ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Was that the game? by Deltic 21Yesterday 23:54Yesterday at 23:54:03view thread

Oldest article: IFollow Highlights by samborough24/10/2019 09:00Thu Oct 24 09:00:42 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: L2 Prediction Comp - latest Table by SA Administrator15/1 10:23Wed Jan 15 10:23:39 2020view thread

Comment

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)11/1 17:25Sat Jan 11 17:25:49 2020

Views: 2280

I would give my thoughts on the game but I’m not allowed to speak or sing what I want according to the left side of the east.

So I’ll say what they want to hear that GW is back and it’s going to be okay

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Comment

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 16:25Sun Jan 12 16:25:20 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1116

My actual thoughts. Not that any of you care but I want to rant

I used to be the most optimistic fan (Farley aside), but I have come to terms with relegation. I’ve been to every game this season including leasing.com. I’ve said “Luck will turn” since August. I have seen all 36 players in the squad. I have seen every formation. I have seen every type of loss and draw you can imagine. Scrappy, undeserved, bore draw, full of chances. I’ve seen high press, low press, long ball, tika taka. I will of course still be hoping that we do win and stay up. But That’s all it is now. Hope.

I often gauge where I am as a fan from the manager's interview where I lose my hope. With Sarll it was the I Phone comment, with Dino it was him saying we need to work harder when the players at Cheltenham was clearly exhausted, Sampson it was Peterborough saying we need to be better 1000 times without saying how. GWs interview yesterday was worse than them all

“Vale had a clear week” - They didn’t. They played Tuesday

“The M4 closures affected us” - In Energy at best. In terms of selection, substitutions, set up and tempo. That isn’t the M4s fault

“We had lots of chances” - No. We had one good chance

However, I did agree with him when he said it was a big game.

A game that we didn’t show attacking intentions in till after the penalty when they all lined up on the halfway line. A game that we had no grip on at any point. A game where we always attacking in or defending in. A game where we made subs sake rather than in order to change the game. Why change the system so significantly from Wednesday where Bristol who plays the same formation as Vale didn’t have a sniff. This isn't experimenting time Graham. We need points

I just watched Watford Bournemouth. For Watford, the players have bought into him and the system and show the intent to attack games despite being in trouble, every player knows their roles to a T, they know what they’re doing. Proper management by Pearson. As for Bournemouth, players are trying. But look mentally fragile, lack tempo and lack an identity out there & are in big trouble. It was like watching what we should be and what we aren‘t

Don’t let this post let you think the players haven’t got the blame from my view, of course, they do. But we’ve seen the players are capable so why isn’t it working?

In all honesty, I think we filled the gaps we had from last season. But we didn’t step up. Everyone else did. I don’t think we solved pre-existing issues that your Chair and Seddon types did

I also think the players are so so mentally weak and fragile. It takes some very good management to eradicate that considering how long it’s gone on for. I watched an amazing video from Wenger a few weeks back. He was essentially saying it’s never about the mentality itself. Saying it’s not about the intensity of motivation, it's about the stamina of the motivation. It's all good going to places like FGR and playing them off the park. That shows the intensity is there. But the longer goals may take, the quicker the intensity dies out. The frustration sets in and we then crumble in the second half, the dying minutes or the next game. Let's compare to Liverpool. Lost CL final against Madrid. Did that demotivate them? No. Finished league with 96/97 points, won CL following year. Now they've just won Club world cup, on their way to win PL. Relentless motivation. The mentality of the highest order. In fact, let’s compare to the Golden era Stevenage. Every single one of those players was ready for war. They believed going into every match they're gonna batter their opponents. They were hungry & ruthless. They had the "stamina of the motivation." Never settling and we implemented an addiction for winning. Look at Darius at Wycombe. That squad have no right to be second in league one. But they live by the “This is our house, you play by our rules mentality”. It all takes the right players and the right management. Can that be implemented? Of course. Look at Watford for example. But we are no closer to it than we were after Salford for example

Do we need signings? Yes, Do players need shifting? Yes Has recruitment been to blame? Yes. But why is everyone figuring this out now? Under Sampson, it was his fault and now it’s the players? Makes sense

I have given up on FL safety. I love this club and it hurts me deeply to say that.

Tuesday is our biggest game of the season, maybe even more than that and I couldn’t be less confident or up for it.

I’m hoping for the love of God that we turn it around. Or Solihull away will be fact and there’s no arguing that one

Up the Boro

Edited by Donnelly at 16:26:17 on 12th January 2020

13 people like this 13 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)14/1 23:52Tue Jan 14 23:52:52 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 147

And there we have it. Fucked

1 person likes this 1 person   

By AgentEves13/1 19:23Mon Jan 13 19:23:05 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 405

I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but I wanted to point out that this post is VASTLY improved from your usual stuff. Glad to see you seem to have been working on your writing and it seems to be paying off. Still room for improvement, but credit where credit is due. Well done.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Deltic 2113/1 15:06Mon Jan 13 15:06:11 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 542

I happen to think the squad is good enough to compete, except for the fact that we don’t have a goalscorer. Get one or two of those, sort out midfield’s delivery to them, and we might actually get somewhere. Without them it’s really not going to improve much.

Edit: I wouldn’t mind seeing how a fit Newts got on alongside Cowley. But that’s not going to happen foreseeably.

