknowns. In terms of results, he can't really be any worse than Dino or Sampson have started this season.

Edited by AgentEves at 18:46:30 on 24th October 2019

By Dino Maamria's Goat. (Gaz Murray)24/10 23:58Thu Oct 24 23:58:34 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 459

I punched the back of the north stand so hard after that 3rd MK goal. It was at that point that I knew relegation was imminent.

By Paulio25/10 00:44Fri Oct 25 00:44:14 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 447

They had the knock the north stand down after you did that.

By East Coast Boro23/10 22:32Wed Oct 23 22:32:47 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 651

And Tuesday wasn't fine margins?

By Ratman4624/10 07:46Thu Oct 24 07:46:14 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 599

Nope because we've consistently been saying that every week even when Dino was in charge.

By Owen23/10 19:32Wed Oct 23 19:32:41 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 707

You're missing my point. It's not whether we or I want GW back. It's challenging your question/statement

What then? Get Sarll back, get Dino...?

My point is no because they were shit.

Nothing to do with wanting GW back or not.

By Telboy23/10 19:45Wed Oct 23 19:45:43 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 707

It was making the point... who the heck would we get in after so many managerial dismissals in such a short time.

I would like to correct you, GW did take us down in his last spell. That said, and obviously what you remember, is he nearly got us promoted the following season but for that loss at Roots Hall.

Coincidentally this was sadly GW's last game in charge although I'm sure he would have built much success the following season.

The way he fell out of favour with PW is clear to see as it opened the door for the infamous Sherringham.

So why would he want to come back anyway.

By AgentEves24/10 18:47Thu Oct 24 18:47:46 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 509

Did he fall out with PW? Or did he fall out with the Cunt that Shan't be Named?

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 15:13Fri Oct 25 15:13:16 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 340

GW would bench press Barry Webber to death and I for one would love to watch

By Owen23/10 19:49Wed Oct 23 19:49:44 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 716

Who knows who we get next? I didn't see GW come back the previous 27 times! Haha.

I guess the thing we all want to avoid is going through another couple of managers in the remainder of the season. So for now I suppose we hope Sampson starts putting points on the board, although probably only has a handful of games to turn it around.

If the worst comes to the worst and Sampson's position becomes untenable, then us fans embrace the chaos and enjoy wherever the ride takes us.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 15:13Fri Oct 25 15:13:59 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 353

It would be nice to have a competent manager, then we wouldn't have this boring thread every 6-12 months.

By Specky (Mike H)25/10 18:45Fri Oct 25 18:45:54 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 278

Don't you mean 6-12 weeks?

By AgentEves25/10 17:01Fri Oct 25 17:01:10 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 323

But this goes back to my point... I don't think there are many competent managers at this level... anyone who does well gets promoted, or poached.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/10 20:40Fri Oct 25 20:40:12 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 253

My point is that an experienced manager of the Famous 92 + 15 or a gun National Leaguer would be good. Preferably playing football like Stimmo, just because even I need to see the ball passed every decade or so.

Unfortunately, unless Wallace is in the thrall of one of his East End opium club weirdos (passim Peter / Teddy) he will not pay for a decent candidate.

By Owen25/10 15:23Fri Oct 25 15:23:20 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 366

Would also be nice to watch the occasional win.

By East Coast Boro25/10 20:50Fri Oct 25 20:50:29 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 267

Didn't you make the last home game then?

By Deltic 2126/10 09:50Sat Oct 26 09:50:57 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 206

That’s definitely what I call an OCCASIONAL win! 😊

By Owen26/10 10:09Sat Oct 26 10:09:37 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 184

Jesus. Someone had their pedantic pants on. Not even sure once even counts as occasional.

By Puds (Chuds)26/10 11:23Sat Oct 26 11:23:42 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 163

Twice.

By Telboy23/10 20:00Wed Oct 23 20:00:06 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 696

Agreed...it all adds to the spice of Borochat...nothing like us losing a game to get tongues wagging hahaha.

