ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Russell Slade by PaulioToday 00:53Today at 00:53:48view thread

Oldest article: Adam Marriott by Elkding7/1 20:58Tue Jan 7 20:58:57 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: When will the players start trying ? by Richie Rich C14/1 21:57Tue Jan 14 21:57:02 2020view thread

Change to team

By worrier14/1 22:41Tue Jan 14 22:41:19 2020

Views: 1070

Alot of players just don't seem interested so replace them with other players who want a try out for the first team

So next game if players are fit

Farman

List
Cuthbert
Nugent
Stokes

Kennedy
Digby
Larkin
Wilding

Cassidy
Cowley

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people dislike this 3 people

Re: Change to team

By Sev14/1 23:09Tue Jan 14 23:09:05 2020In response to Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 904

Just drop Timlin and Guthrie for Parrett and Cassidy and it will be like having 11 players playing again.

Annoying that Cuthbert is injured but defensively we are still doing well.

Edit: for Saturday I would to with

Farman
Wildin Fernandez Nugent Stokes
Kennedy Parrett Digby Leesley
CMS Cassidy

We need Digby in midfield as without Soares and Byrom we don't have a sitting midfielder who isn't Timlin.

The added bonus is the young Barmy Army will love singing Fernandezs song at Cambridge and get an atmosphere going.

Cowley to come on at 65 mins. Lakin and List on 70 and 80.

Job done. Programme it in, don't even need a manager

Edited by Sev at 23:19:28 on 14th January 2020

5 people like this 5 people   

By Thora15/1 09:07Wed Jan 15 09:07:15 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 717

I'd have Lakin the middle and Digby at CB. He's looked half tidy there.

On that, why was Lakin LW last wing? He was great in CM vs. Colchester.

Was he shit at the weekend?

2 people like this 2 people   

By Puds (Chuds)15/1 10:25Wed Jan 15 10:25:47 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 633

Not shit, just didn't really contribute anything.

I just do not understand Timlin. Why did GW bring him on for Lakin and before any attacking sub against Vale, and why did he start last night?

By AgentEves15/1 17:35Wed Jan 15 17:35:50 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 551

I think Timlin is in the side because of his organizational and leadership capabilities. We've often seen players in the team because of 'what they bring' rather than because they're actually any fucking good. Simon Walton being a prime example of that. I think in a team void of leaders, presumably this is Westley's attempt to rectify that. I would imagine he probably works hard in training, too. Speculation, of course.

I honestly don't get it, he's awful. Even if he is a good leader or a good influence on those around him, when his contribution to actually playing football is so negative, I don't see that as a fair trade off.

By Themessiah15/1 18:51Wed Jan 15 18:51:00 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 483

Are there any more new players coming in as i heard another 3 or 4 players are joining us

By Northlondonboro (Adam M)15/1 09:11Wed Jan 15 09:11:58 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 685

Yes he was

By Handyandy116/1 11:12Thu Jan 16 11:12:48 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 295

Mr Chair's not available again I take it. I table we try for chair.

By Thora15/1 09:12Wed Jan 15 09:12:57 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 672

Fair enough.

By AgentEves14/1 22:45Tue Jan 14 22:45:51 2020In response to Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 835

I dont love that lineup, but I dont think this is an awful idea. Clearly the players playing currently aren't good enough, so play the lads with a point to prove.

Does anyone know if Digby played CM or CB last season?

By Themessiah14/1 22:45Tue Jan 14 22:45:28 2020In response to Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 868

Cuthbert still out injured so thats knackered it

By Stotfoldboro15/1 18:59Wed Jan 15 18:59:40 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 472

I spoke with him at the game on Tuesday night, he said he was nearly match fit and his return is imminent , I can’t wait.

By Puds (Chuds)14/1 22:43Tue Jan 14 22:43:56 2020In response to Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 847

Do you not think Cuthbert might already be playing if fit?

Kennedy hasn't been interested for four years.

Who are Larkin and Wilding? They sound good.

Otherwise, C+.

By Willo914/1 23:06Tue Jan 14 23:06:18 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 835

Farman, Cuthbert when fit Stokes, Digby could all play for a top 5 club in this league. Wildin looked so uncomfortable in possession and must stop crosses going into the box, Carter offers nothing going forward anymore, Timlin should of stayed retired, Lakin tried and showed so good touches, Cowley works hard but lacks real quality when needed, Guthrie needs to go, 6"3 didn't win a header all night, didn't put himself about,List didn't effect the game again in his forward position, Leesley showed us what he is a conference squad player. Nugent i like but his distribution had been dreadful lately, Kennedy not on long enough to have an influence. Conference football next season!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By AgentEves15/1 17:42Wed Jan 15 17:42:02 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 535

"Farman, Cuthbert when fit Stokes, Digby" Agreed.

