ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Looks like we have another season in L2 by SFCfoxYesterday 16:42Yesterday at 16:42:47view thread

Oldest article: Transfer Deadline Day by Old Town Boro31/1 00:34Fri Jan 31 00:34:15 20201 person dislikes this 1 personview thread

MenuSearch

Looks like we have another season in L2

By Rotterdamboro25/3 13:20Wed Mar 25 13:20:20 2020

Views: 1646

Story by Dan Kirkpatrick in Evening Standard saying National League season set to be voided with ‘reluctant’ agreement from clubs who have accepted there will be no promotion or relegation

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Looks like we have another season in L2

By RockyBottom26/3 16:06Thu Mar 26 16:06:55 2020In response to Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 833

My other team (Witton) in the Northern Premier step 3 and all levels below that have just had their seasons written off completely. Hope yet as not sure how they could bring everything into line if this runs over the summer. #shitbutstayingup

Edited by RockyBottom at 16:07:13 on 26th March 2020
Edited by RockyBottom at 16:10:38 on 26th March 2020

By Rotterdamboro26/3 17:01Thu Mar 26 17:01:31 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 770

If there's one thing are esteemed leader can do its ready his legal team for action should the league decide to demote us without playing any more games

Or not

By Nick (Nick.)26/3 14:28Thu Mar 26 14:28:32 2020In response to Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1036

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8156199/National-League-align-EFL-clubs-chance-promotion-League-Two.html

Re: Or not

By Sev26/3 20:25Thu Mar 26 20:25:30 2020In response to Or notTop of thread

Views: 634

"There are two promotion spots available in the National League this season due to the demise of Bury, "

Shit reporting. There are always 2 promotion spots.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Or not

By fox y26/3 14:33Thu Mar 26 14:33:08 2020In response to Or notTop of thread

Views: 890

Sounds like promotion only. Which was talked about a few weeks ago. Where 4 or 5 teams go to the prem instead of just 3 or 4
And no teams from the prem get relegated, but next season 5 teams go out

By East Coast Boro25/3 17:45Wed Mar 25 17:45:05 2020In response to Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1267

BBC Non-league football: National League asks Football Association to close season
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52039174

.." the National League board urged to end the season “as soon as possible for the purposes of player contracts”.
... ..NL chief executive Michael Tattersall said: “The broad consensus was that our clubs wish for a decision to be made to close the season as soon as possible."

However .. Barrow manager is less than Happy.

"The Football Association said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made regarding the end of the 2019-20 campaign."

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)25/3 20:07Wed Mar 25 20:07:21 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1135

Charlie Griffin says Barrow can fuck right off.

4 people like this 4 people   

By Paulio25/3 17:12Wed Mar 25 17:12:44 2020In response to Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1262

Can’t wait to finish bottom again.

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)25/3 17:14Wed Mar 25 17:14:44 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1232

Win the league with 100 plus points*

By Mercury 8825/3 13:36Wed Mar 25 13:36:48 2020In response to Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1435

Two things that are a must

Release all the players apart from the following.

Farman
Newton
Bastein or whatever the other goalkeeper is called.
Dabo
Cassidy

Appoint a manager with experience.

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Mattynoona25/3 14:13Wed Mar 25 14:13:06 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1374

For me, the priority is just surviving as a football club.

Any players that don't get released will surely have to take a pay cut, while other clubs will probably have to do the same with their wage bill.

I hope that first game back is a home match. It should be a big crowd, as both home and away fans alike will have missed their football fix.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)25/3 14:06Wed Mar 25 14:06:53 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1378

Neither of those are a must

Manager needs to be selected early. Needs to have a plan. A style. Needs to know the type of team he wants and how they're going to play. Needs to pick players that fit. Doesn’t matter if they have no experience or loads. If it’s Revs, it’s Revs.

The must is they decide who to release. The fact you didn’t name Carter either is mind blowing

By SFCfox25/3 14:20Wed Mar 25 14:20:19 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1396

Haha, or Scotty. Need to keep Byrom and Parrett too!

