ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Match thread by East Coast BoroYesterday 23:43Yesterday at 23:43:17view thread

Oldest article: Lineup game by P-Dizzle31/1 09:23Fri Jan 31 09:23:55 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Revs new manager. Breaking news by WASP16/2 16:34Sun Feb 16 16:34:48 2020view thread

Embarrassing and clueless

By Junction 716/2 17:12Sun Feb 16 17:12:39 2020

Views: 1036

Yesterday the fans stepped up and with the help of Drackers & co and the #stevenageforleguefootball thing gave people some hope and encouragement to get behind the club and do their part .

I wasn’t at the game yesterday but heard the players at least tried which is all we could ask for at this crucial time of the season

In the many many years I’ve followed and supported this club I’ve never known this situation , being relegated from league one wasn’t a major trauma as we still had the luxury of being in the football league.

I’ve supported PW from the start when he came to our club and saved us at the 11th hour because Victor Green was locking the gates that night and walking away and there would have been no Stevenage Borough FC .... AGAIN!!!!!

But today I’ve finally lost faith and respect for him .. yes we have a lovely training ground yes we have a good ground now that’s not an embarrassment yes we have a new 76 bar etc and a club house most teams would love !!

But maybe he should have focused more on staying in the fecking football league them poncing around with boxing events changing the clubs history rebranding it to a mousse on our badge etc by getting a proper management team in and spending some money on players not the shower we have witnessed this season !!

NOW THE FINAL INSULT TO US ALL PUTTING AN EX PLAYER WITH ABSOLUTELY NO MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE IN CHARGE FOR THE LAST 13 MOST IMPORTANT GAMES OF OUR HISTORY ???

Well I’m sorry that’s just admitting defeat and relegation and that’s fecking insulting all those people that have ploughed endless amounts of time and money and years into this club and those whom have travelled up and down this country (especially this season ) over the years !!

WALLACE NOW IS THE TIME TO GET YOUR MONEY OUT ( well our money actually) AND SAVE US OR HAVE YOU GIVEN UP WITH 39 points STILL TO PLAY FOR ?? 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

ALEX REVELL???? Alex fecking Revell ?? Have you gone totally fecking mad man?????

Rant over !!!

Fuming and fecking pissed off

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people   10 people dislike this 10 people

Re: Embarrassing and clueless

By Roland Rimbs (BD)16/2 18:32Sun Feb 16 18:32:35 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 525

I thought the title was referring to your posts and you'd finally had a moment of self realisation.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Tucks16/2 18:01Sun Feb 16 18:01:15 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 615

A roll of the dice was needed. I’m on record as pro-GW but it wasn’t working.

There has been something seriously wrong within the club this season and for that reason I would have preferred us to have gone out and appointed a manager who wasn’t already within the camp. We need a man manager right now, someone who can come in, get that new manager bounce and try get some semblance of momentum behind us. I don’t think Revs is that man, however I will support him just as I have the other managers we’ve had this term.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Freemo16/2 17:58Sun Feb 16 17:58:35 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 634

How the FUCK do you extensively back your manager with a load of signings and then turn around and sack him a few days later TWICE in the SAME SEASON??

It's his money to waste and he's doing brilliantly at it.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Puds (Chuds)16/2 17:52Sun Feb 16 17:52:38 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 640

Ok Boycie.

So you stick with the guy who has lost seven in a row and lost ten out of 14 games? What exactly makes you think he will turn it around? The fact we looked a bit better yesterday? But still created nothing and still lost? At home to a poor side who offered very little?

Or you bring in which experienced manager who knows our players and won't take time to learn them, considering we have 12 games left?

I feel far more confident of us staying up now than I have done for weeks. We likely still won't, but we HAD to do something and we have.

Revs is very popular amongst the squad, he knows the squad, he is popular with the fans (other than you, but which players do you ever like?) and if you ever listen to any interview he conducts, he clearly knows his stuff.

A change of manager makes no difference to the hashtag and unity the fans have created. If anything this should give people another wave of belief.

Up the Revs! Up the Boro'!

13 people like this 13 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Rotterdamboro16/2 17:35Sun Feb 16 17:35:47 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 690

'Saved us at the 11th hour because Victor Green was locking the gates that night and walking away and there would have been no Stevenage Borough FC .... AGAIN!!!!!'

