ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Was that the game? by Deltic 21Yesterday 23:54Yesterday at 23:54:03view thread

Oldest article: IFollow Highlights by samborough24/10/2019 09:00Thu Oct 24 09:00:42 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Jerome Okimo by Rotterdamboro10/12/2019 20:33Tue Dec 10 20:33:55 2019view thread

Next League Win

By Old Town Boro (Teddys Teabags)7/12/2019 17:11Sat Dec 7 17:11:24 2019

Views: 1504

Anyone know when it's going to come? looking at the next few fixtures I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until January, even the most optimistic fan has to see that we are in a real relegation dog fight right now, might as well look at Oldham mid January as the next game we could get a win from!

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Next League Win

By East Coast Boro8/12/2019 08:54Sun Dec 8 08:54:27 2019In response to Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 762

TBF we have been better against the better teams. The problem is there is a lot of crap in L2 this year. Come end of Feb there could be 10+ teams fighting to avoid that one place.
Both teams played with fear yesterday, with the first priority not to concede. it's a confidence thing for sure. No one had the vision or guts to try something until Dean can on.
As Samson said the returning players are still well below 100% match fitness, but did get some good game time in.
Crawley with their 'new manager' weren't any better than us. The fact we didn't loose to a team with a new manager (why do we always get them next?) was indeed one of the few positive from the match. It was Status Quo at the bottom of L2 yesterday with only Walsall gaining 3 points, whilst Mansfield & Grimsby sink further back into the relegation pack with further defeats.
It is for sure going to be along winter but with a couple of priemiershite loanees and the odd signing brought in, hopefully it could (and I believe it will) change for the better. Bringing in an ex manager didn't change Crawley yesterday and I beleive WON@T change us. Its time to hold our nerve, battle on and SUPPORT our players and management.
COYB

Edited by East Coast Boro at 08:56:44 on 8th December 2019

3 people like this 3 people   10 people dislike this 10 people

By AgentEves10/12/2019 21:35Tue Dec 10 21:35:12 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 402

"The fact we didn't loose to a team with a new manager was indeed one of the few positive from the match."
Unreal. That has to be the most ridiculous logic I've ever heard. Are you a flat earther? Or anti-vax? You should check both of them out, equally illogical.

"It was Status Quo at the bottom of L2 yesterday with only Walsall gaining 3 points, whilst Mansfield & Grimsby sink further back into the relegation pack with further defeats."
And yet another week goes by where we don't take advantage of it, and settle for another 0-0 draw.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By AgentEves10/12/2019 21:31Tue Dec 10 21:31:52 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 394

What exactly has shown that we are better against the better teams? A 1-1 draw against a Peterborough side that were probably highly complacent heading into the game? A 3-1 win against Colchester in the Mickey Mouse Tinpot Trophy?

We are shit. We have been shit all season. We are slightly less shit at conceding goals now than we were under Dino, but really the benefit is marginal because the overall product is equally shit.

This is, by far, the most tedious shit I have ever had to watch. I preferred it under Smith because at least, on occasion, we scored (or came remotely close to scoring) even if we were trying to defend at the other end with 3 of the worst players I have ever seen play for Stevenage.

I don't love any of our players, but I don't hate any of them, either. Most of them actually seem to be somewhat competent. We don't have any major liabilities, which wasn't the case under almost every single manager we have had previously, but fuck me, it's boring. We have no blood-and-thunder in the midfield, we have no exciting skillful players, we have no striker banging in goals all day long, we have nothing. Just a bunch of 6/10s with no personality and a 6/10 manager who has no personality because he's on his best behaviour. At least Haber had a fucking personality, even if that personality was 'utter prick'.

I like Carter and Lakin. They seem decent, but that really is about it. The closest the rest of them have to evoking any sort of emotion is when they piss me off with their stupid fucking hand gestures on Instagram.

Just out of curiosity, why do we have to 'battle on and support our players and management' if they're consistently putting out utter turgid performances? Why aren't we allowed to ask for more? Why can't we expect better?

