ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mark Sampson: Stevenage caretaker charged with… by Ratman46Today 13:14Today at 13:14:35view thread

Oldest article: Bury Fallout by dippers17/9 18:16Sat Sep 7 18:16:06 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Herts Senior Cup Tie Postponed by Pat6/11 11:37Wed Nov 6 11:37:24 2019view thread

Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fine

By Bladders (BALDOCKBORO)7/11 17:23Thu Nov 7 17:23:56 2019

Views: 771

As Macclesfield's players have now gone on strike over unpaid wages.

Which is sure to cost the club a hefty points deduction.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fine

By Deltic 218/11 21:29Fri Nov 8 21:29:28 2019In response to Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fineTop of thread

Views: 199

It’s quite depressing to see we’ve come to this - hoping Macclesfield go bust to save us from relegation out of the FL. We’re not even worried about finishing above Morecambe in this scenario!

F... F... S... 🙁

Edited by Deltic 21 at 21:31:31 on 8th November 2019

3 people like this 3 people   

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)7/11 17:47Thu Nov 7 17:47:27 2019In response to Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fineTop of thread

Views: 671

Hope so.

By Puds (Chuds)7/11 17:26Thu Nov 7 17:26:05 2019In response to Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fineTop of thread

Views: 689

Fucking hope so, I make a tidy sum if they finish bottom two.

Edit: And for us staying up, natch.

Edited by Chuds at 17:26:40 on 7th November 2019

By East Coast Boro7/11 18:58Thu Nov 7 18:58:30 2019In response to Re: Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fineTop of thread

Views: 592

BBC
Macclesfield players have gone on strike over unpaid wages, putting the club's place in the the FA Cup both this season and in 2020-21 at risk. Players did not train on Wednesday and will refuse to turn out against Kingstonian in round one on Sunday unless they receive October's wages.

FA Cup rules state that an unsatisfactory reason for withdrawing from the competition could see a club barred from it the following season. Some staff members are also on strike.

The Football Association's professional game board, who make decisions on the organisation and management of the Cup, "shall take such action as it deems appropriate" where a club fails to fulfil a fixture.

Rule 7 (d) of the FA Cup rules states: "A club failing to give satisfactory reason for withdrawing from the competition shall in addition to any other action considered appropriate not be allowed to enter the competition in the following season and shall be liable to such fine as the professional game board considers appropriate."

Going on strike and putting the club's place in the Cup in jeopardy is the latest move taken by players against the Moss Rose club. Macclesfield have previously been taken to court by players over unpaid wages and in May, under then manager Sol Campbell, they considered boycotting the final match of last season for similar reasons. Money earned in the competition has previously helped League Two side Macclesfield survive.
And while defeat in the first round would earn the club nothing, getting through to round two is worth £36,000 in prize money.

However ....

By East Coast Boro7/11 19:01Thu Nov 7 19:01:14 2019In response to Re: Even if we finish below Morecambe and Oldham we'll be fineTop of thread

Views: 621

BBC
Joe Sealey, the son of former Manchester United goalkeeper Les, says he wants to buy Macclesfield Town and can help sustain the League Two club. The Silkmen are 15th in League Two but have experienced financial troubles, leading to players going unpaid. The club's FA Cup place this season is at risk as players went on strike ahead of Sunday's tie against Kingstonian.

"People are not being paid, there's no security. No one knows what's going on. I think we can change that," he said. Speaking to BBC Radio Manchester, local businessman Sealey continued: "We think we can sustain the club, help build it and grow it. Macclesfield is a local club. It's never, in my opinion, going to be Premier League. "I've been in contact with the chairman and owner and the manager of the football club. I live locally so most of the people involved with the club we've spoken to, including the lawyers."

If the club fail to fulfil Sunday's tie, FA rules state they could be thrown out of the competition this season and next.

In September, the English Football League were asked for help after employees went unpaid before wages were eventually honoured two weeks late. Macclesfield have previously been taken to court by players over unpaid wages and in May, under then manager Sol Campbell, they considered boycotting the final match of last season for similar reasons.

"We've got a number of businesses between me and my partner and the number one rule with any business, I believe, is to make sure people are paid on time," he added. "It just crumbles around you, it's done. That's my experience in life, not just football, you have to pay your bills."

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: However ....

By Deano (deanos13)8/11 09:47Fri Nov 8 09:47:57 2019In response to However .... Top of thread

Views: 397

I know very little about Daryl McMahon but what I do know is he likes his dosh.
I'm staggered he's still there.

Edited by deanos13 at 09:48:11 on 8th November 2019

Re: However ....

By Ratman468/11 10:44Fri Nov 8 10:44:50 2019In response to Re: However .... Top of thread

Views: 335

Bet he's still getting paid

Previous thread: Toss! by Roulette Len7/11 16:28Thu Nov 7 16:28:27 2019view thread