ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Music Stevenage have run out to by BaldockToday 00:33Today at 00:33:16view thread

Oldest article: Kazaiah Sterling by Elkding31/1 19:43Fri Jan 31 19:43:54 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: What Stevenage Means To Me by Tucks16/2 03:01Sun Feb 16 03:01:10 2020view thread

Match Thread

By AgentEves15/2 15:53Sat Feb 15 15:53:57 2020

Views: 1200

We have been all over them. Easy to argue we have the wind in our favour but we are actually playing the ball on the deck and look very good in possession. No clear cut chances but we look close to getting a goal.

Most importantly, we didnt capitulate after the goal. We are very much still in this.

Who'd have thought that dropping Nugent would result in us not hoofing it anymore...

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Match Thread

By MSFC (MSFC)15/2 17:10Sat Feb 15 17:10:05 2020In response to Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 847

Six losses on the trot. Must not complain though. Don't want to be boring.

By AgentEves15/2 22:57Sat Feb 15 22:57:46 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 484

It isnt the complaining about shit performances that's boring. That's what this forum is for. To express how you feel and debate with others.

What's boring is the "we should never have hired Westley" and the sarcastic "at least our messiah is back to save us" comments every week.

Stop acting like you're not allowed to comment or have an opinion because it simply isn't true.

By MSFC (MSFC)15/2 23:19Sat Feb 15 23:19:19 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 473

The behaviour of some of the Westleyites towards some of our previous managers should not be forgotten. Sarll and Gary Smith come to mind. As for his appointment I just thought he was the wrong man for the job and I still do. The utter hero worship is damaging the club but i suppose I will have to suffer him relegating us yet again just to get this fan base to MOVE ON. It is really sad that he had to come back and ruin his legacy ( or what was left of it ).

Even though I didn't want him here I still want him to succeed. So far though it's been as expected.

By Cruffers16/2 06:32Sun Feb 16 06:32:10 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 385

Hopefully if you were at the game yesterday, you would’ve noticed that that there was none of that “Westley, give us a wave” stuff being sung. It was all about the club as a whole we’re supporting, not the individual. So there was no hero worshipping going on.

By Sev16/2 10:25Sun Feb 16 10:25:20 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 251

It's an obsession. Most have a reasonably balanced view but a few dislikers see things that aren't there. Where are these Westley worshippers? Where are these fans who hounded every other manager out of the club? They don't exist. Just someone with a grudge making shit up for their own cause.

By Owen B16/2 10:27Sun Feb 16 10:27:14 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 246

You're wasting your time Sev. It's a strawman argument continuously put up by one subject posters.

By MSFC (MSFC)16/2 07:22Sun Feb 16 07:22:30 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 350

I was unable to go. I would love to have been there to give the club my support too. In the end the club is bigger than any individual. I will try to make a home game very soon.

By Stevie Wonder (Geoff Wode)16/2 00:45Sun Feb 16 00:45:31 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 408

“The behaviour of some of the Westleyites towards some of our previous managers should not be forgotten. Sarll and Gary Smith come to mind.”

You’re confusing those with a blind devotion to Westley with those who hated watching the shit football that Smith and Sarll routinely served up.

By AgentEves15/2 23:30Sat Feb 15 23:30:17 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 446

You're inability to understand and comprehend anything that is said to you is fascinating.

By MSFC (MSFC)15/2 23:46Sat Feb 15 23:46:57 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 416

You can just ignore me you know. I just think you love having the last word.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/2 00:39Sun Feb 16 00:39:21 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 391

You can’t ignore posters though. Which is a shame re shit like you

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))15/2 23:27Sat Feb 15 23:27:43 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 421

I have to suffer

One thinks of Mandela again. A kindred spirit of yours

By Puds (Chuds)15/2 21:41Sat Feb 15 21:41:16 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 499

Seven.

By Jonnym815/2 20:42Sat Feb 15 20:42:10 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 548

Have a massive pat on the back. You absolute hero.

By MSFC (MSFC)15/2 22:54Sat Feb 15 22:54:04 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 447

It's the truth. Live with it.

By Copeysaurus15/2 17:01Sat Feb 15 17:01:02 2020In response to Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 804

How much does James Wilson earn?

By AgentEves15/2 16:57Sat Feb 15 16:57:21 2020In response to Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 818

Best I've seen us play for a long while, but we just didnt quite have enough to get the goal we deserved. We bossed most of the game but just couldnt quite make it count.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 09:25Sun Feb 16 09:25:07 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 238

I was gutted their goal came from a move that started with a clear foul on our player.
We deserved at least a point.

By Ian C15/2 18:57Sat Feb 15 18:57:23 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 606

Best we've played since GW returned, but we just can't get the ball in the net. Players trying to make sure rather than just have a shot and see what happens.