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)11/12/2019 10:00Wed Dec 11 10:00:26 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 313

6 out of 10s? If you're being that generous, can you give me £50?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By East Coast Boro10/12/2019 22:21Tue Dec 10 22:21:10 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 357

"What exactly has shown that we are better against the better teams?" ......... Watching the team week in & week out over the last few years - Our players raise their game (and YES they should do the same against our fellow crap sides)"

And your solution to all this is oh wise one? [see I can use insults too ;-)] ..... Get on the players and managers back so they loose more confidence and loose games, just so you can say "look how cleaver I am" ? ..... Or maybe it is sack the board! ?

"Just out of curiosity, why do we have to 'battle on and support our players and management'" - Because that what real (The clue is in the word) Supporters do'. Remaining behind them until January is important, ... then Phil will hopefully make some important decisions re appointing a permanent manager (not GW please) and changing/improving the squad ..... because yes I agree some are not 'BORO' players, who frankly don't care a fig about the club and its loyal supporters.

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)11/12/2019 10:01Wed Dec 11 10:01:41 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 333

Why do we have to wait until January for PW to make a decision on a permanent manager? Is there a managerial transfer window?

By East Coast Boro11/12/2019 14:48Wed Dec 11 14:48:29 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 265

January sales ;-)

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)11/12/2019 10:11Wed Dec 11 10:11:47 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 299

Steven Pressley was sat behind Worrier and I at the game last night...

New director of football I thought? You don't come all the way to Stevenage with your wife and child to do a bit of scouting for a mate while you're between jobs.

Then someone spoilt the scoop by pointing out Aston Villa U18s had a striker called Aaron Pressley.

What kind of a prick called Pressley calls their son Aaron?

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)11/12/2019 10:35Wed Dec 11 10:35:28 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 291

Elvis's parents?

By AgentEves10/12/2019 22:43Tue Dec 10 22:43:58 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 340

Last season is irrelevant because the majority of the team is different and the manager is different. I also watch the team every week, and we haven't raised our game against anyone. We are second from bottom, which means that we can't win games. That is a fact, that isn't an opinion.

Just because I point out that it isn't good enough, and demand more from the team/manager, doesn't mean that I have to come up with a solution. That isn't how it works. Are you suggesting that people should stop campaigning against homelessness, or against world hunger, because they don't have a solution for it?

That said, I will humour you... We need to play a different formation, or we need to play in a style that suits the players we have. Not just crowbarring them into a formation that doesn't really get the best out of them. One option would be:
- With players like Cowley (great work rate) and List (great speed) and Guthrie (great strength) I would be encouraging the team to press from the front. Play 4-3-3 with a high line and harass the opposition into mistakes. When Newton comes back, he will fit into this system perfectly, and arguably so would Kennedy.
- Our players should look to press from the front in a way that encourages the opposition to move inside with the ball, towards our midfield 3.
- We should be setting pressing traps and dictating where the opposition goes, rather than reacting to where they go.
- Support the front three with two strong and mobile midfielders who can press in the secondary; Carter and Lakin can do this perfectly. So can Parrett, when he's fit. Then behind them you put a half-back or a holding midfielder, Digby fits this role perfectly. He's tall, will win a lot of aerial battles, but also has experience at centre half so can drop back into the back 4 whenever the full backs are pressing up high.
- The full backs should aggressively press the opposition wide midfielders when the ball goes out wide, with cover from the centre backs and a holding midfielder/half-back.
- Centre backs need to be encouraged to play the ball through our central midfielders, not hoof the ball aimlessly up the field. That requires good movement from the midfielders, particularly the holding midfielder, who should always be looking to get into positions where he can receive a simple pass from the defenders. He then lays it onto one of our two more creative midfielders, and we build an attack from there.
- We should be looking to be sensible with our possession when we have it, and press aggressively when we don't.

If you'd like for me to come up with a different solution, I'd gladly do so, but I think at least attempting something other than what we're doing now would be a reasonable start.

I'm not getting on the players' backs. Or the managers. I'm posting on an online forum. If they want to come on here and read about how shit I think they have been, then more fool them, but they also won't be reading anything that shouldn't already be obvious to them. Again, the league table doesn't lie. We are second from bottom and our performances have been akin to that.

Blindly supporting the team is just accepting that things are bad. You can demand more. Being a supporter means many things to many people. If you want to pay your money every week and quietly accept mediocrity, then more fool you. Being vocal about expecting more from the team doesn't make me a bad supporter. I'm not expecting us to play like Brazil, but it would be nice if we got out of our own half on occasion.