"Carter offers nothing going forward anymore" I think that's possibly to do with his midfield partners and the job he's being asked to do not being his natural position. Stick him as an attack-only midfielder and I think he'd be much better.

"Cowley works hard but lacks real quality when needed" I don't think Cowley has had a sniff of anything this season. He isn't being helped by anyone around him, and he isn't getting any decent service. I don't know how you can say he lacks quality when all he's been given are long aimless punts up the field for him to chase. I think if you can create good chances for him, he'd start banging them in for fun. I'm not going to be remotely shocked when we let him go and he goes elsewhere and absolutely smashes it.

"Nugent i like but his distribution had been dreadful lately" Lately? His distribution has always been awful. I honestly don't get it. He's a decent defender, but how can he be so fucking shit at passing? Like why is no-one working on this with him and getting him working almost solely on passing under pressure. It's all well and good him winning all his headers and most of his tackles, but if he's just going to whack the ball to the opposition, it's fucking pointless.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/1 10:16Thu Jan 16 10:16:56 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 312

Nugent's distribution is much like his dad's was

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)16/1 10:38Thu Jan 16 10:38:31 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 320

Ted?

Could only hit it towards the right wing?

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/1 11:48Thu Jan 16 11:48:02 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 288

I was going to send you a post on the Twitter, but I’m on a ban again.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)16/1 12:08Thu Jan 16 12:08:19 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 286

Spotted that. 3 days this time?

You in the last chance saloon? Best create an alternate ID from your phone on 4G using a different email address to the one you created on your home broadband.

Unless you have access to a VPN.

Or stop calling people c***s, that works too.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 12:08:52 on 16th January 2020

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/1 14:04Thu Jan 16 14:04:29 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 258

I haven't actually been sweary in my insults. Dunno why.

By Puds (Chuds)16/1 11:49Thu Jan 16 11:49:16 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 283

Want the Borochat log-in details?

You can share with Polio who has taken it over.

By Specky (Mike H)15/1 20:17Wed Jan 15 20:17:06 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 408

When we signed Cowley, my feeling was that we've snapped him up as one for the future. He has the quality, but from the level that he was signed from it's a big learning curve. But you don't score 70+ goals in two seasons with out having that nowse as to where the goal is.

3 people like this 3 people   

By AgentEves15/1 22:03Wed Jan 15 22:03:11 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 394

And yet he never gets on the pitch.

Honestly, if I was Cowley, and they signed Revs and put him on the pitch ahead of me, I would have handed in my transfer request. I thought that was so disrespectful. Revs wasn't even remotely fit. Not to mention isn't even that good. It's not like he was hammering goals in all last season. If Westley would rather play Guthrie, Revs and Kelland fucking Watts up front ahead of Cowley, then that tells me that he's never going to get a look in. Presumably because he isn't big enough.

Considering how much we are struggling to score, the fact that we have a striker who has a proven track record, albeit at a lower level, sitting on the bench, is mind boggling to me. I just hope that he eventually gets a chance to prove himself. I doubt that's going to happen, though, especially now we've signed Cassidy (also a target man, isn't he?)

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Sev15/1 22:16Wed Jan 15 22:16:06 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 372

Different types of forward though. You could say that about any of the players if Revs gets on ahead of them.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 2115/1 22:29Wed Jan 15 22:29:32 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 349

Yep. Lee Boylan, Adam Marriott and Reid were all short-arses but could score goals.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)15/1 22:44Wed Jan 15 22:44:55 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 339

And Chris Pearson.

By P-Dizzle (Paulio)15/1 19:20Wed Jan 15 19:20:09 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 433

I enjoyed it last night when Nugent passes the ball to no one and proceeded to have a go at the players that were no where near where he passed to.

By Wallace’sWallet14/1 23:20Tue Jan 14 23:20:51 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 786

First game I’ve been to in a few years tired as I wanted to see whether we’re truly as bad as what I read on here.

Having looked at the team I feel that what we’re missing most of central midfielders. Timlin is an absolute waste of space and we’re literally playing with 10-men on the field with him there. The man can’t tackle, track back, control the ball or even give a pass that isn’t sideways. He reminds of a Stacy Long type player except he actually ‘cant’ pick a pass.

I was really impressed with our defending today, given that large spells of the game we were under the cosh and our back 4 were really impressive. However for every header we won and clearance we made, there was no midfield to pick the ball up.

