ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other lo… by ChudsYesterday 23:48Yesterday at 23:48:43view thread

Oldest article: Chris Stokes by Stevenage FC Interviews30/6 19:31Tue Jun 30 19:31:44 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Mark Roberts by Stevenage FC Interviews5/7 23:01Sun Jul 5 23:01:30 2020view thread

Rushden and Diamonds...

By boroinyc (Spencer)7/7 21:52Tue Jul 7 21:52:38 2020

Views: 1319

Taken from my visit to Aldi this evening

Edited by Spencer at 21:52:59 on 7th July 2020
Edited by Spencer at 21:55:06 on 7th July 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Rushden and Diamonds...

By Specky (Mike H)8/7 10:05Wed Jul 8 10:05:11 2020In response to Rushden and Diamonds...Top of thread

Views: 777

Only did one visit to the ground but never liked it much......to me it felt a cold and manufactured place, lacking the openness of other grounds in the conference.

By East Coast Boro8/7 10:19Wed Jul 8 10:19:52 2020In response to Re: Rushden and Diamonds...Top of thread

Views: 753

' cold and manufactured place' At least our North Stand isn't.

1 person likes this 1 person

By AgentEves7/7 23:37Tue Jul 7 23:37:14 2020In response to Rushden and Diamonds...Top of thread

Views: 999

Why did they even knock it down? Like, if they were planning on building something else on the land, then why haven't they built it yet? Seems such a shame to knock down such a decent ground just to have the site sitting there doing nothing. I assume selling the stadium/land would have been part of the liquidation?

By Paulio7/7 23:51Tue Jul 7 23:51:23 2020In response to Re: Rushden and Diamonds...Top of thread

Views: 945

“It says they want to demolish the stadium due to its ‘dangerous condition as a major fire risk and derelict condition.’”

By Puds (Chuds)8/7 08:56Wed Jul 8 08:56:00 2020In response to Re: Rushden and Diamonds...Top of thread

Views: 797

I went along there a few years back to a youth cup match on a midweek afternoon (Rushden vs Woking as I recall) long after the neglect had started, and wandered all over the stadium and into the boardrooms and so on to have a look around.

It really was a state everywhere and was clear even then that any upkeep or improvements would be costly. Very rapid decline from being one of the better lower league stadiums of its time to what it became. Quite sad to see actually, but very fitting of that club, mind. Little wonder that Kettering didn't hang around there for long.

Now the new version of the club have risen up to the same level as Biggleswade Town and Hitchin, helped by having massive crowds at the levels they have been at. Must be quite fun actually once you have gotten bored of L2/Conf teams year in year out.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Hitchin Callling8/7 08:23Wed Jul 8 08:23:16 2020In response to Re: Rushden and Diamonds...Top of thread

Views: 803

Phoenix team now back in Rushden I think ground sharing with Higham.Previously played at Desborough.
Can see from wiki Rockingham Rd also demolished and they now play at Burton Latimer.
All of the groundshares are old UCL haunts for us.

Previous thread: Something to send to Oldham by Hitchin Callling3/7 13:15Fri Jul 3 13:15:59 2020view thread