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)10/12/2019 22:57Tue Dec 10 22:57:23 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 352

You can't play a pressing game with Guthrie, he doesn't run enough, and Kennedy is fit, just out of favour. And if he was in favour you wouldn't get him pressing, he hasn't got the mentality to chase and harass consistently.

And our CBs aren't ball players, (Cuthbert and Nugent anyway, TVC arguably could do it, as can Luis), but Scott and Ben are no nonsense kick it quite hard CBs.

Newton is out for the season I think.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 22:57:45 on 10th December 2019

By AgentEves10/12/2019 23:42Tue Dec 10 23:42:41 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 318

From what I've seen of Guthrie, he's certainly capable. As the central player of the three, his pressing would be least important. If you get him to buy into the effectiveness, I think he could be useful in that system. But I'm also not privvy to any potential ego/personality issues there.

Kennedy used to do it when he first stepped up, so I'd argue he's capable. Again, motivation would be the issue.

The CBs don't need to be ball players. I'm not suggesting they'd be bringing the ball out from the back. They just need to be able to pass the ball 10 yards to the midfielders. You cannot possibly tell me that neither Nugent or Cuthbert can pass the ball 10 yards. Being able to pass the ball accurately over 10 yards should be a primary requirement of any professional footballer.

Too bad about Newton.

Even if playing a high pressing game doesn't work, there are a million other tactics that don't involve having 5 defenders launching the ball into the abyss.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)11/12/2019 09:59Wed Dec 11 09:59:55 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 300

"Being able to accurately pass the ball over 10 yards should be a primary requirement"

...and yet we have Michael Timlin.

2 people like this 2 people   

By East Coast Boro8/12/2019 19:54Sun Dec 8 19:54:22 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 499

Good to see eight people DONT want to give their support to our team

Theres always Top field chaps

Edited by East Coast Boro at 09:56:30 on 11th December 2019
Edited by East Coast Boro at 09:57:49 on 11th December 2019

7 people dislike this 7 people

Can't sugarcoat that.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)7/12/2019 18:30Sat Dec 7 18:30:02 2019In response to Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1253

It was effing shite. One shot on goal at home to Crawley is inexcusable. We faffed around in their half and offered almost nothing to trouble their keeper.
We aren't getting any better despite the injured players coming back. God know what Sampson said at half time but we came out even worse.
As you know I'll never demand a manager to be sacked. But its it's about time he was given the boot. He's doing zilch for the team.
The clock is ticking louder.

9 people like this 9 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Can't sugarcoat that.

By Sev8/12/2019 13:38Sun Dec 8 13:38:20 2019In response to Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 547

No Nugent or Wildin yesterday. And Newton long term.

Wasn't convinced with the back 4 yesterday although they kept a clean sheet. TVC was poor.

I'd also play Soares ahead of Timlin.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Puds (Chuds)8/12/2019 14:05Sun Dec 8 14:05:39 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 519

TVC has been disappointing for about six games in a row now.

I too would play Soares ahead of Timlin who, yet again, gave the ball away so cheaply in dangerous positions yesterday.

By Jonnym88/12/2019 12:12Sun Dec 8 12:12:11 2019In response to Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 569

Spot on

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)7/12/2019 20:15Sat Dec 7 20:15:32 2019In response to Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 995

I’m the positive one but that is a contender for the worst match of football I’ve ever watched

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 20:46Sat Dec 7 20:46:12 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 969

I have seen so many worse games than that over the course of the last 7 seasons. I have seen so many worse games this season. But yeah, it was absolutely dog shit.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)7/12/2019 20:47Sat Dec 7 20:47:07 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 933

It was very bad to summarise if no one got that

By Owen7/12/2019 20:22Sat Dec 7 20:22:32 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 949

Crikey, must be bad, buddy.

By Telboy7/12/2019 22:25Sat Dec 7 22:25:40 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 812

On today’s showing the only players worth keeping are Farman, Cuthbert, Parrot and possibly Stokes.

All the rest could get replaced and we wouldn’t miss any of them. Any replacements wouldn’t do much worse.

Dear oh me that game was poor.

By Jonnym88/12/2019 12:13Sun Dec 8 12:13:30 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 564

Stokes? The most over rated player in our squad.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Sev8/12/2019 13:35Sun Dec 8 13:35:41 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 508

I like Stokes.