Edited by Deltic 21 at 15:08:17 on 13th January 2020

By Puds (Chuds)13/1 15:46Mon Jan 13 15:46:24 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 531

We have a goalscorer.

By Deltic 2113/1 18:45Mon Jan 13 18:45:43 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 419

Who?!

And why have Boro kept him so closely hidden away when we need him on the pitch?! 😊

By Dino Maamria's Goat. (Gaz Murray)13/1 23:34Mon Jan 13 23:34:38 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 311

Loaned him out to some conference team innit.

By Rotterdamboro13/1 11:23Mon Jan 13 11:23:20 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 637

None of this mess is Wallace’s fault.

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By East Coast Boro13/1 11:52Mon Jan 13 11:52:02 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 612

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Rotterdamboro13/1 12:00Mon Jan 13 12:00:45 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 607

Do us all a favour East coast and crawl back to that rock you emerged from

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)13/1 13:27Mon Jan 13 13:27:07 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 551

I think I've asked before, but in case you missed it, why don't you just fuck off?

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Rotterdamboro13/1 16:19Mon Jan 13 16:19:30 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 501

And just in case you were in any doubt, no. I won’t. So do us all favour and walk in front of a bus and spare us all

1 person likes this 1 person   6 people dislike this 6 people

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)13/1 16:47Mon Jan 13 16:47:08 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 482

'Us all' 😂😂😂

Like you have any friends.

By Rotterdamboro13/1 18:16Mon Jan 13 18:16:36 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 410

Friends? This is a fans forum to post comments about Stevenage FC. It’s not fucking Friends ReUnited or Tinder. Weirdo

By Owen B13/1 18:19Mon Jan 13 18:19:07 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 405

You seem quite angry. Do you support Leeds too?

2 people like this 2 people   

By Rotterdamboro13/1 18:28Mon Jan 13 18:28:49 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 407

Not as angry as your mate Baldrick clearly

By East Coast Boro13/1 19:08Mon Jan 13 19:08:24 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 382

RDB
Take a deep breath, think nice thoughts of being on a West India n beach far, far away,......on a nice day with the warm water lapping around your feet and relax.......

See ....thats better

By East Coast Boro13/1 12:26Mon Jan 13 12:26:25 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 571

Ok .... when you have something new to say rather than boring the life out of us all with your same old dross .

Enjoy the game Tuesday

Edited by East Coast Boro at 12:28:26 on 13th January 2020

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Gitts n Grattz13/1 12:32Mon Jan 13 12:32:21 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 560

Wow we are all getting along so well now in this forum! Must be that time of the year / our time of the month / whatever. Much love to all! x

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By East Coast Boro13/1 12:47Mon Jan 13 12:47:07 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 538

That's the way of our world now. The division bell tolls. GWs back

By Gitts n Grattz13/1 13:33Mon Jan 13 13:33:48 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 516

Yes that is true. I just love how once you get a reputation on here you get a down like on every post. It’s laughable.

Always remember a ginger lady once telling me a story about when she went to Turkey years and years ago where she got so many weird looks and responses she ended up standing on a table in a restaurant and singing some inane song. Just because, after a point, there’s no shock value left or chance of retribution.

Revel in it. No pun on the most recent “signing” intended.

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)13/1 12:30Mon Jan 13 12:30:55 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 547

He’s not the one boring the life off us all

By East Coast Boro13/1 12:45Mon Jan 13 12:45:42 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 530

Oh so you despise PW too ??

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)13/1 11:37Mon Jan 13 11:37:02 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 568

We’re still reaping the mess from the non renewing of GWs contract in 2014. But I would say he gave all the managers fair time and backing this season

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Junction 712/1 19:33Sun Jan 12 19:33:32 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 859

Tbh I gave up reading after the first few lines I get bored easily !

Stop blaming Westley he is one of the best managers/ coaches we have or are likely to have it’s the players fault they just aren’t good enough

GW can only do his best with what he has in front of him and tbh this squad is pretty fucking shit 😬

I don’t care if you’ve been to every game or not I’ve seen Boro play more times than I care to remember in many different leagues and over many many years but that still don’t detract the fact this team are the worst we’ve had for years and years and we need to start getting results SOON and only GW can achieve that with such half hearted players who can’t be bothered to put any effort in.

1 person likes this 1 person   8 people dislike this 8 people

By SFCfox12/1 19:51Sun Jan 12 19:51:53 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 813

You've been a fan a long time? I never knew that you should mention it more.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 19:51Sun Jan 12 19:51:38 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 826

1. So why was it Dino or Marks fault and now it’s the players? They are not his players isn’t a valid excuse. Once again I refer you to Pearson at Watford

2. I wasn’t expecting you to be impressed with me going to every game. Equally am I meant to be impressed with your history of watching Boro? It is the here and now that matters.

3. The Squad you suggest is at fault for any of Westley’s wrong doings so far in charge is the one he said is more than good enough and he’s happy with

4. Only GW? The man isn’t the only decent manager in Football. The only man who could get results? Blinding job so far

Edited by Donnelly at 19:52:33 on 12th January 2020
Edited by Donnelly at 19:52:50 on 12th January 2020
Edited by Donnelly at 19:54:07 on 12th January 2020

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 19:48Sun Jan 12 19:48:44 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 798

If you don't care how many games Reece has been to, why do you think he cares how many you've been to?