Cassidy hasn't really impressed.

Thank fuck he isn't the manager.

What would be great is a season without so many injuries!

By Paulio27/3 18:55Fri Mar 27 18:55:34 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 288

We should never have signed Byrom and Parrett back up!

By Puds (Chuds)27/3 19:12Fri Mar 27 19:12:45 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 272

Cost us a decent wedge for very few minutes, as predicted by many.

By Paulio27/3 19:21Fri Mar 27 19:21:41 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 269

“Leon’s shit out of ideas. What should we do?”

“Just sign those players that were always injured for us”

By SFCfox27/3 20:03Fri Mar 27 20:03:43 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 261

Joel played all of season and got hammered by supporters for doing so.

Everyone's an expert!

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)27/3 21:47Fri Mar 27 21:47:25 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 230

And he was carrying an injury for a while, whilst playing every week.

(Which might explain why he hasn't been very good a lot of the time, and shouldn't have been playing)

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))27/3 20:21Fri Mar 27 20:21:59 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 243

Byrom is the new Robin Hot Yoga

By AgentEves25/3 20:32Wed Mar 25 20:32:19 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1099

Why on earth would we keep Parrett or Byrom? Both been constantly injured. Both well past their best. I doubt either are cheap.

I really don't understand why people are opposed to us gutting the entire squad, with only a few exceptions. We finished bottom. We have been AWFUL all season. The ONLY player that has genuinely been impressive is Dabo, and I suspect that is largely down to the fact that almost every other player this season has been dogshit so he looks world class by comparison.

I agree that we should keep Carter. He's young and seemingly has potential.

I'd add Newton, Cassidy, Dabo, Bastien. Probably the youth players. I'd consider giving the newer lads a chance, too (the other players Westley brought in). And then maybe Cuthbert, to keep some experience in the team. Cassidy hasn't been fantastic, but he works hard and is clearly a decent target man. We knew he wasn't going to score goals, but I think his touch, movement, work rate and strength show that he is capable.

I don't think any of the others can make any strong claims for being kept on.

Let's not ignore the fact that these players have contributed to us finishing bottom. All of them. Why we would have an extensive list of players to keep is beyond me.

6 people like this 6 people   

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)25/3 20:41Wed Mar 25 20:41:26 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1094

I’m not saying keep loads of them. I’m saying let the manager decide. There is other factors that have led to this season. If they want to keep let’s say ten of them and thinks they fit his plan. Then so be it

I’d still argue Denton has something about him and maybe List. But those could go either way

Controversial opinion. Dabo isn’t that good.

But Im never gonna say Do this. Do that. No. Let the manager decide who and what he wants

Edited by reecedonnelly12@gmail.com at 20:50:08 on 25th March 2020

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By AgentEves26/3 21:09Thu Mar 26 21:09:30 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 547

That isn't a controversial opinion; it's a moronic one.

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)27/3 01:54Fri Mar 27 01:54:57 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 480

He’s debut was very good and his very good at ball retention but past that. Looks lost. Not his fault but his lack of communication with the others don’t help. Once the balls gone past him, he’s like a puppy dog. He’s ability to track his man is abysmal. Look at the goals conceded closely since cambridge. He looks good because of those around him rather than actually being good.

Edited by reecedonnelly12@gmail.com at 01:55:55 on 27th March 2020

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By AgentEves27/3 14:20Fri Mar 27 14:20:52 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 343

"Not his fault but his lack of communication with the others don’t help."

What a cheap attempt at football analysis; assuming he doesnt speak english just because he's French? You can barely speak English and you were born here.

I'm sorry, but you are completely wrong. If you think Dabo is to blame for most of our goals conceded this season then you're just plain wrong. There are far worse players on this team and far bigger culprits to be blaming.

Sure, he isnt phenomenal, hence why he's playing in League Two, but he's very, very clearly one of our best players. Sure, his competition for that accolade is poor, but you absolutely cannot start pointing a finger at him.