This is a great forum putting forward many good points and ideas.

Long may it continue.

Why did I remind myself of that evening at Roots Hall...we were ahead and then lost out right at the end..manager and match.

By Ratman4623/10 20:11Wed Oct 23 20:11:18 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 698

He already knew he was gone, was trying to get us another trip to our training pitch.

I'd like to think we'd have won that as well, just as we'd have we'd gone on to the Championship if he'd not gone to PNE, Sliding Doors...

By AndyC22/10 23:25Tue Oct 22 23:25:36 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1142

If we could get Ronnie, Robbo and Daisy down to training every day that would be lovely, please.

By Penguinboro22/10 22:43Tue Oct 22 22:43:50 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1218

We our bottom their is absolutely nothing positive about the way we play. We lack creativity and cant score goals what is positive about the way we play?

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By SFCfox22/10 22:47Tue Oct 22 22:47:09 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1208

It isn't aimless hoofball. I'd say it's a positive work in progress.

4 people like this 4 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Mr Happy SFC22/10 22:48Tue Oct 22 22:48:05 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1199

We had 10 shots to Swindon's 9. I'd say that was pretty positive.

By SFCfox22/10 22:53Tue Oct 22 22:53:02 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1198

No room for facts here.

By SFA22/10 23:09Tue Oct 22 23:09:33 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1154

There is. For example, it's a fact that we are bottom of the league, over a quarter of the way through the season.

Edited by SFA at 23:09:52 on 22nd October 2019

By SFCfox22/10 23:37Tue Oct 22 23:37:28 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1151

Yep. What gives me hope is that we're yet to get smashed. When we start losing 4-0 week in week out that's when the fear of relegation will hit me.

By Ratman4623/10 20:15Wed Oct 23 20:15:15 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 729

So losing 1-0 every other week with a draw thrown in and 1 win every 15 games is hope?

Fuck a duck, I want what you're smoking.

By SFCfox23/10 20:40Wed Oct 23 20:40:05 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 725

Did i say that? Nope 😂 But thanks for your patronising input! What i was trying to say is we're not getting spanked so once we start scoring we'll be fine.

You is simples.

1 person likes this 1 person   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Ratman4624/10 07:54Thu Oct 24 07:54:19 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 619

Wasn't patronising but hey ho we all read things differently.

Thanks for the insult, enjoy your day👍

By Owen23/10 20:17Wed Oct 23 20:17:56 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 701

We're literally on target for 28 points and I'm rounding up. 28.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Deano (deanos13)23/10 00:03Wed Oct 23 00:03:59 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1122

LOL!

By SFCfox23/10 00:07Wed Oct 23 00:07:36 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1105

Because Ronnie Henry's holy presence on the training ground is obviously the answer 😂

By Deano (deanos13)23/10 00:12Wed Oct 23 00:12:57 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1108

Do you think you'd ever here him saying 'I like the manager?'.

There were standards to be attained. He attained them every single day. Even when Gary Smith was fucking him off.

By Ratman4623/10 20:17Wed Oct 23 20:17:38 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 686

That worked out well for GS.... Trying to remove what makes Stevenage Stevenage.

By SFCfox23/10 07:19Wed Oct 23 07:19:53 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 963

I don't know, i go for the football not to make friends with the players.

I'd like to think some of the older heads have the same high standards.

By Penguinboro22/10 22:52Tue Oct 22 22:52:41 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1163

We lost... again

By Willo922/10 23:10Tue Oct 22 23:10:00 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1142

The cold light of day is that Sampson has to get 3 points Saturday, anything less and he must be moved on. It's a results business, he's a good coach by all accounts but that's irrelevant if we are bottom and he isn't winning, i think we agree that this squad should be higher in the league so it's down to the manager. I agreed though "last chance saloon Saturday"

7 people like this 7 people   

By Sev23/10 08:26Wed Oct 23 08:26:19 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 913

I agree Saturday would be a huge blow.