The fact he's seen all of our games this season is relevant. The fact you've seen games 5,10,20 years ago has got precisely nothing to do with our current predicament. It just means you're quite old.

Finally, if you think this team are worse than, and therefore wouldn't beat our team from the days in the dog and duck amateur league when all our players were part- time, you're just being silly.

By all means criticise the current team, Christ they deserve it, but put some perspective on it and don't have a dig at other fans who trek up and down the land watching us be shit in the vain hope we might turn it round this time.

12 people like this 12 people   

By Owen B12/1 19:38Sun Jan 12 19:38:29 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 804

The art of reasoned debate is not dead. 🙄

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)12/1 19:35Sun Jan 12 19:35:48 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 803

We’re shit get Dino out

We’re shit get Sampson out

The players are shit dunno how Westley gets the blame.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 20:03Sun Jan 12 20:03:14 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 770

Yes!

We both predicted this would happen. The guy can do absolutely nothing wrong. Always somebody else to blame. Gary Smith and his players last time, Mark Sampson and his players (even though they aren't) this time. Even if we go down he will avoid all blame and criticism.

He is not the messiah people think and he creates huge rifts in our fanbase. I do not understand the hopd he has over some people.

He better fucking keep us up, as Sampson would have done.

Edited by Chuds at 20:04:27 on 12th January 2020

By Sev12/1 20:23Sun Jan 12 20:23:25 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 769

Because Sampson was Dino's number 2, and showed nothing to suggest he wasn't part of the same issue we had under Dino. And had been working with the players since July(?) so doesn't get the benefit of needing an adjustment period. He knew the players inside out.

He did get quite a bit of time but given we remained bottom and has no experience in the football league of managing mens football, it is understandable he went back to his role as coach. And the adverse media attention tarnishing our club's reputation.

Whoever the new manager was, we would be giving him more than 3 weeks. But because it is Westley YOU are giving him special treatment, negatively.

The rest of us are just treating him like he was a new manager.

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 20:49Sun Jan 12 20:49:39 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 735

Tl:dr.

By Sev12/1 20:16Sun Jan 12 20:16:11 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 758

Literally been here 3 weeks and you're already blaming the whole season on him.

You wanted Dino out. Sampson was temporary.

Now we have a new manager.

No big conspiracy about Westley getting favouritism.

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 20:31Sun Jan 12 20:31:06 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 755

Sampson would of been hounded after yesterday

Westley got applauded off and his name sung

I don’t dislike Westley. It just baffles me how he can do no wrong. People think it’s all going to be okay because Westley’s back

By AgentEves13/1 18:39Mon Jan 13 18:39:05 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 381

Everyone is aware that things wouldn't change immediately under Westley. The reason he gets a little more leeway is because he has done it in the past. However, Chuds is right, that was a long time ago now, which I think will mean he'll get a much shorter leash this time around. You could argue that Sampson could have been given longer, but I think the fact of the matter was that many people were losing interest.

Sure, the results haven't improved, and have in fact gotten worse, but I actually think we've been playing better and I think we've just had a few games (Port Vale aside) against better opposition than those we played before Christmas.

Under Sampson, I personally don't think we ever looked like scoring, apart from occasionally from a set piece. At least now we actually create a few good chances and actually look mildly interesting when we attack. Under Sampson it just seemed like the game plan was to drag out a 0-0 every single week. Sure, the goals still haven't come, but I at least enjoy watching the games because I don't feel like I'm watching to see if we can successfully defend for 90 minutes.

Fitness and concentration is clearly the issue here. That won't change over night. You could argue that Sampson could have sorted that out, but in the 2/3 months he was in charge, we never looked any fitter, it was game after game after game of the same shit. Now, not to make any more excuses, but I do think it's fair to argue that if the squad are unfit, then the Christmas period is going to take a toll on them. Now that's out the way, and we can move forward into a more regular schedule, I think we will start to see an uptick in performances.

We looked good against Bristol Rovers, albeit only 3/4 of their first team, and we were, in my opinion, the better team in the second half against Port Vale. We were unlucky to concede, and if it wasn't for the mistake by List, I'm not convinced we would have.

I think it's fair to complain that Westley gets much more of a free pass than other managers have, but I think it's because he has been successful with us in the past. The others haven't so we can only judge them on what they're doing right now. We are holding onto hope that Westley can do it again, but I'm fairly sure that if 18 months down the line, things haven't improved, you'll see the Westleyites turning on him the same as they would any other manager.

By East Coast Boro13/1 19:24Mon Jan 13 19:24:52 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 362

AEves Guenue question with no asides.

You are indeed a big GW fan whilst I have reservations that GW is at time devisive and imo has annoyed officialdom in the past to our detriment. Unlike RDB i believe you back both PW & GW.

So following on from a conversation I was having with a true GW fan the question we have is..., has the 'new mature GW Mk4' (as he is being described by some) lost his ruthless edge. The things some of us may not enjoy, may have been the things that got a GW side battling and winning? We seem very un GW- esq atm. GW claims the squad is very good without replacements needed (3CR interview)
Genuenly interestred in your views and other GW supporters on this thought.

cheers ECBozo

By AgentEves13/1 23:14Mon Jan 13 23:14:39 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 292

I think what we are seeing is that can't have a big, strong and physical side if you don't have big, strong and physical players.