I cant be bothered to check but did I read somewhere else that you rate Denton? Yet you dont rate Dabo?

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Boromatt27/3 15:28Fri Mar 27 15:28:00 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 317

“Assuming he doesn’t speak english just because he's French?”

Westley said back in January that he doesn’t speak English and Sacha helps him with the language.

By AgentEves27/3 16:34Fri Mar 27 16:34:59 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 303

I'm fairly sure Cuthbert said when commentating that he does speak English...

By Puds (Chuds)27/3 18:21Fri Mar 27 18:21:56 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 266

Cuffz and Dabz probably chat away to each other in PIDGIN INGLISH whilst the others are nattering away in the Queen's finest.

No wonder nobody understands each other on the pitch with all these peasants screaming c-bombs all over the gaff. Crikey.

By Boromatt27/3 16:45Fri Mar 27 16:45:33 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 292

So Westley says he doesn’t speak it, along with Revs, along with Lakin, even along with Carl the player coach driver who said the exact same thing when in Bristol for the EFL Trophy.

With all of that information, I can clearly see why Reece assumes that he doesn’t speak English. Fair point?

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)27/3 16:36Fri Mar 27 16:36:24 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 287

I can say with one hundred percent certainty GW, Revs and Lakin said he does not

Edited by reecedonnelly12@gmail.com at 16:36:33 on 27th March 2020

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)27/3 15:08Fri Mar 27 15:08:32 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 328

Lakin, Carter, Leesley Revell and Westley have all said he don’t speak English so it’s difficult for him in interview . So “cheap analysis” is facts. Also proven by his mis placed pass stats which are way higher than they should be

Two As and currently working towards a first in a media and broadcasting degree so you can fuck right off with your personal insults. You have no right. You don’t know me. Fuck off

Wasn’t blaming him. Don’t even think he’s that bad. Just don’t think he’s as good as the god everyone makes him out to be. Just think he could of done better tracking his man on certain goals. I can point a finger at who I like and it’s at all of them

Rate is a bit far on Denton. I don’t think he’s as bad as everyone makes out to be.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))27/3 19:22Fri Mar 27 19:22:46 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 246

Please email copies your certificates to Borochatbetaforum@borochat.co.uk so these claims can be independently verified. In the meantime please can you have your posts translated into Enforcement and typed before posting.

By AgentEves27/3 16:39Fri Mar 27 16:39:22 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 283

"Also proven by his mis placed pass stats which are way higher than they should be."

What stats? What's the source?

I would be shocked if his pass completion rate was lower than others on the team. I also would be shocked if it was lower than the League Two average.

I also think using him not speaking English as a reason for misplacing passes is a dubious link, at best, and comical at worst.

RE: Denton "I don’t think he’s as bad as everyone makes out to be."

He is. Next.

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)27/3 17:01Fri Mar 27 17:01:41 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 274

Wyscout

Only worse pass completion stats in midfield is Arthur

Lakin, Westley and Revs all spoke about it leading to a few rhythm issues.

I know this may be hard for you to understand but we can rate and not rate the players you do. It’s subjective.

By Puds (Chuds)26/3 21:39Thu Mar 26 21:39:48 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 514

I don't think Dabo is anything particularly special either, bar his debut.

By Sev27/3 07:02Fri Mar 27 07:02:50 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 435

I missed his debut and haven't seen anything special from him. I think he does help break up opposition attacks well though.

By Puds (Chuds)27/3 07:59Fri Mar 27 07:59:00 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 417

I am in no way suggesting he is a bad player, but his quality has been vastly exaggerated by many.

If we had any remotely decent midfielders in our team to compare him to we wouldn't be thinking he was as good as we do. Compare him to midfielders in other L2 sides and you will see he is decent but nothing amazing.

By AgentEves27/3 14:26Fri Mar 27 14:26:25 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 317

But the point is that he is very clearly one of, if not the best player on the team. So to suggest that it might be up for debate as to whether we should keep him is just simply bizarre.