By Freemo15/2 16:58Sat Feb 15 16:58:24 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 815

I think "we go again" is what the cool kids say now?

By Borominister15/2 17:00Sat Feb 15 17:00:37 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 791

Possession dont win games does it.

By AgentEves15/2 16:16Sat Feb 15 16:16:39 2020In response to Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 945

Two good chances there. We are looking decent.

By Copeysaurus15/2 15:58Sat Feb 15 15:58:11 2020In response to Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 1007

No proper finisher is killing us. Lakin, List, Kemp all nifty on the ball. Can’t hit a barn door.

Wonder if Adam Marriott was worth a shout again

By SFCfox16/2 08:55Sun Feb 16 08:55:37 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 261

Lakin fluffed two big chances. One where it opened up for him but instead he decided to play in Cassidy and the one he walloped wide from about 6 yards.

MOMENTS.

By Themessiah15/2 16:06Sat Feb 15 16:06:59 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 958

Come on boro fucksake

By AgentEves15/2 15:59Sat Feb 15 15:59:36 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 992

Kemp looks quality.

Carter great feet but just cannons shots into a crowd.

But I agree, we dont have a poacher, which is probably what we need. I actually think Cowley could have been that player. He just never got any service.

By Freemo15/2 16:05Sat Feb 15 16:05:42 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 953

I didn't rate Cowley but I'm not still not sure what edge Parkhouse and Folami are supposed to have over him in terms of first team experience.

By Copeysaurus15/2 16:00Sat Feb 15 16:00:34 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 987

Who remembers Danny Newton? :(

By RockyBottom15/2 16:08Sat Feb 15 16:08:33 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 972

Saving Newton to destroy The Conference.

By Themessiah15/2 16:34Sat Feb 15 16:34:28 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 891

Apparently will be back for walsall game

By Deltic 2115/2 22:24Sat Feb 15 22:24:13 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 473

I thought that was a much, much better game with the first half particularly being full of chances with players producing co-ordinated attacks AND having shots. Unremarkable for most teams in-form, but for us a major change for the better. The players looked like they wanted it and worked hard and accurately, particularly considering the conditions. I put this down to getting back players that I rate - Lakin, List and, yes, even Leesley. List shows creativity and a willingness to push forward and I have lamented him being out of the side.

The problem of course is not scoring. Wildin put in a decent shot that I just wish hadn’t gone straight to the keeper, and put himself in some decent positions where another shot might have been the right option, but instead passed with no result. In the second half, Lakin got a nice run into the box in space - I was screaming at him to shoot as from my perspective on the East it looked like a golden space had opened up in front of him, but he played it left to Cassidy who shot across goal. So frustrating. Doubly frustrating was Salford scoring, and making the most of their few decent attacks - we could do with that happening for us occasionally.

I liked us again today. I liked the squad, the formation, the trying, the driving forward, and that the right people had been dropped. But I would have liked it a whole lot more if we’d picked up points because it really is miracle territory now.

By AgentEves15/2 22:55Sat Feb 15 22:55:06 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 439

Fair summary, and I agree with the assessment.

At this stage, the only thing I'm clinging onto is the fact that in the past, Westley spends a lot of time at the start of the season jumbling the team around, trying a bunch of different formations and combinations of players to see what works, who works well together, and how players react to certain things. It's one of the reasons why we rarely start a season strongly. I'm hoping that it might look a shambles right now but he eventually finds what works, it all clicks into place, and we put a little run together. Its desperate, but it's the only thing left that I can think of that might result in us pulling this out of our arses.

With the other teams around us losing, putting together a little run might be all it takes. 12 games is still 36 available points. Its squeaky bum time, but it ain't over til it's over. Today filled me with some confidence that we might actually be able to find a formula that works.

By Deltic 2115/2 23:09Sat Feb 15 23:09:10 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 434

Yes. Exactly this, which is why I probably wouldn’t change GW now. But who knows what the right thing to do is? We really did deserve something from that today.

By AgentEves15/2 23:14Sat Feb 15 23:14:07 2020In response to Re: Match ThreadTop of thread

Views: 423

I had lost most hope that we would stay up, but today I saw something that suggests we might still have an outside chance. I dont know exactly what it was, but there was something there that has been lacking. I think the best example was when Salford tried to counter attack and we put in a few huge tackles to snuff it out. It just seemed more urgent, and the football was significantly better.

I dont think I would change Westley; I think it's too late for anyone to come in and make a difference in such a short time frame. We've had 3 managers, and it has been shit under all three. I dont know what suggests that bringing in a 4th would make it any different. Give him the chance to find the winning formula. He makes the argument that he assembled the team that kept Newport up, and it's hard to completely dispute that... maybe we have the pieces now and just need to let it fall into place.

Previous thread: TSFC Podcast “Boro Fan of The Season”. by Boromatt13/2 14:12Thu Feb 13 14:12:39 2020view thread