I find it hilarious how this story has been propagated over the years and now people take it as truth that Victor was about to walk away and fold the club. What utter utter cockrot. I'm sure Victor, ensconced in his LA pad, would find it amusing just how much he is made out to be the panto villain. But who cares eh, why let a good story get in the way. To be fair to Phil he's no mug as a businessman and it took some serious negotiating to get the deal to buy the club done. But about to fold we were not

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Richie Rich C16/2 18:37Sun Feb 16 18:37:21 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 417

There is no way you were around in the VG era or know anything of the club , I won’t go into what I and others know but I promise you the winding up order was in its way

5 people like this 5 people   

By Rotterdamboro16/2 19:03Sun Feb 16 19:03:30 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 362

'There is no way you were around in the VG era or know anything of the club'

Ok mate. Whatever you say. Fine with me if you want to believe that

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Junction 716/2 18:08Sun Feb 16 18:08:50 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 504

Think your wrong here my friend I know from experience within the club that’s exactly what happened believe what you like but that’s how it was 100%

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 17:40Sun Feb 16 17:40:31 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 639

But he was going to. He admitted it himself.

By Rotterdamboro16/2 17:48Sun Feb 16 17:48:32 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 603

Like Phil, Victor is an extremely astute businessman and I can assure you he wasn't going to just walk away. Brinkmanship maybe...

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 17:50Sun Feb 16 17:50:26 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 589

He milked the club dry of all the money from the Newcastle games the Birmingham game etc then ran. Not to mention the disgusting way in which he treated the groundsman at the time.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Rotterdamboro16/2 17:54Sun Feb 16 17:54:03 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 576

'He milked the club dry of all the money from the Newcastle games the Birmingham game etc then ran.'

Those are strong allegations to bandy about. I presume you have evidence of this to make such a statement?

By Junction 716/2 18:12Sun Feb 16 18:12:43 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 491

He put money into building the clubhouse rather than sort the ground out first for football league standard and we failed the inspection and stayed in Conference then tried taking the league to the high court to get it overturned costing shit loads of our money bloke was a cock ...

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 18:15Sun Feb 16 18:15:09 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 467

Not to mention the local business' that he knocked for money

1 person likes this 1 person   

By East Coast Boro16/2 17:58Sun Feb 16 17:58:11 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 532

"Those are strong allegations to bandy about. I presume you have evidence of this to make such a statement?"

Ah so you are really Victor #Rottonborotothecore ...... makes sense now ... I claim my £10

Edited by East Coast Boro at 17:59:25 on 16th February 2020

4 people like this 4 people   

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 17:54Sun Feb 16 17:54:43 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 554

How many businesses went bust under him? The evidence was the money was gone and we were hours from going out of business.

Edited by daveadkins at 17:56:07 on 16th February 2020

By the boy jones16/2 17:27Sun Feb 16 17:27:23 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 686

OUR MONEY?!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 2116/2 17:22Sun Feb 16 17:22:58 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 726

I’ve just been stating everything in your post to another borochatter on the phone! WTF is going on here?? GW might not have got the results but I had a genuine sense he was going to save us and then be the right guy to build for next year. But this farce couldn’t have been made up.

We’re on our 4th manager - a guy with no management experience whatsoever.

We’ve just spent a load of money on Westley choices, only to sack him before they properly bed-in.

We’ve taken the 3rd in command over the 2nd in command, thus slapping MS in the face too.

And IF we were sacking GW, we needed a new start, NOT just running through the list of who at the club was next to have a go!!!

We are now, IMO, properly fucked and on our way out. I had felt that however unlikely it was, we might still have done it under GW, and even if we hadn’t, I’d trust him most with a new season and assembling a team to challenge once more. Now, I see us crashing and burning, with next season being another rebuild with a new manager. Panic decisions. They will cost us more than GW ever would.

8 people like this 8 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Ken Jude16/2 18:06Sun Feb 16 18:06:26 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 480

Are any players actually the manager’s choices in this age? Or are they the ones selected by a player recruitment manager using a database?

By Ratman4616/2 18:10Sun Feb 16 18:10:24 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 462

We need a new database, ours was clearly made to run on Windows Vista.

By Puds (Chuds)16/2 17:56Sun Feb 16 17:56:12 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 530

What makes you think he would save us?

We have lost ten games out of 14. We have lost six in a row in the league (our joint-worst EVER in the FL) and seven in a row in all competitions (our worst EVER since the club formed).

Come on. I am genuinely interested in why people are STILL believing in and defending GW? What evidence is there that he could save us or do anything other than keep losing?