And before either you or Donnelly start crying that neither of you suggested we should get rid... we were discussing which of the few players we would keep. Donnelly responded saying that he doesn't think Dabo is that good. So presumably the point is that he's debating whether we should be clamoring to keep him.

Whether or not Dabo is amazing, at this point, is kind of irrelevant. He is excellent compared to our other players. Whether or not we try to keep him shouldnt even be up for debate.

By Paulio27/3 19:01Fri Mar 27 19:01:29 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 250

If I was in this team I’d be one of the best players.

By Freemo26/3 21:58Thu Mar 26 21:58:07 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 484

When put under pressure with the ball, he would attempt to hold onto it and find a pass, instead of relieve the pressure by giving it directly to the nearest opposition player. This makes him god-tier in the present squad.

By AgentEves27/3 14:30Fri Mar 27 14:30:09 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 313

I honestly think his ability to retain possession when under pressure makes him better than your average League Two player. Most League Two players, with the exception of the top-end players just fucking launch it when under pressure. That's why they play in League Two.

In a team where he didn't have to run the entire team himself, I think he would still be an excellent part of the team.

Edited by AgentEves at 14:30:38 on 27th March 2020

By Ratman4627/3 15:35Fri Mar 27 15:35:22 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 295

I'd struggle as well if I had to do the work of 2 midfielders as well, who stands out to be better than bang average who plays alongside him?

I'm struggling to name one.

By AgentEves27/3 16:42Fri Mar 27 16:42:03 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 297

I think you'd struggle to name many central midfielders that we have had (perm signings, not loans) since joining the Football League, other than Bostwick, who would be a guaranteed starter ahead of Dabo.

By Sev27/3 22:55Fri Mar 27 22:55:12 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 231

Mousinho
Charlie Lee
Schumacher
Tonge
Jack King before his legs went.
Keith Keane (was he a loan?)
Vincenti
James Dunne
Jimmy Smith
Greg Tansey
Josh Walker
Anthony Grant

By FreemoYesterday 15:50Yesterday at 15:50:31In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 151

Don't you 'Greg Tansey' me.

Connor Smith. Actually, scratch that.

Edited by Freemo at 15:51:35 on 28th March 2020

By SFCfoxYesterday 16:42Yesterday at 16:42:47In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 188

Greg Tansey was crap.

By Ratman46Yesterday 13:34Yesterday at 13:34:17In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 183

Simon Walton

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)27/3 23:16Fri Mar 27 23:16:34 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 217

Darren Murphy count?

By Sev27/3 23:20Fri Mar 27 23:20:50 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 224

Yeah and Joel MKI

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)Yesterday 12:15Yesterday at 12:15:48In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 193

Dave McAllister when fit

By Puds (Chuds)27/3 18:23Fri Mar 27 18:23:42 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 255

Loads of them!

By Ratman4627/3 18:22Fri Mar 27 18:22:13 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 253

Schumacher

By SFCfox27/3 16:48Fri Mar 27 16:48:00 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 276

Byrom.

By East Coast Boro26/3 21:55Thu Mar 26 21:55:12 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 475

"I don't think Dabo is anything particularly special either, bar his debut."

Indeed look at the videos of goals conceded after Cambridge match . Often he wasn't tracking back with his man, of course others did either tbf

By SFCfox26/3 21:30Thu Mar 26 21:30:47 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 503

What's Dabo's PPG since his debut?

Reece is correct.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By AgentEves27/3 14:36Fri Mar 27 14:36:53 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 315

Honestly, I dont fucking get this fan base.

People defend and praise absolute shit like Nugent, Walton, Burrow, and Dale fucking Gorman. And then say that players like Dabo, Dembele and Darius Charles "aren't that good."

I can accept that Dabo isnt the best League Two player we've ever seen, but in this season of absolute dross, that's the player that we are now saying "yeah he ain't that good" about?!

I cant get my head around how people think Dabo isnt that good yet are debating whether or not Nugent is a good League Two player.