When he says the squad only needs minor tweaking, I think he means in order to turn the poor form into a good run of results. I think he was comparing it to when he took over at Newport and felt that the entire squad needed overhauling, or even when he came in to manage us last time, and realised the entire squad was a waste of space.

I genuinely don't think that this team is that bad, I think we are just missing some key pieces, most notably a box-to-box midfielder who can really control the game. Obviously those players don't grow on trees, but I think if you add a player like that, you'd see a big difference in our performances.

That being said, I think whilst he thinks only minor tweaking is required in order to get us out of the mire, I do think we would see big changes over the longer term. I think he'll try to retain a few of the key members, but I think in 2 years time the team will be completely unrecognisable and much more like what we would usually expect from a Westley side.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

By East Coast Boro13/1 23:33Mon Jan 13 23:33:41 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 281

" most notably a box-to-box midfielder who can really control the game"

Couldn't agree more. Probably more desirable atm than another Striker. We also need all our players to practice shooting more. Just how many long shots have we atempted this season? Always a chance of a deflection, rebound or spill by the keeper. As Brian Clough said "if you don't buy a raffle ticket you wont win the prize!

COYB

By AgentEves14/1 01:23Tue Jan 14 01:23:07 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 292

"Probably more desirable atm than another Striker."

Absolutely agree. Although probably just as difficult to find.

"We also need all our players to practice shooting more. Just how many long shots have we atempted this season?"

I do think that a large part of our lack of goalscoring is down to the lack of goals scored by our midfielders this season. Carter, Parrett and Sonupe all have 1. So the midfield has contributed to 3 out of 17 goals this season. 1 of those seems to have dropped off the face of the planet (is he injured?), and the other will hopefully never play again. So from the midfielders who play regularly at the moment, we have a total of 1 goal.

That being said, one of my major grievances with Carter, when he was playing regularly, was him just hammering shots into the defenders aimlessly, instead of trying to create clearer chances. Although I'd happily have him back in the team as one of the 3 attacking midfielders.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)14/1 06:31Tue Jan 14 06:31:57 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 294

Wouldn’t have thought Parrett would be injured 👀

By AgentEves14/1 17:04Tue Jan 14 17:04:21 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 191

He isn't. I was referring to Carter. Parrett has been playing.

By Sev14/1 13:55Tue Jan 14 13:55:09 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 210

Wouldn’t have thought Parrett would be injured 👀

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)14/1 13:56Tue Jan 14 13:56:35 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 213

Lolz

By Pat (PatJ5)14/1 11:48Tue Jan 14 11:48:44 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 268

Unprecedented!

By Sev13/1 20:16Mon Jan 13 20:16:39 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 338

I know you're asking Eves but I want to reply.

Dino assembled this squad, and whilst they appear to be proving me wrong, i still feel like they are good enough. As it is a Dino built team you would think there would be quite a few characteristics in it that Westley would look for himself. (Dino presumably having learnt a lot under Westley)

So when he praises the squad I think he is being genuine as they have a lot of attributes and features that you associate with a Westley team. They are just underperforming and lacking a few ingredients perhaps.

And completely low on confidence.

4 people like this 4 people   

By AgentEves13/1 23:15Mon Jan 13 23:15:08 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 282

Completely agree.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)13/1 19:33Mon Jan 13 19:33:20 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 354

I'll have a stab.

Whilst he might have matured, and maybe even softened around the edges, don't be fooled. Graham will, I believe, be as ruthless as ever when the time is right.

He knows he is stuck with the vast majority of his first teamers, so can't afford to be too hard on them, he has to try and get them onside first, carrot before stick if you will. That's why he has been saying nice things about his squad.

But if it continues to not improve results-wise I think he will make a few examples.

Whether it'll work or not is anybody's guess. He's been out of the game for a long while and we've tried Dino's management style - probably quite disciplinarian, as well as Sampson's more 'matey' approach. Neither worked.

As I said when he was appointed, it will be spectacular, either spectacularly good or spectacularly bad, not sure which. Graham doesn't do middle of the road.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 19:36:09 on 13th January 2020

By Freemo13/1 20:24Mon Jan 13 20:24:41 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 329

Thing is, Westley's been out of the game, he doesn't need the job. He's already realistically achieved the most anyone can with the club on its current level of resources. Is he motivated enough for a dogfight to get out of a mess he didn't create?

He admitted on ALOOT that he pretty much gave up on preventing us notching our first relegation.

By Ratman4614/1 08:47Tue Jan 14 08:47:13 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 253

I think that is where the maturity might be from, he took a few knocks knocks and needed to learn from them which I think he has from the Aloot interview.

My concern is his last 3 jobs have been at clubs in relegation trouble, he failed at 2, lets hope he learnt enough to not fail with us.

By Owen B13/1 19:28Mon Jan 13 19:28:24 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 355

I honestly think it's far too early to tell. Give it until mid February for things to turn around before worrying too much. He'll have a handful of signings and loans to bed in over the next couple of weeks.