What we need to remember however is that if we are a say 20th placed side in terms of quality/work then we arent going to win many games this season, and most teams, like Swindon, are going to beat us, whoever isnin charge.

The important games are our home games and against those around us. We already lost to Carlisle at home, as Chuds pointed out to me, what a shit result that looks now.

But if we did lose to Morecambe, would that e the best time for wholesale changes, with important game v Scunthorpe (although I think they will be put of the fight soon enough) and Oldham coming up.

I guess since some of the players love their jobs so much at the moment, despite being bottom, then sacking this particular manager would shake things up. How they respond to that I don't know.

I'd still give Sampson until December. Then a new guy can come in, assess and if need be do stuff in January to get in what is needed.

By Themessiah22/10 23:28Tue Oct 22 23:28:19 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1124

Simple saturday if we score first we can't sit back on it we need to go for the jugular and smash them like what we did against grimsby for first 60 minutes. where we looked hungry to score more goals and defend well but with sampson it seems we cant do both its either all out attack or sit back and defend, If we can't win the next 3 games we might as well pack up for national league next season

By Mr Happy SFC22/10 23:00Tue Oct 22 23:00:13 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1154

You asked what's positive about the way we play and I told you. Had you asked why we score so few goals from that positive play, I couldn't have told you.

By AndyC22/10 23:31Tue Oct 22 23:31:03 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1106

Being able to tip tap the ball around in non dangerous areas is one thing. Being able to create clear goal scoring opportunities where you are 1 on 1 with the keeper, and being able to operate under pressure to actually finish is quite another. You say we had 10 shots, but BBC says we only had 1 on target, which is nowhere near good enough

By Mr Happy SFC23/10 07:57Wed Oct 23 07:57:55 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 943

The statement was that there is nothing positive about the way we play, but clearly there is to create so many chances. You're right of course. Listening to the commentary, we had some very good chances, but didnt trouble the keeper with them.

By Ratman4623/10 20:25Wed Oct 23 20:25:02 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 693

And had 30% possession, good to see we're playing the ball about, retaining possession and not hoofing it long like we did under Dino....

By Mr Happy SFC23/10 20:57Wed Oct 23 20:57:42 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 693

Possession stats mean bugger all in winning or losing a football match.

By Ratman4624/10 07:49Thu Oct 24 07:49:31 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 602

We're not doing very much of either but we are losing more so I'd say they do.

By Mr Happy SFC24/10 09:04Thu Oct 24 09:04:36 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 600

We'll have to differ on that one.

By Deano (deanos13)24/10 17:09Thu Oct 24 17:09:03 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 552

Surely if we had more possession it would mean we are giving ourselves a better chance of winning a football match?

Yes you sometimes see a team fluke a win with 31% possession but not regularly

By Mr Happy SFC24/10 18:33Thu Oct 24 18:33:31 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 561

I thinkits quite often the case that the winner has lower possession stats.

By Thora24/10 19:34Thu Oct 24 19:34:18 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 512

That's one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here.

Bravo.

By Mr Happy SFC24/10 22:27Thu Oct 24 22:27:32 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 476

Really? Thanks.

Edited by Mr Happy SFC at 22:30:01 on 24th October 2019

By Ratman4624/10 19:17Thu Oct 24 19:17:59 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 544

Got any facts to back that up?

By Mr Happy SFC24/10 22:28Thu Oct 24 22:28:56 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 487

No, and I can't be arsed to find them, but next time I see one, I might raise the effort to point it out.

Edit. In any case, my original point had nothing to do with possession, you threw that into the mix. I was discussing the statement that there is nothing positive about the way we play and was suggesting that the number of shots was an indication of positivity.

Edited by Mr Happy SFC at 23:14:46 on 24th October 2019

By Ratman4624/10 18:11Thu Oct 24 18:11:07 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 518

Like when we beat Burton with zero shots on target.

