ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Macclesfield expelled from national league by SevToday 18:05Today at 18:05:31view thread

Oldest article: The Masonic Macclesfield Orange EFL Order by Roulette Len19/6 22:52Fri Jun 19 22:52:21 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Farman by Copeysaurus17/8 10:10Mon Aug 17 10:10:29 2020view thread

Streaming, etc

By SFC Jonny (SFC Jonny)14/8 10:35Fri Aug 14 10:35:52 2020

Views: 913

I know that details will probably be released when the fixtures come out, but does anyone have any idea of how this streaming thing is going to work? Will we be able to watch Saturday 3pm kick offs while stadiums are closed? Will there be fake crowd noise like on Sky? How much will it cost? Will it be worth it? Etc.

Any genuine intel, hunches or wild guesses welcome.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Streaming, etc

By Boromatt14/8 13:20Fri Aug 14 13:20:04 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 598

I would assume for season ticket holders, I reckon the club will allow access for free, or at a discounted rate (especially for the away games) and possibly non season ticket holders will have to pay the normal rate?

Either way, it will be a different experience watching the first 3 weeks on the steaming with no fans at the game!

By SFC Jonny (SFC Jonny)16/8 10:19Sun Aug 16 10:19:32 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 228

First 3 weeks ? I seriously think it's going to be longer than that. Even when fans allowed back in, we will be at reduced capacity. And with numbers ticking up across Europe I think it's going to be a difficult winter.

Every chance that fans will be let in for a few weeks, then back into lockdown I reckon.

By AndyC17/8 08:11Mon Aug 17 08:11:10 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 177

Fans were allowed in at the snooker this weekend, which is indoor and therefore even more of a risk. There are mass event festivals happening all across the country now over the next few weeks. I don't see why fans aren't allowed into football from the opening weekend tbh.

But i agree with everything else, numbers are going the wrong way all across Europe and the brakes will have to go back on soon.

Edited by AndyC at 08:11:47 on 17th August 2020

By Dave (daveadkins)14/8 12:11Fri Aug 14 12:11:29 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 667

Dan Branowsky will be doing Facebook live from the North Stand.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Nick (Nick.)14/8 11:59Fri Aug 14 11:59:48 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 688

Just pray the iFollow streaming is better than previous years. First year was nice to have but then I couldn't take the 1 camera, 300% zoom anymore. Maybe they have room for multiple cameras now that so many more people will rely on streaming than before.

Also wonder if it'll be cheaper still for those of us living abroad. Feel more inclined to subscribe this year and help the club out after the last few months.

Edited by Nick. at 12:00:18 on 14th August 2020

3 people like this 3 people

By Puds (Chuds)14/8 13:17Fri Aug 14 13:17:51 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 576

I spoke to our cameraman a couple of years back about the zoom on the highlights/coverage.

Well, as I was walking across the car park a guy called my name and told me he was our cameraman and he had read my comments moaning about why the camera is always so zoomed in on the highlights!

He said that he agreed with me but that they had been instructed that they had to do so by whomever it was that aired the highlights (possibly prior to Quest, possibly not), particularly during corners and set-pieces around the box.

By Sev14/8 13:54Fri Aug 14 13:54:29 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 528

Think that was Channel 5 days

By Puds (Chuds)14/8 14:58Fri Aug 14 14:58:07 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 513

Was when I was heading for our xmas hospitality in the box, and was one you were at as I told you about it when I met you in the foyer, so would have been four years ago now maybe?

By Sev14/8 15:32Fri Aug 14 15:32:03 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 445

Yes I recall, but couldn't tell you how long ago.

By Nick (Nick.)14/8 13:25Fri Aug 14 13:25:39 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 531

Hah! Good work. Yeah I complained about it a couple of years back too and apparently it's central guideline that come from the EFL/iFollow. When we streamed our own PSF games last year (or at least showed the highlights) the difference was huge. You could actually see the play and attempt to work out formations etc. Hopefully this year the have more resources to allow more and better angles etc. Lets see!

By SFC Jonny (SFC Jonny)14/8 12:24Fri Aug 14 12:24:07 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 612

My understanding is that the EFL are rolling it out for almost all clubs (unless they opt out)? Given that it's the main way that people are going to be watching games, rather than an optional extra/getting a few highlights for TV, I'd hope they put some effort into making it a quality product, or at least not-entirely-awful product. It could be the main way that clubs generate revenue for a good portion of this season, so they need to get it right and make it watchable or people will just switch off.

Fingers crossed for multiple camera angles. They could easily install some cameras in the East Terrace, as they have done for cup games before. I'd think that "bigger" EFL clubs wouldn't accept a single fixed camera for their games, so we shouldn't either.

If we could do the cardboard cut outs in the stands thing too that would be great.

By Baldock (BALDOCKBORO)14/8 15:48Fri Aug 14 15:48:16 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 425

If you have 3 cameras you need more bandwidth, more camera operators and an editor to switch between cameras.

That's gonna eat into the few hundred quid a game profit.

By Sev14/8 15:52Fri Aug 14 15:52:09 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 450

Was going to say if you want multiple cameras and replays etc you'd need a director. Not going to happen.

Just hope the one camera is good enough quality so it looks like it does on the normal TV view and not a mile away so you can't tell who the players are and not so close that you can't see the full play.

By Nick (Nick.)14/8 12:25Fri Aug 14 12:25:05 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 625

Or this - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52702075

By SFC Jonny (SFC Jonny)14/8 12:25Fri Aug 14 12:25:48 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 600

Plastic fans, etc.

By Puds (Chuds)14/8 11:36Fri Aug 14 11:36:27 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 665

/forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/borochat/article/493774

By Pamela Christian Andersen (Paulio)14/8 11:18Fri Aug 14 11:18:53 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 659

1st November has been set as the earliest potential date for full capacity music events. I imagine sports will be similar to that.

Edited by Paulio at 11:19:07 on 14th August 2020

By Tucks14/8 10:40Fri Aug 14 10:40:22 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 709

Would assume if you buy a season ticket you can stream for free until you’re allowed in. Otherwise you have to pay on the day. Then I assume it’s the same deal as the Tuesday night fixtures that were streamed last season.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens for those who miss out on match day tickets once fans are allowed back into grounds, or those who want to watch games but aren’t comfortable with attending in person. Will the streaming option remain available for Saturday games...

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)14/8 10:57Fri Aug 14 10:57:30 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 688

That'll be good if the season ticket covers streaming.
I thought they might just reduce the cost of the ST depending on when we are allowed in.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)14/8 10:38Fri Aug 14 10:38:12 2020In response to Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 722

I'm going to park in the fairlands car park during games and blast out the radio commentary from Steve, Deano and Trebbsy.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)14/8 10:52Fri Aug 14 10:52:46 2020In response to Re: Streaming, etcTop of thread

Views: 697

Didn’t think you liked the BBC.

2 people like this 2 people

Previous thread: Lookee Likee # 9 by Roulette Len16/8 22:22Sun Aug 16 22:22:34 2020view thread