By East Coast Boro13/1 19:31Mon Jan 13 19:31:19 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 357

Not according to himself on Saturday.

I still believe it will come down to the last couple of weeks. Carlisle (falling like a stone) away on the last day now looks very interesting...............

Kenners knocks one in to the Carlisle goal off his prize posession in 96th minute for us to win 1-0 and stay up on goal difference of +1 more than Carlisle. GW does a Pleat like Jig on the pitch at the end with the destiny banner draped over him and TV shows afterwards the ball hit Kenners hand which was on his prize item at the time.... and theres no VAR!

Well we can but dream

Edited by East Coast Boro at 21:05:22 on 13th January 2020

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 20:50Sun Jan 12 20:50:45 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 747

But he did great.

Nine years ago. When the game was very different.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))13/1 07:56Mon Jan 13 07:56:51 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 625

The game hasn’t kept up with GW

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)13/1 00:09Mon Jan 13 00:09:59 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 681

He did great when he had three years to build a team in a shit league.

By Sev13/1 13:20Mon Jan 13 13:20:51 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 498

So what you're saying is give him 3 years? Good idea.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)13/1 17:03Mon Jan 13 17:03:56 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 446

I’d have given the past two managers at least two years too.

As I’ve said before

1st season - Trial and error with current squad, handful of new additions.

2nd season - Adjust squad and perfect the game plan.

3rd season - Challenge for promotion.

Unless it goes drastically downhill in the second season then there’s no reason not to go into the third season.

By Puds (Chuds)13/1 20:36Mon Jan 13 20:36:11 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 326

Fair points and in all seriousness, I mostly agree.

If from our current situation of being bottom, we went down, would you give our manager the next season to bounce back, or get rid?

Edited by Chuds at 20:36:59 on 13th January 2020

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)13/1 23:38Mon Jan 13 23:38:29 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 280

Keep him. We’re already down IMO and are planning for the conference next season.

Hence the lack of transfers.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Sev13/1 20:08Mon Jan 13 20:08:17 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 337

That's my ideal plan too.

I'd have given Sarll longer. I'd like to have given Dino longer but it was looking dangerous.

I wouldn't have given Sampson the job permanently in the first place.

And now I'll give Westley longer.

By AgentEves13/1 18:43Mon Jan 13 18:43:25 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 368

So... were things not going drastically downhill for Dino in the second season? And did it not become obvious that the only reason we were doing well was because of some wonder goals from Ilias Chair?

And did things not go downhill for Sarll?

You could argue that Sampson could have been given more time, but it wasn't improving at all. He wasn't experimenting, he wasn't fixing the issues, and the performances were so boring it was painful.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)13/1 18:47Mon Jan 13 18:47:47 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 360

Dino, yes.

But he was technically in his third season anyway, so had failed.

Sampson wasn’t even given a transfer window to adjust things. What else can he do? Whack a defender upfront and a forward in defence and see what happens?

Sarll had less that two season. Coming to the end of the second season it was getting worse, so can’t complain there. Probably wouldn’t have improved in the third.

By AgentEves13/1 18:53Mon Jan 13 18:53:06 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 358

What else could he do... attempt to attack on occasion?

By Puds (Chuds)13/1 20:27Mon Jan 13 20:27:41 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 321

Scored more under him than DM and GW.

By AgentEves13/1 23:18Mon Jan 13 23:18:06 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 281

Hardly a big sample size for GW, is it.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 20:32Sun Jan 12 20:32:46 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 758

It will be OK.

Not just because of Graham tho'

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 20:37Sun Jan 12 20:37:04 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 741

Maybe so. I just don’t like the GW bubble

By Junction 712/1 19:42Sun Jan 12 19:42:21 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 795

Easy THEY ARENT HIS PLAYERS 🙄

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 20:04Sun Jan 12 20:04:52 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 759

Why did you want Sampson out then?

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 19:42Sun Jan 12 19:42:48 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 780

They wasn’t Sampsons either

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 17:33Sun Jan 12 17:33:48 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 884

Whilst there is a lot I agree with in there, I didn't actually think we were as bad as many seem to think yesterday, and didn't view it as being much worse than other performances (relatively speaking here, none of them are actually good).

It was like most of our recent home games in that neither side created anything or looked particularly better than the other. For large spells of the second half we were the side attacking and looking most likely to score (or at least create something) and had a couple of decent breaks that we should have done better with. We looked solid at the back again, but didn't create anything from midfield or provide service to the strikers, who again didn't create anything for themselves either. I am stunned that Guthrie stayed on the whole match and was very annoyed with his performance yesterday, and Kennedy frustrated the hell out of me, yet again. I didn't understand why our first sub was bringing Timlin on and I would have brought Parrett on far earlier, plus Cowley. We gave their back line a pretty easy ride. But had it finished 0-0 it would have been another where many fans are applauding enthusiastically at FT and feeling chipper about our chances. But the same old problem is we score so little that if our opposition gets any chance, we are going home without anything, and we gifted them that chance.

I still honestly think we'll stay up, and I believe we will get something out of Tuesday night. My biggest concern is whether Morecambe get a result against Port Vale the same night, which I fear they may. If we were to both win it wouldn't be such a bad thing though as those just above us would start getting a little concerned.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 17:21Sun Jan 12 17:21:13 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 888

That's one of your best long posts.