I thin Timlin is overrated.

By Jonnym88/12/2019 14:23Sun Dec 8 14:23:38 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 493

I don’t know anyone that rates Tomlin. I think Stokes has so much more to offer.

By Puds (Chuds)8/12/2019 12:45Sun Dec 8 12:45:52 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 538

Nope.

By Telboy8/12/2019 12:41Sun Dec 8 12:41:39 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 548

Stokes was a maybe. He rarely puts a foot wrong but once again nothing outstanding.

It’s difficult to sing the praises of this team as our position in the league tells you all you need to know.

It is clear we are in a mess from top to bottom.

By Dave (daveadkins)7/12/2019 22:27Sat Dec 7 22:27:53 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 813

Parrot?

By Telboy7/12/2019 22:30Sat Dec 7 22:30:37 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 822

Who’s a pretty boy😂

Where’s that Donnelly bloke?

By Rotterdamboro7/12/2019 19:55Sat Dec 7 19:55:32 2019In response to Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1087

Pre season didn’t matter apparently

Re: Where’s that Donnelly bloke?

By Tucks8/12/2019 13:24Sun Dec 8 13:24:42 2019In response to Where’s that Donnelly bloke?Top of thread

Views: 552

Declan? He’s in Australia.

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)7/12/2019 20:13Sat Dec 7 20:13:07 2019In response to Where’s that Donnelly bloke?Top of thread

Views: 1010

Yes conceding 3 to Jersey Bulls is why we’re bad on Saturday 7th December

What’s your point?

By Borominister8/12/2019 09:53Sun Dec 8 09:53:36 2019In response to Re: Where’s that Donnelly bloke?Top of thread

Views: 626

Obvious what the problem is we cant fucking score.

By Sev7/12/2019 19:03Sat Dec 7 19:03:19 2019In response to Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1099

It was like watching a Sunday league game. Two sides with no quality on show. Nothing happening. Boring. Cold. Drab.

By AgentEves7/12/2019 19:13Sat Dec 7 19:13:17 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1079

Tell me... why is a draw at home to Crawley significantly worse than a draw away at Walsall? I didn't watch the game today, because I couldn't be bothered to get up at 7am to watch another drab performance, so I'm curious what was so much worse this week than last?

Honestly, I said it last week, I don't know at what point Sampson takes us from a team who is difficult to beat to a team who actually attempts to win games. We have some decent players (Digby & Lakin, particularly), but if we don't go out against Walsall & Crawley and actually attempt to win the game, then does that mean we are just going to go out every week purely with the game plan of 'not losing'?

Credit where it's due - Sampson has made is difficult to beat when under Dino, that wasn't the case, but does he have what it takes to take us to the next level? I'm not so sure. We can't draw every single game 0-0.

The fact that Morcambe are worse, and Macclesfield may get a points deduction, is a lucky, lucky break, but it's a bit embarrassing that we are relying on a team not paying their players' wages for us to stay up.

7 people like this 7 people   

By Jonnym88/12/2019 12:15Sun Dec 8 12:15:07 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 552

No, he doesn’t have what it takes. Get rid now.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Sev7/12/2019 21:33Sat Dec 7 21:33:17 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 855

Because at Walsall we were attacking, dominated first half, had numerous chances and shots, and away from home. Easily could have won.

Today we did nothing, against a team who did nothing. It was shit all round.

By SFA7/12/2019 19:40Sat Dec 7 19:40:19 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 991

I wouldn't even suggest we're that difficult to beat, certainly not on today's evidence - Crawley missed 2 fantastic opportunities that they should have taken

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 19:31Sat Dec 7 19:31:12 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1012

Chuds used stats just before half time at Walsall to convince me that we were playing well and that Samspon was doing good stuff. I’d had a few pints in Brum by that point so found myself agreeing.

I’ve now sobered up.

By billy no mates (Albert Tatlock)8/12/2019 17:21Sun Dec 8 17:21:03 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 450

I can see clearly now you're...............................

By Richie Rich C8/12/2019 08:13Sun Dec 8 08:13:48 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 643

Of all the rubbish I have read on this forum , the very idea Wode has ever been Sober is right up there

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)8/12/2019 09:17Sun Dec 8 09:17:51 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 608

I drink a) because I watch Stevenage and b) it makes my acquaintances more attractive on the eye.