Unreal. I just dont get it. Its maddening.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))27/3 19:26Fri Mar 27 19:26:23 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 241

Alot of energy in this thread arguing about the biggest pack of cunts ever to wear the shirt, bar the even bigger wage thieves like Grant and the Portuguese player Filipe —- whose name genuinely escapes me for now

By Puds (Chuds)27/3 18:24Fri Mar 27 18:24:16 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 251

WALTZ was mint, sunshine.

By SFCfox27/3 14:58Fri Mar 27 14:58:47 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 309

It was a joke, a Christmas joke.

I like Dabo. You're right his ball retention is very good and he's always looking to play it about on the deck instead of hoofing it to the front three.

Nugent misses Cuthbert. The whole team miss Cuthbert. He's worth his weight in gold and it's no suprise we've been absolute dogshite since his injury on NYD.

By AgentEves27/3 16:44Fri Mar 27 16:44:52 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 276

We've been dogshit since the first game of the season, tbf.

Yes, Cuthbert is a solid League Two defender, and no doubt the team would have been better with him in it. But Nugent could be playing alongside Ramos and he'd still be awful. Because he's awful.

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)27/3 17:04Fri Mar 27 17:04:31 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 269

Wasn’t under Mark

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Deltic 2125/3 17:40Wed Mar 25 17:40:23 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1195

I understand DP isn’t keen.

By jayess25/3 21:02Wed Mar 25 21:02:19 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1018

That works then. I'm not keen on DP. A shadow of the player he once was.

By East Coast Boro25/3 17:46Wed Mar 25 17:46:30 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1161

No Keen was a much better player ;-)

By Mercury 8825/3 14:32Wed Mar 25 14:32:03 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1333

Thank fuck a dickhead like you isn't the manager.

Fucking idiot.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By SFCfox25/3 14:35Wed Mar 25 14:35:29 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1331

Wow. That escalated quickly.

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)25/3 14:32Wed Mar 25 14:32:44 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1322

If you two are gonna flirt, do it elsewhere

By Tucks25/3 15:23Wed Mar 25 15:23:11 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1278

Flirt? This sounds like full on pillow talk.

By Deltic 2125/3 18:06Wed Mar 25 18:06:02 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1149

Let’s just hope that if we retain our league status (well done coronavirus, never doubted ya!), that Phil takes this season as a glimpse of what can happen if we don’t recruit properly, to both management and playing staff. I for one would NOT want Revs to continue, but think a whole new start with an experienced league manager, OR a motivated success from the lower leagues and an overwhelmingly new squad is what is needed. The need to rebuild a completely new team is a challenge many managers would jump at.

At a tough financial time such as this I can hardly demand we increase our playing budget, but solid funding is clearly needed to compete. Not squandering the playing budget on 267 hopeless shirt-thieves would be a start, but this will mean addressing who is in charge of recruitment. If strict limits on playing numbers can be set, with some intelligent recruitment, then the budget really may be made to work as it is. It is not essential the budget be increased, just used better. I absolutely do NOT want to go through this kind of shit again.

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Freemo25/3 20:25Wed Mar 25 20:25:09 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1033

Honestly this season already seems like a bad dream. Westley coming back, declaring he would get us in the Championship by Easter (he definitely said that) and getting fucked off five minutes later. Signing a winger on loan who couldn't get into a Conference side who somehow ended up being our first choice left back and seemed to be one of the players who cared the most at Crewe. Bringing back Parrett and getting about two decent games out of him? Nugent going from one of the divisions top centre backs to apparently being lobotomised. Kenners and Sonupe playing their way out of the squad and then getting back in for banter. Russell Slade. Signing a load of bad children to try and get out of it. Simeon Jackson.

Did any of that shit really happen?

By jayess25/3 19:54Wed Mar 25 19:54:12 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1072

I'll drink to that. Hope we never endure another season like this. But history suggests it is very difficult to completely rebuild a squad in one go and be successful, unless you have a small fortune to throw at it.
I would be reluctant to go with Revs. It may seem unfair but the percentage call for me is someone from the very top end of non-league on the way up.
Looks like we have a chance we clearly don't deserve. Please don't blow it, Phil.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Sev25/3 23:02Wed Mar 25 23:02:11 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 908

I think we need a majority rebuild. Keep maybe 6 or 7 players with the right attitude and replace the rest.