I think you are being overly pessimistic though.

We'll be fine.

Just.

By Deltic 2113/1 15:00Mon Jan 13 15:00:42 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 467

I see us as being like last season’s Macclesfield. Nailed on for relegation most of the season, but then just managing to scrape enough points together at the end to pull ourselves up to about 20th.

By Gitts n Grattz12/1 16:39Sun Jan 12 16:39:19 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 925

Lighten up ;)

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 16:45Sun Jan 12 16:45:51 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 904

😘

By Gitts n Grattz12/1 17:51Sun Jan 12 17:51:52 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 857

Back at you! And I think we’ll be fine. Still a load of games to play and still a chance of turning things around. I have faith. In GW and in players like Kennedy. The season isn’t completely written off yet and we are not a load of points off anyone - just need to get a run together. It’ll happen. Could have said the same months ago and fair enough but I think with the luck will start to go our way. Maybe a signing loan or otherwise will ignite it. But even with what we have I only believe we will be out of the bottom one or two or three by the end of the season.

By Key West12/1 13:13Sun Jan 12 13:13:20 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1073

It was funny standing by the exit to the North at the end and hearing some twat blaming our fixture schedule. What a fucking moron.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 15:51Sun Jan 12 15:51:05 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 943

If we didn't have all these football matches we wouldn't lose as many.

Can't argue with logic.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)12/1 13:35Sun Jan 12 13:35:46 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1025

You didn't have to listen to me.

By Puds (Chuds)11/1 19:17Sat Jan 11 19:17:27 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1644

Our form, goalscoring and PPG has certainly improved under him.

But he does a good Podcast so it's fine.

By Freemo11/1 21:53Sat Jan 11 21:53:44 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1496

Bringing in Dino because he was one of the boys worked out shite too.

By SFA12/1 00:01Sun Jan 12 00:01:12 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1426

The frustrating thing for me with those appointments is that they've been promising - under both Sarll and Maamria we've nearly reached the play-offs before becoming awful the next season.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)12/1 00:08Sun Jan 12 00:08:34 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1407

It’s almost as if our transfer policy is a load of fucking gash.

Personally I’d hope whoever has been signing off on transfers is sacked on the field during half time of a game.

By Jonnym812/1 13:36Sun Jan 12 13:36:46 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1022

Yes Paulio!!

We’ll keep on ignoring the recruitment though

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)12/1 14:45Sun Jan 12 14:45:46 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 966

Absolutely embarrassing since Westley left for Preston.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))11/1 18:39Sat Jan 11 18:39:17 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1669

At times like this it is best to think of Nelson Mandela. Dig in, fight on. One day they will honour you

By Gitts n Grattz11/1 18:49Sat Jan 11 18:49:07 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1641

A winner is a dreamer who never gives up

A step backwards.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)11/1 17:43Sat Jan 11 17:43:57 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1866

No fight.

Re: A step backwards.

By Sev12/1 07:27Sun Jan 12 07:27:09 2020In response to A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1360

Exactly. We had made steps forward. Yesterday was similar to games under Sampson. Less tenacity, didn't really look troubled, but didn't have enough to force the win, then concede late.

I won't mind so much if we now make another 2 steps forward.

By SFCfox12/1 08:18Sun Jan 12 08:18:14 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1314

Under Sampson, only against Carlisle and Swindon did it mean conceding post 80 minutes we've turned a draw in to a loss.

Under GW it's already happened three times (Plymouth, Northampton and Port Vale)

#teamSampson

Edited by SFCfox at 08:19:15 on 12th January 2020

By SFA12/1 08:53Sun Jan 12 08:53:32 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1267

Although we did also concede a late goal at Newport under Sampson (granted that turned a win into a draw, not a draw into a loss).

By SFCfox12/1 08:55Sun Jan 12 08:55:44 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1278

Yep. We scored goals back then.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 11:09Sun Jan 12 11:09:47 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1142

And Guthrie looked interested.

Of course it is absolutely fine for Kennedy to not give a shit and amble about under every manager other than GW and our fans still lick his arsehole as some kind of hero, but not Guthrie, he has to run around relentlessly every game to have any value or respect, despite scoring a third of all of our goals and being vital. I guess our fans are just massive fucking racists.

By Tucks12/1 11:57Sun Jan 12 11:57:07 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1098

Kennedy has been crap for a long time. GW is the only manager who has ever really got a tune out of him. Since GW has come back Kennedy appears to have put in improved performances (from what I’ve read more than what I’ve seen). Apparently yesterday he was shit, granted. I wasn’t there so I can’t comment on that.

Guthrie has scored five of our 22 goals in all competitions, that isn’t a third. We can dress stats up to suit us and say that Kennedy is our second highest ever goal scorer in league football and therefore is vital, but what’s the point, he’s been bobbins for a long while. If he doesn’t look like he gives a fuck he can fuck off. Ultimately we’re in a relegation fight, the sum of the total is the most important thing. It isn’t a Kennedy or Guthrie issue, it’s an issue that we’re shit and we’re in the shit. We need people who can get us out of it.

By Sev12/1 11:44Sun Jan 12 11:44:23 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1114

Kennedy has barely featured under Dino/Sampson because he was dropped for being shit and uninterested. And when he did play the majority said he shouldnt be in the team. Before GW came we had all written him off and ready to let him go.