#GWGenius

By Deano (deanos13)24/10 23:00Thu Oct 24 23:00:22 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 470

I actually sent a message to the gaffer that evening. I said well done for the win without having a shot on target.

His reply 'so I'm a magician as well as a football manager'. I miss that wit.

I also made Phil Edwards spit his beer out after that game but can't remember why now.

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)24/10 17:28Thu Oct 24 17:28:14 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 511

"There's the ball, look after it"

Brian Clough team talk.

By Ratman4624/10 18:07Thu Oct 24 18:07:36 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 498

Thankfully Pep disagrees with Mr Clough and coaches his team to only have 30% possession every game, he's a genius as they win most weeks.

By Ratman4622/10 22:29Tue Oct 22 22:29:02 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1226

Very good post 👍

Edited by Ratman46 at 22:29:13 on 22nd October 2019

It's a step in the right direction

By Copeysaurus22/10 21:50Tue Oct 22 21:50:29 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1502

We've improved our superior goal difference over Morcambe by 1 goal.

We are improving with each game!

National league

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)22/10 21:47Tue Oct 22 21:47:57 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1579

Just had a first look in years at the National league table.
It's like a graveyard for ex league teams.
Make no mistake, we are being dragged down to join them.

8 people like this 8 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: National league

By Telboy22/10 21:53Tue Oct 22 21:53:20 2019In response to National league Top of thread

Views: 1482

Keep calm, we will not go down.

There are a number of teams at the bottom that are struggling. We will not be in that last spot.

3 people like this 3 people   6 people dislike this 6 people

By Owen23/10 06:34Wed Oct 23 06:34:34 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1057

Yes and no. We look competent in patches, but we're still not picking up many points. I'm concerned, to be honest.

By Sev22/10 22:21Tue Oct 22 22:21:19 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1253

It's nice to be positive but that is a very dangerous mind set. Complacency when you are bottom is asking for trouble.

We should be worried and they should all be motivated by that worry.

Just saying everything will be fine and not actually addressing the problems will not see is progress.

Yes we are good enough to stay up but only if we realise we need to step it up and not just have faith it'll all be fine.

By Copeysaurus22/10 22:15Tue Oct 22 22:15:46 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1292

I still back us to stay up. But we are certainly in more trouble than some think.

Weren’t Notts County supposed to win the league last season?

By Deltic 2122/10 22:12Tue Oct 22 22:12:25 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1291

Someone has to be, and right now we’re doing a very good impression of the team that wants it the most!

By Ratman4622/10 22:11Tue Oct 22 22:11:11 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1289

Agree, we're too good to go down

By Mr Happy SFC22/10 22:13Tue Oct 22 22:13:27 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1265

That sort of statement worries me.

5 people like this 5 people   

By AndyC22/10 23:36Tue Oct 22 23:36:06 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1157

Yep, no one is too good to go down

By SFCfox22/10 22:05Tue Oct 22 22:05:26 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1300

Saturday is big. Parrett was different class when he came on, has that touch of class we've missed since the season started.

Where the fuck is Newton and List? Even Kenners for that matter.

Can't we have a fully fit squad just once!

By AgentEves22/10 22:35Tue Oct 22 22:35:12 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1213

List can stay wherever he is, tbh.

If we can get a team out of the below, I think we'd start winning games:

Farman
TVC - Cuthbert - Nugent
Wildin - Carter - Soares - Parrett - Stokes
Guthrie - Cowley

(with Newton and Kennedy to come off the bench)

Unfortunately, outside of those 13, I don't think many players are really up to it.

By Sev22/10 22:39Tue Oct 22 22:39:15 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1183

That would probably be my first 11 when all fit. Cowley/Newton a debate.

By Mr Happy SFC22/10 22:42Tue Oct 22 22:42:37 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1190

Can't argue with that. When he signed, I thought Digby was a good signing. I wonder if he'll ever play.