By Puds (Chuds)7/12/2019 20:37Sat Dec 7 20:37:11 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 920

Not sure that is entirely what was said! I also said I have doubts over him.

I said we would stay up under him though, but said that under Dino too. And maintain that. Heck, Keef would keep us up.

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 20:47Sat Dec 7 20:47:00 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 897

Ha. As I said, I’d had a couple.

By Owen7/12/2019 20:47Sat Dec 7 20:47:30 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 896

That's very unlike you.

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 20:53Sat Dec 7 20:53:48 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 885

I know. Especially as I had to drive the supporters’ coach home.

By Owen7/12/2019 20:54Sat Dec 7 20:54:32 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 881

With you being blind too.

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 20:55Sat Dec 7 20:55:35 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 886

Lolz.

By Owen7/12/2019 20:41Sat Dec 7 20:41:10 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 899

Keef for manager. Where do I sign the petition?

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)7/12/2019 19:20Sat Dec 7 19:20:04 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1014

Shame that chant didn't get going second half...

"We're staying up on a technicality"

Made Pat and I laugh simultaneously.

First Game of the Season

By AndyC7/12/2019 19:13Sat Dec 7 19:13:07 2019In response to Re: Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1024

I actually thought it was alright, perhaps I've just been starved of live football too much. Expected us to be far worse. We had two attempts on target, the corner right at the death was going in til the keeper got a palm on it.

Didn't think Crawley offered much, had that 1 chance in 2nd half when he rounded the keeper and put it wide, but thought we had the balance of play

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: First Game of the Season

By Jonnym88/12/2019 12:20Sun Dec 8 12:20:15 2019In response to First Game of the SeasonTop of thread

Views: 536

I can confirm, you’ve been starved of live football. It was absolute gash.

By AgentEves7/12/2019 19:14Sat Dec 7 19:14:39 2019In response to First Game of the SeasonTop of thread

Views: 1015

"the corner right at the death was going in til the keeper got a palm on it."

Every week, the closest we ever come to scoring is from a corner.

By AndyC7/12/2019 19:16Sat Dec 7 19:16:18 2019In response to Re: First Game of the SeasonTop of thread

Views: 1021

That wasn't the closest, there was another in the first half that was going toward the top corner and their keeper made a good save

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 18:48Sat Dec 7 18:48:50 2019In response to Can't sugarcoat that.Top of thread

Views: 1095

Agreed. I’ve had it with him. This is the season from hell.

By Deltic 217/12/2019 18:18Sat Dec 7 18:18:20 2019In response to Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1130

Still, it could be worse. We could be adrift at the foot of the table, trading blows with Morecambe.

Oh, wait...

Question is

By Elkding7/12/2019 17:23Sat Dec 7 17:23:43 2019In response to Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1291

When Macclesfield go tits up, and they will, is being in the bottom two without having any threat of relegation this season a reason to stick with this manager?

Re: Question is

By Old Town Boro (Teddys Teabags)7/12/2019 18:07Sat Dec 7 18:07:29 2019In response to Question isTop of thread

Views: 1147

I'd probably say no, Football is a results business at the end of the day

By SFCfox7/12/2019 17:25Sat Dec 7 17:25:32 2019In response to Question isTop of thread

Views: 1266

Yep.

Sampson over Westley any day.

10 people dislike this 10 people

By Owen7/12/2019 17:26Sat Dec 7 17:26:39 2019In response to Re: Question isTop of thread

Views: 1242

He's doing a fine job.

Other managers are also available.

By Owen7/12/2019 17:17Sat Dec 7 17:17:42 2019In response to Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1278

We're not pulling away from Morecambe and the teams above have a cushion over us. Worrying times.

8 people like this 8 people   

By Puds (Chuds)7/12/2019 20:43Sat Dec 7 20:43:02 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 898

There are ten sides within eight points of each other at the bottom, one of whom should get at least a points deduction, and eight of whom have won fewer points than us in the last ten games.

I would say eight of those are in serious trouble, including us.

By Owen7/12/2019 20:45Sat Dec 7 20:45:21 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 881

You're probably right, but I liked at the table and saw us 5 points off Grimsby, Oldham and Carlisle. I probably just shit my pants.