Guthrie is the one who gets away with doing fuck all because he's scored goals in the past. (Usually either against an old club or if he's playing for a contract).

Kennedy has been fine since GW returned so happy for him to maintain his place in the side.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Cruffers12/1 14:25Sun Jan 12 14:25:54 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 969

Kennedy was far from fine yesterday. He was poor and lazy.

By Jonnym812/1 13:41Sun Jan 12 13:41:52 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1001

The game before Westley returned I said Kennedy was finished. The three games I watched in which he had featured under GW he has played well so happy for him to continue if he can keep that level. Yesterday (not one of the three games) he wasn’t at his best, but still offered something albeit his decision making and end product wasn’t great.

By Sev12/1 16:47Sun Jan 12 16:47:42 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 886

Yes exactly the same here. Yesterday he wasn't good. The whole team wasn't.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 12:10Sun Jan 12 12:10:23 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1086

This. Westley is our manager. If he can get Kenndy playing, I don't care that no-one else can. It's fucking irrelevant.

I'm a fan, he's the only player who can get you on the edge of your seat. He wants the ball all the time and wants to keep it rather than treat it like a hot potato, he wants to go forward. Sometimes it doesn't work, he can be greedy, make the wrong decisions and drift out of games. That's when you should hook him.

Is he a bit of a luxury player? Probably. But as a spectacle the game is generally better when he's on the pitch.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))12/1 21:36Sun Jan 12 21:36:22 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 689

I don’t think he’s that good. He’s not a between the lines quality player like Drury. Kennedy always seems to have the ball with the oppo in front of him. It’s because he doesn’t move with much intelligence, and maybe because his teammates aren’t very good. This is, after all, the weakest squad in 15 years.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 21:41Sun Jan 12 21:41:40 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 691

Our weakest squad since Boycie started watching us just after the Great Fire of London in 1666, only GW can get us out of this mess.

By Owen B12/1 12:23Sun Jan 12 12:23:38 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1058

Oh yeah, I agree. I'm just surprised he's still here after a number of seasons of seemingly going downhill.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 12:13Sun Jan 12 12:13:00 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1083

Totally disagree.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 12:19Sun Jan 12 12:19:25 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1060

You're allowed to.

Even you can be wrong sometimes.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 12:21Sun Jan 12 12:21:56 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1058

I can be.

I'm not. But I can be.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 12:22Sun Jan 12 12:22:51 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1051

Who would you play in that creative role instead?

By Sev12/1 12:40Sun Jan 12 12:40:43 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1041

Yeah that's my point of view.

If you can find someone better, go for it, Kennedy isn't perfect. He's stayed at L2 level and with us because of his flaws. A loan player from a bigger club like Chair would be great.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 12:23Sun Jan 12 12:23:19 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1046

Josh Walker.

By jayess12/1 12:02Sun Jan 12 12:02:35 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1075

Kennedy was anonymous at Bristol and pony yesterday.
Question: when did he last score a goal?

By SFCfox12/1 12:40Sun Jan 12 12:40:33 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1039

I wouldn't say he was pony although that ball to Lakin when we was breaking was a stinker. However, would i back Lakin to score it? Not a chance.

By Sev12/1 12:08Sun Jan 12 12:08:47 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1066

When did we last score a goal. He wasnt great yesterday but he also wasnt any worse than any other player. I didn't even notice Leesley. So if we are singling out Kennedy what about the others. Lakin had a below par game too by his standards. TVC didn't do a lot.

If you are going to single out a person it would be Guthrie who put in half as much effort as everyone else (including Kennedy) and contributed next to nothing to the game, but for one chance he should have scored (header as usual).

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Cruffers12/1 14:29Sun Jan 12 14:29:00 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 954

Perhaps Guthrie should smile at the ET a lot during the game and then he’d win over a lot of fans.

By peanut13/1 16:46Mon Jan 13 16:46:29 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 412

Plenty of players don't smile and play up to ET and are still popular. It has nothing to do with him smiling, his race or any other nonsensical metric - he just clearly doesn't want to be here and his attitude on the pitch is pretty clear to see. If you honestly think he put in the required effort yesterday, or has done more than a couple of times all season, then we must have been watching different games.

On the Kennedy stuff - he was shocking yesterday but nowhere near as bad as Leesley or Guthrie who contributed almost nothing whatsoever. I think it was Sev somewhere in this thread who said at least Kennedy wants the ball, at the moment that's a better option that most

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 12:15Sun Jan 12 12:15:10 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1065

TVC was a DM. What was you expecting? He was fine. As was Leesley

Lakin and Kennedy was turgid

By Tucks12/1 12:48Sun Jan 12 12:48:15 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1030

Fine isn’t good enough when you’re bottom of the league.

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)12/1 13:26Sun Jan 12 13:26:52 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 991

Find where I said it was

Ah yeah. I didn’t

By Tucks12/1 13:30Sun Jan 12 13:30:36 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Find where I said you said it was.

Ah yeah. I didn’t.

By Sev12/1 12:19Sun Jan 12 12:19:05 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1068

It's easy to look fine when you don't do a lot.

The two players you call turgid were the two who actually showed for the ball, tried to be positive, wanted to play but fell somewhat short yesterday.