Edited by Mr Happy SFC at 22:42:50 on 22nd October 2019

By SFA22/10 22:03Tue Oct 22 22:03:05 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1313

Everything so far suggests that we are worse than those other teams.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)22/10 21:56Tue Oct 22 21:56:00 2019In response to Re: National league Top of thread

Views: 1367

Yeah. We are the ones struggling the most.

By Borominister22/10 21:45Tue Oct 22 21:45:55 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1486

Should go now what difference is saturday going make

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Mercury 8822/10 21:44Tue Oct 22 21:44:07 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1494

The guy has had enough time now. Get rid tomorrow instead.

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By East Coast Boro22/10 22:16Tue Oct 22 22:16:54 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1267

Some would rather we get rid of you instead when you are in this mood!

Relax we will be OK,

Edited by East Coast Boro at 22:18:25 on 22nd October 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Mercury 8823/10 08:17Wed Oct 23 08:17:36 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 933

Of course we will be fine. I mean look ,Sampson has only had since September to turn things around and so far he's done a marvellous job by winning one game.

yeah your so right East Coast Boro.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By East Coast Boro23/10 18:42Wed Oct 23 18:42:55 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 739

When you've watched/suffered footie at all levels for 50+ years as I have, you come to realise that no team wins a league by October and the relegation issues have many twists and turn yet to play out. Clubs who appoint their 3rd Manager by Halloween usually end up making panic choices and then panic again in Jan/Feb and end up deep in the smelly stuff.

I'm sure PW will have given MS until the FAC1. So far we haven't been hammered and some progress has been seen. So lets all calm down and get behind the MS & the lads and who knows the Footie Gods may smile on us at long last.

Of course if it all goes belly up in the next 3 games then PW WILL react to sure up his investments and give a new (hopefully not old) manager a few weeks to understand the players before the next transfer window. Then PW will splash the cash if needs be (lets hope the recruitment is better than last time).

Of course I may just be a deluded ****!

By Borominister22/10 21:45Tue Oct 22 21:45:10 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1495

Out out out

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By East Coast Boro22/10 22:20Tue Oct 22 22:20:32 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1230

You're leaving borochat?

By Borominister22/10 22:24Tue Oct 22 22:24:20 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1253

Another diluded c*** ile leave when I say I'm going leave no positives again out of tonight and all u can say is "we going be ok" I give up.

Edited by Eazy at 23:12:27 on 22nd October 2019

4 people dislike this 4 people

By AgentEves22/10 22:32Tue Oct 22 22:32:16 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1211

Better to be deluded than illiterate.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Borominister23/10 08:03Wed Oct 23 08:03:17 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 927

I dont think so

By East Coast Boro22/10 22:29Tue Oct 22 22:29:04 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1208

Umm Abuse, always a sign of loosing an argument.

"I give up

Well some good news tonight."

By Borominister23/10 08:04Wed Oct 23 08:04:23 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 935

I've lost no argument just u clearly cant see other people's opinions but ur own.

By East Coast Boro23/10 18:48Wed Oct 23 18:48:11 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 729

Actually I like looking at other opinions and debating them (without resorting to foul abuse) with fellow fans. That is what makes footie such a great game. Everyone has and is intitled to a viewpoint.

By Telboy22/10 21:44Tue Oct 22 21:44:06 2019In response to Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1512

Rubbish, just because we are losing in this mick the mouse cup.

Anyway, his replacement takes over at Southend on Saturday.

By Mercury 8822/10 21:45Tue Oct 22 21:45:36 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1492

Southend are welcome to him.

Edited by Mercury 88 at 21:47:02 on 22nd October 2019

By Cruffers22/10 22:17Tue Oct 22 22:17:26 2019In response to Re: Last chance saloon for Sampson Saturday Top of thread

Views: 1241

And he wasn’t even first choice there.

Previous thread: Steve Morison by RobW SFC24/10 19:35Thu Oct 24 19:35:03 2019view thread