By Junction 77/12/2019 17:25Sat Dec 7 17:25:03 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1265

Each week that passes the more trouble we are in. ... if we don’t get a manager in that knows this league we are fecked!!

SORT IT OUT NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Today was hard to watch ... and first time I’ve ever seriously considered going home at half time 😔👎

9 people like this 9 people   

By RockyBottom7/12/2019 17:24Sat Dec 7 17:24:25 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1235

Really thought we would win today, very worrying we didn't. These are the sort of games need to start taking 3 points from.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)7/12/2019 18:22Sat Dec 7 18:22:47 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1112

We are consistently playing shit teams and not breaking them down. Sometimes we make them look good.

We never looked like scoring today. I can tolerate 0-0s away from home, but not at home in our current position.

I'm almost at the end of my tether with the current gaffer. Wahave players who can pass the ball, very few injuries, and yet we still hoof it aimlessly, either due to low confidence or poor instruction.

Both of which are down to the gaffer to resolve.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 18:23:29 on 7th December 2019

By The Hedgehog7/12/2019 18:34Sat Dec 7 18:34:29 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1103

But our passing is so poor. So many incomplete today. Going astray or intercepted.

As a result, we created very little.

Simple as that for me.

By East Coast Boro8/12/2019 09:48Sun Dec 8 09:48:34 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 597

Agree. Such is the nature of playing without confidence and with fear. Standard bottom half L2 (Div 4 / Div 3 S) fare. Has always been the way sadly.

Edited by East Coast Boro at 09:49:07 on 8th December 2019

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 18:51Sat Dec 7 18:51:53 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1059

What concerned me was Digby. Enormous brute of a player playing in the centre who seemed to be instructed to just hold a position and to never actively look to receive a pass to feet when we had possession. I’m sure he’s a better player than that but Samspon just wasted him.

By Junction 77/12/2019 19:45Sat Dec 7 19:45:28 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 957

That’s because Sampson has’nt got a clue ...

It don’t help that the quality of players we have are shit! The weakest squad and weakest manager we have ever had , that’s the reason we are joint bottom of the entire football league 😡😡😡

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Old Town Boro (SFC Interviews)7/12/2019 19:26Sat Dec 7 19:26:53 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1003

He will be better when he gets up to sharpness played a lot of football in recent weeks after a long term injury.

Edited by SFC Interviews at 19:27:40 on 7th December 2019

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 19:33Sat Dec 7 19:33:31 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 979

Oh yeah, I like the look of him. It was more the constrained way in which he was playing - which I assumed was down to instructions - that bothered me. We were the home team but the game plan seemed to be for Digby to just hold a defensive position.

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)7/12/2019 19:42Sat Dec 7 19:42:13 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 982

Timlin and Digby are both naturally defensive midfielders, good at breaking up play and tackling, one of them needed to push on, or dropped for a naturally attack minded midfielder if we had one fit enough (except Sonupé)

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)7/12/2019 19:50Sat Dec 7 19:50:23 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 959

I’d suggest that Timlin isn’t good at much at all.

As for Digby, I’m not expecting him to be box to box, but he should be looking to receive it so he can recycle it. This is a minimum. But he’s clearly told not to look for it as we prefer to whack 40 yard diagonal balls instead. So I’m not blaming him.

By Bladders (Wolfie) (BALDOCKBORO)7/12/2019 20:08Sat Dec 7 20:08:53 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 924

Timlin without Byrom is better than when they play together,, but I wasn't over the moon when we re-signed him either. Didn't even do enough to get his usual booking today.

By SFCfox8/12/2019 00:02Sun Dec 8 00:02:36 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 717

We miss Joel. He can unlock a defence with that left peg.

By bcb19948/12/2019 02:04Sun Dec 8 02:04:02 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 690

Good joke

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SFCfox8/12/2019 08:08Sun Dec 8 08:08:48 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 640

Compare results this year vs last year. Joel gets results, simples.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)7/12/2019 18:41Sat Dec 7 18:41:26 2019In response to Re: Next League WinTop of thread

Views: 1093

Our players thought their keeper was on our team. They kept passing the ball up to him.

Previous thread: Training by WASP9/12/2019 20:24Mon Dec 9 20:24:39 2019view thread