ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kit Supplier by Mercury 88Today 15:33Today at 15:33:38view thread

Oldest article: New Signing - Dan Kemp by Pat31/1 11:23Fri Jan 31 11:23:07 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Barmy army by Copeysaurus15/2 16:57Sat Feb 15 16:57:27 2020view thread

What Stevenage Means To Me

By Tucks16/2 03:01Sun Feb 16 03:01:10 2020

Views: 589

I’m a little bit emotional tonight/this morning depending how you look at it and granted it could be due to a lot of beer but also our plight has been weighing heavily on me for a while now.

Yesterday struck a nerve with me, an anniversary of winning away at Hillsborough in the league. It dragged up all the other things that we’ve done since we’ve been a league club. Doing the double over Wednesday (absolutely dicking them at home), giving Wolves a hard time in the league, beating Bournemouth away, knocking Newcastle out of the cup, taking Spurs to a replay and taking the lead at White Hart Lane, winning at Luton, winning at Reading, crying at Sheffield United in the league one play offs (unashamedly). Dicking Sheffield United at home. Beardo being unplayable at Brentford, Robbo’s volley at Wimbledon away in the FL Trophy or whatever it was called than... Kenners tearing Southend a new one in the league on our way to the play offs, Daisy’s heroics against Southend in said play offs. Even Joronen scoring a goal during the dark, dark Sheringham days. The play off final at Old Trafford. The list can go on.

I’ve made my peace with the fact that we’re going down I guess but fuck, we’re going down. And we aren’t even putting up a fight. That’s not my club, there is nothing at Stevenage FC anymore that made me fall in love with the club and that breaks my heart just a little bit. I’ll follow us through thick and thin but it’s thin right now and I can’t see anyone who gives a toss.

reply to this article | return to the front page

11 people like this 11 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: What Stevenage Means To Me

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)16/2 11:32Sun Feb 16 11:32:10 2020In response to What Stevenage Means To MeTop of thread

Views: 329

Fantastic post but with the last bit I'm not sure I agree. I genuinely think the players do care

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Themessiah16/2 16:00Sun Feb 16 16:00:12 2020In response to Re: What Stevenage Means To MeTop of thread

Views: 169

What about the rumours of the management going from yesterday

By SFCfox16/2 11:34Sun Feb 16 11:34:49 2020In response to Re: What Stevenage Means To MeTop of thread

Views: 314

It's just the 'go to' excuse when the team doesn't win.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By RockyBottom16/2 09:27Sun Feb 16 09:27:07 2020In response to What Stevenage Means To MeTop of thread

Views: 394

Exactly!

2 people dislike this 2 people

Previous thread: Match Thread by AgentEves15/2 15:53Sat Feb 15 15:53:57 2020view thread