We then need some stability, establish ourselves as a mid table side and that is likely to be achieved with a manager who isn't spectacular but has years of experience in league 2 or similar. A steady pair of hands.

By SFCfox25/3 20:19Wed Mar 25 20:19:04 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1055

Back Sampson or Revs.

Sampson has been a manager for over a decade and he now has Football League experience.

2 people like this 2 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Freemo25/3 20:45Wed Mar 25 20:45:26 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1013

Yeah they done smashing getting that winning mentality into the lads.

By SFCfox25/3 20:50Wed Mar 25 20:50:55 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1005

Sampson did and in my opinion deserved the Jan transfer window.

Hey ho, PW bought in GW and fucked it even more.

But that's all in the past now. Coronavirus is a Boro fan

2 people dislike this 2 people

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)25/3 20:50Wed Mar 25 20:50:44 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1004

We wasn’t exactly losing

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)25/3 20:09Wed Mar 25 20:09:00 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1057

"someone from the very top end of non-league on the way up"

There's this bloke at Yeovil...

By jayess25/3 20:24Wed Mar 25 20:24:49 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1033

Funny you should say that. Remember doubles over Luton and Portsmouth, six away wins on the spin and Godden scoring for fun?
It's never been as good since....

3 people like this 3 people   

By East Coast Boro25/3 23:23Wed Mar 25 23:23:38 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 905

Can we have a new rule please. No former Players or coaches or Managers.
Time for a fresh start with new ideas from an experienced league Manager and a squad of say 17/18 decent L1/2 level players. Plus a bit of Boro youth and only just a couple on non league gambles maybe in the Jan window, with a couple of PL loanees youth added in. Pay the going rate for the boss and a physio and you'll save money in the long run Phil. Oh and ditch that bl**dy Raindeer and # weRcrap slogan. A return to Back to Pride Passion Ambition please.

By Donnellyrd (reecedonnelly12@gmail.com)25/3 21:01Wed Mar 25 21:01:48 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 991

People criticised Sarll a lot (deservedly) but I knew how he worked, how he wanted to play, the plan going forward. I could buy into it. Therefore I had trust in him. I don’t think we’d be where we are now if we didn’t sack him

I want to have that again. Maybe it is Revs, maybe it’s a young up and coming manager, maybe it’s experience.

Just make the plan clear.

I love Revs and I genuinely believe he’ll be a top manager. Maybe with us. but was he even asked how he’d change things when he got the job. Doubt it. Even dino in his interview on The Coaches voice said Phil rung him up and said “Blimey Dino, you do a lot of winning, I want a bit of that”. Is that the only requirement to get the job? Win games elsewhere? Unsustainable and all be it unattractive model to join

Edited by reecedonnelly12@gmail.com at 21:01:56 on 25th March 2020

By Ratman4625/3 20:34Wed Mar 25 20:34:18 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1020

I also remember Blackpool away.

Luton away tho was a different level.

By SFCfox25/3 20:47Wed Mar 25 20:47:20 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 1025

That period of 13 or so games where we kept on winning was the best football i've ever seen from a Boro team. We just battered the opposition week in week out for a good solid 2 months, was just a shame we ran out of steam.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))25/3 21:27Wed Mar 25 21:27:32 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 993

Lee and McAnuff were brilliant

By Ratman4626/3 07:03Thu Mar 26 07:03:53 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 878

Schumacher was class

By SFCfox25/3 21:40Wed Mar 25 21:40:43 2020In response to Re: Looks like we have another season in L2Top of thread

Views: 997

Yep and Godden made goal scoring look easy.

When we used to score goals, those were the days.

Previous thread: Telegraph by Boromatt27/3 12:39Fri Mar 27 12:39:59 2020view thread