Whilst Guthrie can certainly work harder, I think it’s unfair to say he didn’t win anything when he’s only getting 3 opportunities a game. I’d like to see him with some decent service.

Signing this new striker won’t help us I think, we could have Salah up front and we would score goals because first the first half we couldn’t get the ball beyond the half way line.

With the wind behind our backs that made their defence shaky and we clearly built on that. But that being said we looked our best when we got the ball on the floor. We do not have the strength mentally or physically in the centre of the park to contest aerial balls, we lost every first and second ball.

Personally I’d maybe look at a 4-1-2-2-1

Stokes, Nugent, Cuthbert, Wildin
Digby
Parret, Kennedy,
List. Lakin
Guthrie

Give Kennedy the freedom to play in the centre of the park behind Guthrie whilst hopefully getting a bit more of a physical presence from having Digby in midfield.

From what I saw Wildin offered more going forward that TVC (not really counting the first half as we were boxed in the entire time)

By Jonnym814/1 23:08Tue Jan 14 23:08:10 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 790

Stokes? Meh

By Thora15/1 09:11Wed Jan 15 09:11:40 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 667

Correct.

Granted, I've not seen loads, but based on 2 of the last three games, Farman, Nugent, Digby (at CB), Lakin (in CM) are the only ones I'd want to see regularly.

I'll reserve judgement on Leesley as I didn't think he was terrible last night. Cowley hasn't had long enough for me to form a full opinion on yet. TVC looked better than Wildin but then the gap that was left there while the sub was being made looked better Wildin.

Stokes, Wildin, Timlin, Carter, List can all fuck off and then fuck off again when they get there.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By AgentEves15/1 17:49Wed Jan 15 17:49:07 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 497

What's wrong with Stokes? I don't think we'd get much better than him as a League Two full back.

I don't think the back four needs drastically changing. I think, when all of them are fit, a back four of TVC, Cuthbert, Nugent and Stokes is fine. Conceding goals isn't a problem, so I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel at the back.

That would free up Digby to play CM. I don't think he's exactly what we need there, but he would at least be a physical presence. Stick him along side a player with a bit of creativity and an engine, and I think we'd be better than we are right now. Parrett would have been that player 5 years ago, but I don't think he has the legs anymore to play the box-to-box role he used to play. I think he is best employed as a number 10 now.

I also don't think Carter is THAT bad. I don't think he's a starter, but he isn't awful.

List had a few good games at right back, but he isn't good enough to be anything other than a back-up right back. Timlin can go, as can Wildin.

By SFCfox15/1 09:13Wed Jan 15 09:13:34 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 704

Stokes?! He's class above. Lakin needs to find an end product to be any good.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Puds (Chuds)15/1 10:26Wed Jan 15 10:26:52 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 614

Aye, I rate Stokes.

By Thora15/1 09:18Wed Jan 15 09:18:24 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 626

As I say, I've not seen much but he's done nothing for me other than have a tantrum.

I'm happy to take your opinion as someone who's seen more and has demonstrated over the years that they actually have an idea about football.

By SFCfox15/1 09:48Wed Jan 15 09:48:42 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 614

Haha, not sure about that but thanks!

Stokes is a solid left back and half decent at going forward.

Lakin is still streets ahead of Timlin. I'm sure his decision making will come with getting experience/coaching.

4 people like this 4 people   

By billy no mates (Albert Tatlock)15/1 16:31Wed Jan 15 16:31:22 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 562

i remember that Puds made a list of who should depart a couple of weeks back. he has yet to be proven wrong. the longer we retain dross the more likely we will return to the conference.

By Puds (Chuds)15/1 17:21Wed Jan 15 17:21:39 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 542

That Puds chap knows his beans.

By Sev15/1 22:12Wed Jan 15 22:12:44 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 364

You just copied my list but left Guthrie in.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)15/1 18:01Wed Jan 15 18:01:39 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 498

He should pick the team.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)15/1 17:30Wed Jan 15 17:30:05 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 520

*onions

By Puds (Chuds)15/1 17:42Wed Jan 15 17:42:46 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 504

No, I don't like them.

By billy no mates (Albert Tatlock)15/1 17:33Wed Jan 15 17:33:11 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 513

a worrying development - that he could be so wrong with the vegetables......

By Deltic 2115/1 18:49Wed Jan 15 18:49:50 2020In response to Re: Change to teamTop of thread

Views: 454

I’m not sure you should be calling the players vegetables.

Oh! I see what you mean...

Previous thread: Major Leak from the Club by The Daily Stevenage16/1 12:38Thu Jan 16 12:38:12 2020view thread