You need players like this to try things and not be afraid of being dropped when they dont work out. Otherwise we will go back to no one wanting the ball and no one daring to try anything. Taylor is similar.

By Sev12/1 12:52Sun Jan 12 12:52:35 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1036

*also, I found out the other week turgid doesn't mean what you think it means.

Unless you meant they were swollen.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 13:36Sun Jan 12 13:36:44 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Did you tell me about that at a game?

I am sure I recall somebody going on about it recently and cannot believe it is two separate people.

By Jonnym812/1 13:42Sun Jan 12 13:42:52 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1003

It was Agent Eves who pointed it out in response to me describing our football as turgid

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)13/1 01:32Mon Jan 13 01:32:49 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 644

BOMBASTIC

By Sev12/1 16:49Sun Jan 12 16:49:57 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 898

Yeah it was either here of twitter that I saw it. Almost everyone uses it to mean rubbish/terrible, that's what I thought it meant!

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 11:53Sun Jan 12 11:53:11 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1099

Has he been? Maybe the first game or two but not since.

And how many goals does he have this season? How many assists? How much has he actually contributed to helping us? That four on one attack yesterday where he belted the ball out of play rather than creating a goal sums him up.

But people like YOU absolutely LOVE the guy so will FABRICATE how well he has been playing and how he deserves a place in the side. It's absolute garbage.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Freemo12/1 14:35Sun Jan 12 14:35:43 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 948

Chill out, yeah? This is Boro. Sentimentalising mediocrity is what we do.

By Sev12/1 12:14Sun Jan 12 12:14:12 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1056

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/borochat/article/476570

By Elkding12/1 12:13Sun Jan 12 12:13:05 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1051

‘But people like YOU absolutely LOVE the guy so will FABRICATE how well he has been playing and how he deserves a place in the side. It's absolute garbage.’

Think you’ve spent too much time modelling your online tone of voice on Donald Trump.

By Sev12/1 12:05Sun Jan 12 12:05:32 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1060

That was a wasted chance but it wasnt intentional, the ball bobbled up as he went to kick it and ended up shinning it hence it not going where intended.

And every game I've seen since GW returned he has been worthy of a place compared to the other players.

If you recall when Samspon played both Kennedy and Iontton in the same side I was fuming and said you cant afford to play them because it's like playing with 9 men.

So I criticise when deserved and praise when deserved. I'm not blinkered or hold MASSIVE grudges against players like you.

Poor Tom Collins.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 12:14Sun Jan 12 12:14:19 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1056

Making up EXCUSES for your BELOVED Kennedy as per usual. CLASSIC.

By East Coast Boro12/1 12:14Sun Jan 12 12:14:02 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1046

"the ball bobbled up ...."

Can we use that excuse when a 'non- fans favourite player' does something unpopular please? ;-)

By Sev12/1 12:16Sun Jan 12 12:16:08 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1050

If it actually happened. It's not an excuse as such, because regardless we were in a position of great strength and he could have done a number of things including making sure the ball was under control before passing. He had time. So not saying it wasn't his fault, just saying it wasnt because he was shit or lazy. Was unfortunate.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 12:21Sun Jan 12 12:21:08 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1042

He is SHIT though.

And LAZY. Somebody NOT lazy would actually spend some of the many HOURS they have available each day learning how to kick a ball with their RIGHT foot rather than using it purely for standing on.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)12/1 12:21Sun Jan 12 12:21:58 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1044

Google his goal against Luton.

If he could use both feet he wouldn't play for Stevenage.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 12:22Sun Jan 12 12:22:58 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1045

Then we'd all be happy.

By Owen B12/1 11:25Sun Jan 12 11:25:51 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1100

I can't believe Kennedy is still at Stevenage. Is he a player that a succession of managers think they can get a tune out of? Like an ill-advised vanity project.

By Puds (Chuds)12/1 11:54Sun Jan 12 11:54:44 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1081

Whilst being a lazy, selfish, arrogant, waste of space on the pitch for years on end?

Yep, that's him.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)12/1 11:44Sun Jan 12 11:44:33 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1082

He’s like Rooney.

Talented when he was a kid.

Only Rooney was so talented he didn’t need to improve, whereas Kennedy wasn’t talented enough to not improve.

By Themessiah11/1 19:29Sat Jan 11 19:29:20 2020In response to A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1552

Team hasnt had any fight all season proved that on opening day against salford

By Handyandy112/1 02:19Sun Jan 12 02:19:58 2020In response to Re: A step backwards.Top of thread

Views: 1350

Been fighting recently.

By Thora11/1 17:41Sat Jan 11 17:41:04 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1783

The left side of the East are all 13 arent they? Tell them to fuck off.

6 people like this 6 people   

By RockyBottom11/1 17:31Sat Jan 11 17:31:54 2020In response to CommentTop of thread

Views: 1814

Based on what? Not scoring a goal since he came back?

By Donnellyrd (Donnelly)11/1 17:37Sat Jan 11 17:37:39 2020In response to Re: CommentTop of thread

Views: 1794

I’ll be fair. List scored v Plymouth

But I was being sarcastic

Previous thread: National league poll? by WASP13/1 17:55Mon Jan 13 17:55:54 2020view thread