By Deltic 2116/2 18:37Sun Feb 16 18:37:36 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 383

Well obviously I don’t have anything concrete as evidence, just, like most of us, gut instincts. Clearly I cannot defend GW’s record this season; I agree it is dreadful on every level and many managers have been sacked for less. But after watching the first half at Bradford, and then seeing him change some players for Saturday, I saw much improved performances. Not enough just yet to win, granted, but like we were going to keep improving and nick points, esp against Macc and Morc when we play them. I do believe the players were showing ‘passion’ on Saturday and that they might be grasping the Westley way. Pleased to see the return of List particularly who I think is one of our most creative players.

What you shouldn’t do is go through 4 managers in a season. Teams that do stink of being doomed. Overall, given the limited choices available, I’d have stuck with GW and if we still failed, give him the chance to rebuild. If sacking him really was the best choice, then why think that the coach below the coach we had before is the one to save the season? If we accept this management team isn’t working, and the gamble on a new manager is worth taking, then it has to be someone new. Granted they would then need their own bedding-in period, but that is surely better than more of the same?? What is Revs going to do any differently?

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By AgentEves16/2 19:12Sun Feb 16 19:12:27 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 296

Have you ever been an assistant manager before?

You're there to assist the manager. You can make suggestions and float ideas, but ultimately the manager gets to make the final decisions and you're there to support.

You have absolutely no way to tell whether Revs has his own style that is nothing like Westley's, or Sampson, or anyone else's. He could be awful, but he could also be phenomenal.

Just because he was an assistant coach during our worst run of form, doesnt mean that he isnt capable of turning things around now he has the wheel.

By Deltic 2116/2 19:23Sun Feb 16 19:23:03 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 275

Well let’s hope he’s phenomenal.

By Junction 716/2 18:14Sun Feb 16 18:14:28 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 436

Chuds ok maybe not GW but to take a chance on Revs at this crucial stage ??? 😳

By the boy jones16/2 17:32Sun Feb 16 17:32:54 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 627

Last roll of the dice ain't it. Hope for a new manager bounce and a couple of wins. Then wait to see how many points Macclesfield are deducted. With GW it was looking like we wouldn't win again all season

2 people like this 2 people   

By Rotterdamboro16/2 17:30Sun Feb 16 17:30:48 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 649

'thus slapping MS in the face too.'

For whatever reason he can't sack Sampson. So has to keep him in the set up

By Ratman4616/2 17:32Sun Feb 16 17:32:35 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 621

Must be part of the family as well.

By Jonnym816/2 17:30Sun Feb 16 17:30:12 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 648

Great post. Completely agree.

By Owen B16/2 17:17Sun Feb 16 17:17:39 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 736

I understand your general point. But I'm not sure I follow the logic that boosting the commercial side (boxing event, new stand, 76 bar) would have any detrimental effect on the football side. Presumably the two sides of the business aren't competing with each other.

Edited by Owen B at 17:19:02 on 16th February 2020

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 17:15Sun Feb 16 17:15:46 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 753

Get his money out and do what with it? The transfer window is shut.

By Junction 716/2 17:22Sun Feb 16 17:22:31 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 691

PAY THE GOING RATE FOR A MANAGER IF THERES ANYONE OUT THERE !!!

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SFCfox16/2 17:59Sun Feb 16 17:59:17 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 499

OK Boomer

By Puds (Chuds)16/2 17:58Sun Feb 16 17:58:35 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 495

LOL!

By East Coast Boro16/2 17:24Sun Feb 16 17:24:54 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 660

Tisdales free

2 people like this 2 people   

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 17:24Sun Feb 16 17:24:12 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 669

Ok I see your point now you've explained it. No need to shout

By Junction 716/2 17:27Sun Feb 16 17:27:16 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 647

Sorry ... but I’m fecking fuming 🙄

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 2116/2 18:48Sun Feb 16 18:48:27 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 340

Yep. Know how you feel.

By Dave (daveadkins)16/2 17:39Sun Feb 16 17:39:35 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 572

Yeah I understand.

By RockyBottom16/2 17:15Sun Feb 16 17:15:42 2020In response to Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 770

The main mistake this season (although there have been many) was bringing back Westley. With him in charge we wouldn't have won a game for the rest of the season.

What manager of any calibre is going to come to the club at this point? I don't see what other option we had?

Edited by RockyBottom at 17:19:03 on 16th February 2020

6 people like this 6 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Ratman4616/2 17:32Sun Feb 16 17:32:01 2020In response to Re: Embarrassing and clueless Top of thread

Views: 629

The main mistake was taking too long in replacing MS, a caretaker should get the job or be moved aside after 4-6 games, not the amount he had, was a cheap option that has possibly cost us our league place.

Previous thread: Mark Sampson by Boromatt15/2 19:03Sat Feb 15 19:03:54 2020view thread